Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wombles away  (Read 25030 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:03:25 »

oh Christ, sober flashheart, he's going to be all 'fun Bobby' Smiley
-------
useful point, good that LW changed around, but the biggest problem in terms of giving confidence was it was in front of 790 town fans not 7000. in fact we've done fine away in the last 3 outings.

I think the pressure is still on and the knife's are still drawn if he doesn't start to improve us at home.
Flashheart

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:09:22 »

oh Christ, sober flashheart, he's going to be all 'fun Bobby' Smiley

You've genuinely lost me......
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:09:53 »

Sober FH eh. I remember Ricky Gervais said he didn't know his father was a drunk until he ran out of booze once and started talking funny  Wink

I'm not unconvinced the fact that knives are ready to be drawn at home isn't part of the reason we've been so shit there..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Flashheart

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:12:20 »

Ells, have you watched the new Theroux documentary on Scientology yet?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:13:20 »

http://friends.wikia.com/wiki/Fun_Bobby
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:14:59 »

I'm not unconvinced the fact that knives are ready to be drawn at home isn't part of the reason we've been so shit there..
I'm sure nervousness of making a mistake plays a part.

but I reckon the way teams set up away from home is more of a reason
Flashheart

« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:17:24 »

Friends?

That's minus man points for you Batch. I get + man point for not getting the reference,
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:18:19 »

On the subject of our own fans, it's nothing new, I remember seeing two old time regulars, who were good friends it seemed, square off at half time when we were beating Swansea 1-0 at home in the 95/96 season.  We were top of the league.  One of the blokes was angry, audibly, that we weren't beating them by more and his mate completely lost it with him.  The angry guy didn't watch the 2nd half.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:18:39 »

Ells, have you watched the new Theroux documentary on Scientology yet?

Not yet, but I can't wait to see it. Haven't watched the Savile thing yet either but got it downloaded. I think you have to be in the right mood to watch that sort of thing and not go mental.

I'm sure nervousness of making a mistake plays a part.

but I reckon the easy teams set up away from home is more of a reason

Yeah, there are obviously multiple factors. But the entitlement and whinging of the home crowd can't be ignored.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:24:13 »

Quote from: Flashheart
Friends?

That's minus man points for you Batch. I get + man point for not getting the reference,
I know, I know. it's my younger sisters fault, honest.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:30:00 »

equally it has to be recognised discontent is based on demonstrably shite football/league position.

it's always been the case as long as I can remember. maybe things are a bit more instant now. but shit seasons always go hand in hand with eventual fan dissatisfaction. man, this lot would probably have pissed themselves at some of the "not fit to wear the shirt," chants that used to arise.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:32:52 »

I think that's why it's annoying though, because the players are trying. Getting on someone's back when they're trying to do something and they're just as frustrated as you is about as counterproductive as it gets.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:34:45 »

I don't think that's always true. Some people up after being criticised, even as a fuck you/siege mentality thing.

not suggesting that's normal mind. but I think it's sometimes fair game in the last 5/after the game.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 20:51:09 »

Some people respond positively to criticism - but very rarely when it's inane and abusive.

If Luke Williams says "you were fucking shit out there, sort it out" I wouldn't complain. But some cock in the crowd? It won't work.

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 15, 2016, 21:00:11 »

I would have bitten your hand off for a 0-0, told my mate this morning that it will either be 0-0 or 1-0 to them so I take the result gladly.

To follow the theme of dickhead fans... Three or four guys turned up during subs shooting practice, Norris scored which brought an ironic cheer from them, being only a few feet away he heard and was visibly put out by it.

I understand people are frustrated we have paid money for him and he's not produced as yet but that's not the way to do things. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: