Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Worst 10 Town players  (Read 14568 times)
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:13:39 »

David Peach came to Swindon as the big i am, ex captain of saints, cost us £150000 and the first match he played for us we lose 6-2 at Millwall, I really used to abuse him from the townend when he took corners, I think in the end he must have hated me , hehehe  Smug Fuck Off

Peach would be my choice too. Our biggest signing ever at the time, supposedly bought with what was left of the Rogers fee so a lot was expected from him. Cocky sod as well as slow and crap.

Released on a free two years later, which says it all.
kerry red

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:16:07 »

I think virtually every 'big money' signing we've made has turned out to be real dog shit

Peach
Drysdale
Beauchump
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:18:40 »

Ben Hutchinson was underated by some on here.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:22:14 »

I think virtually every 'big money' signing we've made has turned out to be real dog shit

Peach
Drysdale
Beauchump

Not all, Fjortoft cost a few quid and he turned out to be quite good (in the end)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:41:11 »

Peach
Drysdale
Beauchump

I think the Beauchamp thing is a bit of a myth.  He gets a bad press because:

(a) he did blow hot & cold;
(b) the Oxford association (and that he did well for them vs us after going back there);
(c) comparisons with Nicky Summerbee, who he effectively replaced; and
(d) the fact that we offloaded him to Oxford for substantially less than we paid for him.

But look through all that, and there was a player who was very comfortable on the ball and one of the best crossers we've had in recent years.  He was very creative, and played some blinders for us.  The image of him running over to embrace John Gorman in the dug out after scoring against Wolves is still one I remember well.

In short, you have to remember the good with the bad.  It's convenient for many reasons, and particularly because he was an Oxford boy first & foremost, to think 'well I never liked him anyway'.  But he would be nowhere near any 'worst 10 players' list of mine.  I happened to be living in Oxford when he signed for us and I can tell you that it did not go down well with the locals.  For that reason alone, I think I quite liked him.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 09:43:27 by Ardiles » Logged
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:01:27 »

He wasn't that bad, just incredibly average.

He worked hard, and I never disliked him. But he looked and played like an accountant who'd been thrown up front by his dad because he'd told him he always wanted to be a footballer.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:18:10 »

David Prutton
Michael Rose
Bertie Brayley

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:18:28 »

Blair Sturrock.

Behave, Blair always put a shift in

« Reply #38 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 10:42:30 »

Eric Sabin(ho)..............but always fun to watch.
animalwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 11:59:37 »

Disagree...Frank saved a pen on his home debut v Ipswich, and we went on to beat them 3-1. He only played 4 games for us, so a major contribution in a good win, shouldn't be undervalued...October 64.
Quite right his first match was very promising. Can I change my mind and nominate Alan Spratley?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:15:57 »

I think the Beauchamp thing is a bit of a myth.  He gets a bad press because:

(a) he did blow hot & cold;
(b) the Oxford association (and that he did well for them vs us after going back there);
(c) comparisons with Nicky Summerbee, who he effectively replaced; and
(d) the fact that we offloaded him to Oxford for substantially less than we paid for him.
(e) he had VD

I come from a land down-under
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:32:02 »

Jason Drysdale #1 without a doubt. Surprised no Gareth Whalley, what a giant waste of space he was.
since 75

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:41:13 »

Neal Ruddock. Fat,useless & bled us for every penny he could.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:54:11 »

In the last decade Ricky Shakes is the one that sticks out in my mind. First touch of a rapist and the one on one he had when clean through vs Walsall was fucking dreadful.
Plus he put videos of himself dancing on youtube. Cunt....
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 12:55:13 »

Sanchez may be a cunt, but he did provide some decent humour with us by warming up at the same end as Man Utd in the home game, getting in their way.

I'd have Pook in the list, he just fucking made me livid that I'd never knuckled down as a kid and took football seriously.  He didn't take to well to me telling him how to take a corner when they were out with a pre match routine about 2 hours before the game (under Wise I think).  Didn't even get the ball off the fucking floor.

Close.

Paul Hunt - wasn't that bad, but thought he was worth a spot in the 92/93 team, really?

I remember this very well Rob!! It was Wise pissing himself as you told pook that did it for me!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: