Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 848   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1228569 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:40:42 »

It gets a bit boring, you asking the same questions. Most have been asked, an answer has been given. If you don't like the answers then, oh well.
They haven’t answered them though. We’ve never received Zav’s FPPT result, the ‘new’ role of Adam Hart hasn’t been announced, the involvement of Kiely hasn’t been clarified. These are quite important.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #2536 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:42:41 »

Will be interesting to see where we place in the next fan engagement index.

As it stands, I suspect that we are one of the more transparent clubs in the EFL given the advisory board etc.
I note that fan advisory boards look to have been mandated in the PL now.

Maybe the great thirst for information is a bounce back from the droughts of the Power regime?
Having said that, there are very legimate questions that need to be addressed.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #2537 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:43:20 »

Also, the problem with asking any questions of Ralph is that you won't really get any answers of substance, and why would you?  If someone asks me questions which are clearly pointed at suggesting I am either under qualified or not performing, I'm never going to respond by telling them they are right. 

Unlike DV, I think it is very clear he has a lot of responsibility for the recruitment and development of football Ops (Austin's signing was so clearly not his doing - so Clem can and will jump in, but infrequently).  The only way of judging his performance, as fans, is what we manage to produce in terms of squads under his tenure.  This one looks ramshackle - it's lacking the right type of experience (yes, experienced players can be shit) to support consistency in performance, disjointed in the positional cover, full of "rough diamopnds" with far too little emphasis on immediate needs etc.  That's all opinion though, mine.  He's not going to agree with me.  Clem will make decisions based on whether we hit the right levels of performance - and only then can we determine what those targets were.  If we miss the play offs this season, I'd expect Ralph to be long gone before we sign our next player.  If he isn't (and we missed out) then it speaks loudly of what we value.  Equally, if we get promoted, Ralph can rightly tell people like me to shut the fuck up (and we won't!).

That's what it boils down to in the end - forums are for us to mouth off.  Better here than at a game.  I can be sensible in plenty of other places.  Right now, Ralph looks unqualified and is shit at his job.  He's not the only one, but if putting out a decent squad to win games is the main aim of a football club, he has put himself squarely in the firing line.  The club shop may also be a mess, but I'm not about to spend my time being too worried about who runs it.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:44:17 »

They haven’t answered them though. We’ve never received Zav’s FPPT result, the ‘new’ role of Adam Hart hasn’t been announced, the involvement of Kiely hasn’t been clarified. These are quite important.

The fit and proper test, have you asked anyone to confirm? If nothing has been announced I'm assuming it's ongoing but it has dragged on.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:48:47 »

The fit and proper test, have you asked anyone to confirm? If nothing has been announced I'm assuming it's ongoing but it has dragged on.

Yes and it’s radio silence, just an ‘ongoing’ holding statement. It doesn’t take 18 months to get a result, he’s a convicted fraudster and money launderer. It would be farcical if he did pass as they are literally the worst offences someone could commit in relation to running a football club. So either say we aren’t bothering or he failed, don’t just brush it off.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 16:55:39 »

What I would say is that its impossible to judge Ralph without knowing the parameters he has to work with.

If he's had more money than last season, which you'd expect, its not looking good.
But who knows what wage structure is now in place and what recruitment policies have been placed upon him.

We don't. Probably wont ever.
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #2541 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:00:29 »

A lot of these questions have been asked previously and answers provided (I know because I asked them). Adam Hart doesn't have a new role is was an error on his job title on that leaked attendee list. This question was asked today at the AB by me and Clem answered it, it will be in the AB minutes in the next week or so. Some of the other questions in this list were also asked and responses will be in the minutes in the next week. Also the OSC asked quite a few fan questions today which will also be in the minutes.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2542 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:00:57 »

What I would say is that its impossible to judge Ralph without knowing the parameters he has to work with.

If he's had more money than last season, which you'd expect, its not looking good.
But who knows what wage structure is now in place and what recruitment policies have been placed upon him.

We don't. Probably wont ever.
I’m guessing we will get to see full accounts now rather than the usual abridged ones so that will probably reveal all.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:03:07 »

A lot of these questions have been asked previously and answers provided (I know because I asked them). Adam Hart doesn't have a new role is was an error on his job title on that leaked attendee list. This question was asked today at the AB by me and Clem answered it, it will be in the AB minutes in the next week or so. Some of the other questions in this list were also asked and responses will be in the minutes in the next week. Also the OSC asked quite a few fan questions today which will also be in the minutes.

That’s a good start as it had all got a bit vanilla with the advisory board recently so good to see the more difficult questions are being asked again.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:08:52 »

That’s a good start as it had all got a bit vanilla with the advisory board recently so good to see the more difficult questions are being asked again.

It does take people to ask the Trust/OSC questions for them to actually ask them, crazy I know.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:13:06 »

The questions I posted earlier are from last month's minutes. The questions are being asked at the Advisory Board, whether or not people read them (or are happy with the answers) is another matter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2546 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:14:01 »

Fair enough
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2547 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:16:51 »

The questions I posted in this post are from last month's minutes. The questions are being asked at the Advisory Board, whether or not people read them (or are happy with the answers) is another matter.

The minutes are definitely being read.

The answers never please everyone. But all you can do is ask then either accept or wait and see if the actions match.

As long as they aren't brushed off
DMC

« Reply #2548 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 17:56:02 »

The other issue as well that i have not really thought about is just how many people are really asking these questions. Theres what 10 people on here and even if you were generous and said 100 on twitter, for a club getting over 9k a week would you feel you had to answer the questions of a very small minority every time they ask?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #2549 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 18:19:46 »

As I said - the phone in guy asking Sandro to clarify the ambition of the club. That’s not in his remit. That’s not something he sets.
It’s like someone asking me what the ambition / future plans are for the Royal Mail. No good asking me, I just work there!

No disrespect but that really isn't a fair comparison. You're not likely to be a senior partner at Royal Mail nor one of their TDs or COO. Sandro is essentially Town's COO. If you were the COO of RM, then I think you would probably have an idea of or be involved with conversations about the direction and strategy of the business. No doubt that would involve things like innovation, AMBITION, success, and so on.

Whilst I agree that would be Clem's job to mainly answer that specifically, he has clearly employed SdM to do the leg work for him - a common theme in business structure...top down ethics; you try and pass the workload downwards but yes the buck still will stop with the most senior ranking members/partners.

Rightly so, you shouldn't know everything going on a RM if an employee in some capacity. You wouldn't be expected to know contract negotiations or details of an incoming partner/executive until maybe very close to the time. Even then, most employees wouldn't care so long as they are being looked after.

Your example was a poor one DV. SdM will/should know much more than you are evading him credit for Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 848   Go Up
Print
Jump to: