Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Whats the best exercise for weightloss  (Read 16750 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:55:02 »

Walk a bit faster with the dogs, cycle a bit faster to work, and eat and drink a bit less. Think that will take off weight gradually
« Last Edit: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:07:41 by arriba » Logged
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 08:57:57 »

I hate to say this but Paul Mckennas approach to weight loss is pretty spot on :

- Drink loads of water
- eat when you are hungry
- Eat slolwly, chewing properly with no distractions like tv etc.

Add in a measure of exercise and it should be easy.

Biggest problem for me its the kids treat drawer - handy for when I think I am peckish.

Also when I train at a high intenisty (50 -100 + miles per week) for triathlons etc I eat to fuel myself and I find that when I train at a lower intensity I lose more weight. Go figure.
Sussex

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:02:32 »

What Arriba says.

Eat and drink less shit and move more.
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:03:40 »

I actually quit drinking during the week a couple of months back. It was actually much, much easier than I expected it to be. It was quite refreshing and I felt better for it.

The (only) problem was that without a beer inside me I was having trouble sleeping so had to get back on it for a nightcap, I just can't work if I don't get enough sleep. Going to try it again in the not too distant future only this time with exercise as well to (hopefully) help me get over the sleeping issue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:12:39 »

And dont get hung up on the BMI results, mine say that i am overweight at 220 lbs and 6ft 2 . What it dosent take into account is lean muscle

What about the beer belly  Cheesy

I am just shy of 6ft and weigh around 200lbs, apparently overweight according to the bmi, but it's all muscle  Wink
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:34:33 »

Water is also good to drink. I drink at least 3 litres a day.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:43:29 »

Whatever I do I cannot seem to put on weight (then again I do walk 6 miles a day) - any tips to gain weight?
Other than pies & pints  Smiley

I come from a land down-under
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:48:05 »

What about the beer belly  Cheesy

I am just shy of 6ft and weigh around 200lbs, apparently overweight according to the bmi, but it's all muscle  Wink

No beer belly, a lot of lean muscle and  still classed as overweight, go figure. 

Sad to say, i must be on my way
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 09:51:44 »

No beer belly, a lot of lean muscle and  still classed as overweight, go figure. 

When I exercise I tend to add muscle mass and therefore tend to put weight on.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:02:01 »

I've been running a lot over the past 3 months, averaging about 30 miles p/week and over 40 in some. Cut out most of my snackage and all midweek drinking, with only a few weekend nights out in that time. Still only managed to lose 2kg. Hovering slightly above the overwieght BMI marker. I want to be under by christmas, but it's chuffing hard!

Things get better but they never get good
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:12:25 »

Whatever I do I cannot seem to put on weight (then again I do walk 6 miles a day) - any tips to gain weight?
Other than pies & pints  Smiley

Simply eat more, and lift some weights
what you eat is up to you, some people get away with eating shit, like kfc and junk food, but work hard in the gym, a safer bet, is high (good) fat food, peanut butter is a big favourit amongst people trying to bulk up, its also been know for people to take a couple of spoons on certain cooking oils in a bit to rank up their fat/calorie intake

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:34:28 »

People wanting to bulk up are going against their natural state. Accept you are thin and be happy that others are trying desperately to be like you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:36:00 »

People wanting to bulk up are going against their natural state. Accept you are thin and be happy that others are trying desperately to be like you.
Damn right arriba. In my teens/20s I was lucky if I tipped the scales at 10st wringing wet and (as a teenager) used to worry I was skinny. I'd kill to be back like that now Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:41:53 »

Damn right arriba. In my teens/20s I was lucky if I tipped the scales at 10st wringing wet and (as a teenager) used to worry I was skinny. I'd kill to be back like that now Smiley

You and me both.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, October 18, 2012, 10:49:16 »

also putting on weight is an excuse to eat a shit load of steak :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: