Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 70296 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #660 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:22:15 »

James Collins enters some exclusive company, as men who've scored an away hat-trick for us in the LC. The list is short...Peter Noble at Swansea, in 69, season after we won the thing, and JAF in the memorable run to the semi in 94/95. JAF came at the Valley, in a two legger after we lost 3-1 at the CG in the first leg.

Home hat-tricks aren't common either...the first Jack Smith v Darlo in 62/63, then Jimmy Quinn (twice) notably in consecutive games in 87/88 v Shitty and Pompey.

Not a bad way to get you're STFC career going....

Cox against Scunthorpe?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:23:09 »

Just got back after staying in Stoke last night.

What a night, quite possibly the best game I have ever been to. We were brilliant, looked like the better team for long periods of game and totally deserved the win.

Was a bit annoying waiting at the start of the game for the stewards to open the overflow bit, very poorly organised. Was impressed with the ground, think it would be very impressive when full.

First half we were brilliant, played them off the park and could have easily been 5-0 up at Half Time. It was only when they got one back that we got nervous and invited them on to us.

When it went to extra time, I thought they would go on and win it but we were the better team. After Flint had put us 3-2 up, I thought that was it, but fair play to Stoke they came back at us with 10 men and got the equaliser.

After that they really tired, and we had many chances to win it but I didn't think it was going to happen until Collins stuck it in, and they away end went mental!

Can't single out any players for special praise, each and every one of them was brilliant.

What a night. So proud to be a town fan.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:25:19 »

Cox against Scunthorpe?

League match
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:26:53 »

Really enjoyed posting and reading the posts during last nights game, talk about a roller coaster ride. Would loved to of been there and quite often find it harder only being able to listening live.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:28:07 »

Just got back after staying in Stoke last night.

What a night, quite possibly the best game I have ever been to. We were brilliant, looked like the better team for long periods of game and totally deserved the win.

Was a bit annoying waiting at the start of the game for the stewards to open the overflow bit, very poorly organised. Was impressed with the ground, think it would be very impressive when full.

First half we were brilliant, played them off the park and could have easily been 5-0 up at Half Time. It was only when they got one back that we got nervous and invited them on to us.

When it went to extra time, I thought they would go on and win it but we were the better team. After Flint had put us 3-2 up, I thought that was it, but fair play to Stoke they came back at us with 10 men and got the equaliser.

After that they really tired, and we had many chances to win it but I didn't think it was going to happen until Collins stuck it in, and they away end went mental!

Can't single out any players for special praise, each and every one of them was brilliant.

What a night. So proud to be a town fan.

I know you are a youngish one langers, so what i'm really pleased about is some of our younger fans experiencing some of the highs us older fans bang on about all the time. As let's be honest after the shitty 15 years or so we've had i'm surprised we have any young fans. I'd have probably topped myself if I hadnt seen with my own eyes nights like last night before.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:33:38 »

You're? Deary me Reginald.

Been on a lengthy extended Bank Holiday weekend of booze and birds...got to catch up with you  Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 20:40:51 »

Dearest me Reginald Wink
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 21:36:28 »

I know you are a youngish one langers, so what i'm really pleased about is some of our younger fans experiencing some of the highs us older fans bang on about all the time. As let's be honest after the shitty 15 years or so we've had i'm surprised we have any young fans. I'd have probably topped myself if I hadnt seen with my own eyes nights like last night before.

I've been quite lucky really, I've seen two promotions, 2 trips to Wembley and a season under Paolo Di Canio.

Although, it wouldn't be Swindon town without there being a relegation in there as well!

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 22:25:18 »

Some of their lot are fed up with pulis and his tactics. They arer i for diag passer charlie Adam so that aint gonna change.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 22:31:18 »

Not quite sure why the need Adam, surely he will just stand there watching the ball go over his head.

I can understand it must be frustrating to watch every week, but I think it would be a mistake for pullis to change the game plan if they want to remain in the Prem.

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 22:35:56 »

His long ball delivery and diagonal passing is very good. He'll do well for them of they carry on with pulis.
1863Forum

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 00:35:55 »

Fair play, the better side won. I'll be rooting for Swindon in the next round! As will many Stoke fans, the reaction on Twitter and various Stoke forums suggests our support have grown a liking to Swindon, also great to see our fans being gracious in defeat.

Don't know how we scored three, we're dogshit at the moment, I'm really worrying about our top flight status this season. Only won four games in 2012, things need to change!

Good luck to Swindon and your absolutely nuts manager! Cheesy
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #672 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:04:52 »

League match

Doh, missed a vital part of the post Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #673 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:29:51 »

http://newsthump.com/2012/08/30/swindon-town-to-advise-arsenal-on-scoring-against-premier-league-opposition/
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 08:31:02 »

Cheers 1863, good luck for the season.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: