Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton and co...  (Read 39552 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2011, 23:16:45 »

6.5-7m attendances? Blmey, that is positive.

Thanks Nemo, it's changed, it's the tears getting in the way. Embarrassed
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 09:47:51 »

Pay day is tomorrow for me, and presumably a lot of other people. I'm renewing, we will get 3000 season ticket holders, minimum.
lambourn red

« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 11:01:22 »

Pay day is tomorrow for me, and presumably a lot of other people. I'm renewing, we will get 3000 season ticket holders, minimum.

I think you are right even during the dark days of the previous regime we regularly had 3000 season ticket holders, I really can not see us getting more than 5.5k average unless we make a start like we did under Wise/Poyet.  The board must be very worried right now as to how they are going to plug the massive drop in revenue they are going to see.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 11:05:32 »

I think you are right even during the dark days of the previous regime we regularly had 3000 season ticket holders, I really can not see us getting more than 5.5k average unless we make a start like we did under Wise/Poyet.  The board must be very worried right now as to how they are going to plug the massive drop in revenue they are going to see.

Well they'll have to put their hands in theirs pockets and make up the shortfall. It's been their poor decisions that have helped contribute to this mess.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 16:19:37 »

If i was Sir Martyn arbib and the other investors i would have a serious chat with Fitton over the summer and tell him to keep his nose out the managers business. He is too close to transfers imo and needs to take a step back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 16:44:21 »

If i was Sir Martyn arbib and the other investors i would have a serious chat with Fitton over the summer and tell him to keep his nose out the managers business. He is too close to transfers imo and needs to take a step back.

The sums trousered for Cox and Austin, would probably incline the investors to think Fitton must be doing something right. As to whether any of our current crop can aggregate value in Div 4, we'll have to wait and see....
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 16:46:42 »

The sums trousered for Cox and Austin, would probably incline the investors to think Fitton must be doing something right. As to whether any of our current crop can aggregate value in Div 4, we'll have to wait and see....
Agree but then the wages we pay for this lot we have may make them think otherwise
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 16:47:47 »

The sums trousered for Cox and Austin
Except they've not been "trousered" have they? They've in part been ploughed back into the playing budget, in part used to offset some of the operating loss which the board/major shareholders are continuing to fund. The implication they're "trousering" transfer fees while letting the club go to shit is frankly laughable
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 17:01:02 »

To be fair Paul I read "trousered" meant as "received" rather than "diverted from club".
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 17:02:10 »

Except they've not been "trousered" have they? They've in part been ploughed back into the playing budget, in part used to offset some of the operating loss which the board/major shareholders are continuing to fund. The implication they're "trousering" transfer fees while letting the club go to shit is frankly laughable

Not implied at all, in any sense other than the stated policy of wanting to get in players, increase their value and sell them on.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 17:03:27 »

To be fair Paul I read "trousered" meant as "received" rather than "diverted from club".
I didn't, there's clear implications of private profiteering. And whether Reg meant that or not, there's plenty who apparently do believe it, so thought it worth making the counter-argument
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 17:04:37 »

Fair enough.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2011, 18:08:14 »

I didn't, there's clear implications of private profiteering. And whether Reg meant that or not, there's plenty who apparently do believe it, so thought it worth making the counter-argument

I've had several heated disagreements with otherwise sensible folk making the same accusations.

Any profits being made from transfer fees are being used to fund the wages of players and to cover the cost of the shortfall of income v expenditure.

As for Next Season, with regards to the Salary Cap in League 2, is it based on estimated revenue for next season, or is it based on the revenue from the previous financial year?

I'm guessing this could have quite an impact on what players we are likely to have next season.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 14:46:20 »

We will sell 2000 tops- down from 5600 this year. Board 100% to blame- no excuses.

That's 2600 already renewed.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, April 1, 2011, 14:53:02 »

That's 2600 already renewed.

Our fans are brilliant.  No joke.  The way attendances have held up this year...and better than expected sales for next season in the circumstances.  I'm genuinely impressed.

Heroes, every one of them.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: