Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stoke City Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 70286 times)
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:00:29 »

I am sure it has been mentioned but ....

Whens the draw for the next round?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:02:56 »

tomorrow

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:22:54 »

Different link for the video Sippo posted, in case it don't work for nobody.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/08/29/video-stoke-city-3-4-swindon-town-aet-captial-one-cup-highlights/

I'm still buzzing thismorning. And I only listened to it on the radio. What is up with the TV stations that they didn't pick this up? Fuckwits.
ScillyRed

« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:24:01 »

Just remembered we were playing last night  Doh

PLASTIC FANTASTIC  Clap Clap Clap
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:24:36 »

The draw is live on Sky straight after Thursdays live game between Northampton and Wolves.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:36:01 »

Ah, that was fan-fucking-tastic.

...but...we played good football, we scored 4 goals, we kept going, we didnt tire, we had heart, commitment, passion, desire and we NEVER gave up - all traits Paolo Di Canio has installed at this club, all traits we have missed for many years. All traits that will make us successful.

The man is just the shot in the arm his club has been crying out for, for years.

Last of all, a little shout out to Paul Caddis - you are an absolutely fucking fool if you dont want to be part of this circus anymore. This circus is fantastic, this circus is going places. You need this circus more than it needs you and this will be the best ever circus you will ever be apart of.

Roll on the next game.

Yes  Too bloody right!  Paul who...?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:40:11 »

It's great to be a Town fan.  Cheesy Clap
Peter Venkman

« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:40:21 »

A quote from the Stoke forum....

Outclassed out played out coached in every aspect of football last night from a Div 3 side who are coached correctly.

Says it all really.

Also

yes it proved swindon have championship ability players. swindon will win their league at the end of this season and move into the championship.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:41:58 by JJEdmunds » Logged

TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:45:02 »

Just woken up after last night and had to rejig my memory, but that was absolutely fantastic! The lads showed great fight and resiliance to not only play Stoke off the park, but also when Stoke came back at 2-2 to then go on and win the game...something really special is going on here at the moment. All credit to PdC and the players, keep grafting away lads and the rewards will come!!!!!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 08:49:04 »

Some good comments about Paolo here...apart from the last one (currently) that says he deserves to be managing a bigger side than Swindon.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=198145&page=1

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 09:06:18 »

draws today innit? what time??

Clems Army!
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 09:08:22 »

Haven't heard how Jay is yet and hope he's fit for sunday.

He tweeted last night to say he was alright Smiley
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 09:09:25 »

When the hell did they go down to 10?! I see it mentioned as that Ness fella who came on as part of their triple change.

Anyways, what the fucking hell did I witness last night?! In every aspect bar the significance of the game, that beat Charlton away hands down. Absolutely phenomenal performance from every single player last night. Nathan Thompson came on and had an absolute beast imo.

I said sidlittle (Stoke forum) would be in for a treat Cheesy and we didn't let him down.

Such a crazy, crazy game. If Jones could finish, we would've been 2 down before we scored but by half time we could've been 4 up! I wasn't sure which way it'd go when they pulled it back to 2 all but when I saw the two teams regrouping at full time, I had a feeling it'd be us that won. All our players were stood up and around Paolo, no hands on knees, no looking knackered. Compared to Stoke who were all lying on their backs looking like they'd had enough and it really showed in E.T, huge gaps were opening up where they simply couldn't be bothered to track back.

I don't know who to pick out, everyone was amazing last night and I am going to explode when Williams finally scores, the bloke deserves it more than anyone. I think last night we saw everything in Collins that made him PDC's number one target in the summer and why he spent so long talking to him after we beat Shrews.

I have sung myself completely hoarse. Absolutely gutted I can't go to Preston, let's not fuck it all up now by losing. Not that I think we will.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 09:09:43 »

draws today innit? what time??
Thursday mate, straight after the Northampton game about 10.30ish.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, August 29, 2012, 09:11:45 »

I love it when Sky cover Paolo after a good win, makes other fans express their love of him on their forums.

Here are a few quotes from the Doncaster Rovers forum, for a good laugh!

10th time I've seen di canio kick Collins up the arse!

I wish someone would kick Di Canio up the arse.

Oh look, Paolo di Canio's Swindon are up next...for the THIRD time! This is a f**king disgrace!

Here's Paolo! Anyone got a gun ?

Thanks for the riveting explanation Paolo!.
WTF was that about. I don'ta talk Italiano, and he don'ta talka da Inglish!!

That's what happens if you have an attention seeking arsehole like Canio as manager. The media dine out on it. They probably had a separate camera just for filming his 'touchline antics' ffs.

They don't half phrase it well on sky, saying what a 'character' Di Cannio is. What an arse more like.

Jealous? hell fucking yes they are!

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: