Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1227621 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2670 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:29:23 »

Decent length = end of next season?

I guess that would be ok. Provided there are no additional clauses. Though I think we are limited in player loans from 1 club for example.

No idea if this guy is any good, he's only coached youth. But he's Morris choice, which is the important point.

I thought it was 9 months, which would expire at the end of the year which would be a strange time for him to leave/be replaced by Graham Rix.

Not entirely sure how accurate that is. (The time frame, not the Graham Rix thing)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2671 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:49:15 »

Surprised more hasn't been made on social media of the 'big' off field developments Whelan's mentioned, but guess it may be watered down as it was mentioned towards end of his opinion piece rather than the main content of his article.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2672 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:51:37 »

Surprised more hasn't been made on social media of the 'big' off field developments Whelan's mentioned, but guess it may be watered down as it was mentioned towards end of his opinion piece rather than the main content of his article.

Yeah, the line worried me.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2673 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:52:05 »

Could be great news, though.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2674 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:53:56 »

Yeah, the line worried me.

Whelan is surely Sandro's soundboard so I doubt it would be anything negative? Unless he's been asked to put that in to take away from the Brand loan deal? Who the fuck knows.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2675 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:55:36 »

Could be great news, though.

Sandro gone. Zav gone. Dougherty Co-owner. Nw roof magically appears over Stratton Bank overnight and Lee Power loses all his money on what he thought was the Nigerian lottery.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #2676 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 09:59:37 »

Whelan is surely Sandro's soundboard so I doubt it would be anything negative? Unless he's been asked to put that in to take away from the Brand loan deal? Who the fuck knows.

Whelan & Sandro certainly seems to be link, so not sure how excited i can get from anything Sandro is teasing, given i'm sure he is a large part of the problem at the club.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #2677 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:06:34 »

Had heard this a week or so ago. His wages are huge at Chelsea, would probably make him the highest paid at the club if he was on the same salary here.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2678 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:13:26 »

Whelan & Sandro certainly seems to be link, so not sure how excited i can get from anything Sandro is teasing, given i'm sure he is a large part of the problem at the club.

Maybe Zav's Pakistan drug money laundering business (allegedly), I mean the coaching thing has secured big investment.

*this is a joke FYI

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2679 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:16:18 »

Had heard this a week or so ago. His wages are huge at Chelsea, would probably make him the highest paid at the club if he was on the same salary here.

If getting Brand was a deal breaker for Jody Morris and we can't afford his wage/compo then as long as Brand and Morris are happy with the deal then fair enough.

I don't think it's ideal however and certainly doesn't seem to allow continuity on the face of it.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2680 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:18:08 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
I thought it was 9 months, which would expire at the end of the year which would be a strange time for him to leave/be replaced by Graham Rix.

Not entirely sure how accurate that is. (The time frame, not the Graham Rix thing)

I'd not heard any length of time beyond Jan's substantial comment.

9 months would be bloody odd unless there's chance of extension. surely it's got to be season long

I agree with Rob that permanency isn't a concept in football, but to actively recruit for it is just...odd.
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:22:47 by Batch » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2681 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:21:49 »

Quote from: ThreeDrawsMentality

there's nothing to react to without actual details though.

The fact he's said 'busy for the next few weeks' is intriguing.

we can speculate I guess

- given recent transfers have bypassed Top Deck, maybe he's off?
- Clem selling/getting another investor
- the dog and duck revealed as floodlight bulb sponsor

who knows
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2682 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:24:16 »

Maybe Zav's Pakistan drug money laundering business (allegedly), I mean the coaching thing has secured big investment.

*this is a joke FYI

Bloody hope it's a joke anyway!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2683 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:34:08 »

*this is a joke FYI
Adver Headlines
Xavi finds new East Asian investment

Foo Kin Nowun

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #2684 on: Saturday, February 18, 2023, 10:38:02 »

Adver Headlines
Xavi finds new East Asian investment

Foo Kin Nowun

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: