Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 70274 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:33:32 »

Doh, missed a vital part of the post Smiley
Thick cunt.

It's All Good..............
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 09:47:53 »

How did he do that?, amazing...

With the back of his head!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #677 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:28:37 »

when is the next round ?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #678 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:30:19 »

when is the next round ?

w/c 24th Sept
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:39:07 »

w/c 24th Sept

ta - was hoping it might bump the pompey match
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #680 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:06:52 »

The highlights are still not working on the official site.

EDIT. Here is Sky's effort:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16476_8032200,00.html
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:10:51 by jayohaitchenn » Logged
Potterboy

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:12:31 »

hi all...stoke fan here!

just wanted to firstly say well done for tuesday, best team won no doubt about that..made us look like a bunch of part timers with a hangover!

firstly to clear a couple of things up........

1)"Harvester-gate!" - please don't take that as a representation of Stoke fans in general! those involved (on both sides, ours and yours) i'm sure you'll agree are bloody idiots who embarass the club they're apparently there to support.every club has them and thankfully they're a minority!
2)our lack of support - we'd only just had the Arsenal game 48 hours earlier and stoke isn't exactly a flush area economically so the prospect for some of going to the Brit on a Tuesday night for a second round cup tie against a lower league side (no offence meant, genuinely) was obviously never going to be a big draw for many of the fans (particularly given the football they've had to witness there since January - pretty dire most of it!!!)
3) the waving our arms around ("Doing the Wenger") - we always do it when Arsenal come to take the piss out of Arsehole Wenger and his constant pleas for free kicks,penalties etc. anytime anyone breathes near one of his precious little players. when PDC starting doing it we started "Doing the Wenger" for a laugh (again, no offence..pretty much everyone in football including us has a LOT of time for your manager.genius player and great manager!)

anyway, onto the game.......

we were AWFUL, possibly the worst display i've seen us put in for at least 5-10 years! players of ANY Premiership side should not be embarassing themselves in that fashion. Whitehead couldn't pass with anymore strength than you'd expect from a 5 year old, Upson looked confused everytime the ball came near him, Jerome wandered around whinging and blaming everyone else for his lack of ability and don't even get me started on Shotton (although apparently he's off to Leicester, i'm driving him there myself!!!). most Stokies are livid with the players for their performance (especially given that much of the same team managed to get a 0-0 with Arsenal 2 days earlier) and are just thankful we even managed to take you to extra time!
but despite our failings (and i won't bore you with them all, we'd be here for weeks just talking about Shotton's that night) i was VERY impressed with you guys..both players and fans alike!

your left side did a proper job on Pennant all night! Pennant looked to be positive and get at you (as did Kightly, probably our only 2 starters who actually gave it a go) but you forced him to come inside virtually everytime where he was almost always crowded out and gave away possession/went down praying for a free kick. Collins was very sharp, very alert and obviously knows where the goal is.

at the back you seemed very solid (until Crouch came on) and held up to our aerial bombardment far far better than most of the "Ooh ref he's hurt me by brushing against my shoulder" Prem players we come up against.

all in all you were better all over the pitch, gave it far more dedication to the cause and actually looked like it meant something to you.we were just embarassing!

probably a great game for the neutrals due to the amount of goals and the whole back and forth of it all but for a Stokie it was completely soul destroying to see our team put in such a keystone cops kind of performance, credit to you guys for exploiting that (people always say in the Prem if you make mistakes like that you get punished; you guys proved that decent lower league sides will also punish you just as much!!!) and good luck for the rest of the season and the cup run that follows for you   Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 12:52:53 »

Wha
hi all...stoke fan here!

just wanted to firstly say well done for tuesday, best team won no doubt about that..made us look like a bunch of part timers with a hangover!

1)"Harvester-gate!" - please don't take that as a representation of Stoke fans in general! those involved (on both sides, ours and yours) i'm sure you'll agree are bloody idiots who embarass the club they're apparently there to support.every club has them and thankfully they're a minority!
2)our lack of support - we'd only just had the Arsenal game 48 hours earlier and stoke isn't exactly a flush area economically so the prospect for some of going to the Brit on a Tuesday night for a second round cup tie against a lower league side (no offence meant, genuinely) was obviously never going to be a big draw for many of the fans (particularly given the football they've had to witness there since January - pretty dire most of it!!!)
3) the waving our arms around ("Doing the Wenger") - we always do it when Arsenal come to take the piss out of Arsehole Wenger and his constant pleas for free kicks,penalties etc. anytime anyone breathes near one of his precious little players. when PDC starting doing it we started "Doing the Wenger" for a laugh (again, no offence..pretty much everyone in football including us has a LOT of time for your manager.genius player and great manager!)

we were AWFUL, possibly the worst display i've seen us put in for at least 5-10 years! players of ANY Premiership side should not be embarassing themselves in that fashion. Whitehead couldn't pass with anymore strength than you'd expect from a 5 year old, Upson looked confused everytime the ball came near him, Jerome wandered around whinging and blaming everyone else for his lack of ability and don't even get me started on Shotton (although apparently he's off to Leicester, i'm driving him there myself!!!). most Stokies are livid with the players for their performance (especially given that much of the same team managed to get a 0-0 with Arsenal 2 days earlier) and are just thankful we even managed to take you to extra time!
but despite our failings (and i won't bore you with them all, we'd be here for weeks just talking about Shotton's that night) i was VERY impressed with you guys..both players and fans alike!

your left side did a proper job on Pennant all night! Pennant looked to be positive and get at you (as did Kightly, probably our only 2 starters who actually gave it a go) but you forced him to come inside virtually everytime where he was almost always crowded out and gave away possession/went down praying for a free kick. Collins was very sharp, very alert and obviously knows where the goal is.

at the back you seemed very solid (until Crouch came on) and held up to our aerial bombardment far far better than most of the "Ooh ref he's hurt me by brushing against my shoulder" Prem players we come up against.

all in all you were better all over the pitch, gave it far more dedication to the cause and actually looked like it meant something to you.we were just embarassing!

probably a great game for the neutrals due to the amount of goals and the whole back and forth of it all but for a Stokie it was completely soul destroying to see our team put in such a keystone cops kind of performance, credit to you guys for exploiting that (people always say in the Prem if you make mistakes like that you get punished; you guys proved that decent lower league sides will also punish you just as much!!!) and good luck for the rest of the season and the cup run that follows for you   

What
hi all...stoke fan here!

probably a great game for the neutrals due to the amount of goals and the whole back and forth of it all but for a Stokie it was completely soul destroying to see our team put in such a keystone cops kind of performance, credit to you guys for exploiting that (people always say in the Prem if you make mistakes like that you get punished; you guys proved that decent lower league sides will also punish you just as much!!!) and good luck for the rest of the season and the cup run that follows for you   Smiley

What a nice chap......thanks.
Supports the magic of the Cup.
Generally speaking your fans were decent and after the game were praising the Swindon performance.
For the record can't see Stoke going down this season.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 13:46:24 »

hi all...stoke fan here!

probably a great game for the neutrals due to the amount of goals and the whole back and forth of it all but for a Stokie it was completely soul destroying to see our team put in such a keystone cops kind of performance, credit to you guys for exploiting that (people always say in the Prem if you make mistakes like that you get punished; you guys proved that decent lower league sides will also punish you just as much!!!) and good luck for the rest of the season and the cup run that follows for you   Smiley

I couldn't make the game myself, but thanks for that - top comment.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #684 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 13:49:19 »

Somebody had better teach the Duke how to quote properly!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 13:56:55 »

Somebody had better teach the Duke how to quote properly!

Is it something you can teach?  It isnt massively complicated.  I reckon you either can or you cant .... And the Duke cant ...
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 14:01:36 »

Is it something you can teach?  It isnt massively complicated.  I reckon you either can or you cant .... And the Duke cant ...

A bit like using apostrophes then ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #687 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 14:03:02 »

What has Matthew, Mark, Luke and John got to do with this ?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 14:11:09 »

Or superfluous spaces between the end of a sentence and a question mark.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
DMR

« Reply #689 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 14:32:05 »

It's_Love would be chuffed though
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: