Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town to terminate Ranger's contract  (Read 15781 times)
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:14:29 »

L1 is his level, he's a decent L1 footballer but hardly impossible to replace.

That remains to be seen. Remind us of this at the end of january.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:16:25 »

Its not about his football ability though is it.

In my mind it is.....in Ranger case it is very obvious that the guy is a complete twat however I suspect the team contain quite a number of other twats but not in the same league - I agree it is nice when one `likes` the perceived character of a player but I take the line that as long as who ever it  is playing / performing well who am I to judge their characters.... Pint

Bathtime
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:16:27 »

I think he's better than that. Or would be if he committed himself properly.

I think we'll miss him, but not so much if he's only available 1 in 3 due to being a dick.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:20:50 »

He proved his worth against Coventry, when he plays he usually contributes and we will miss him on the pitch. No doubt about it.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:22:56 »

Alleged rapist, regular crasher of his car, turns up for training when he feels like it. Someone regularly in trouble should be trying to show how hard they work and what a model pro they are. Look what that cunt does.
Good riddance!
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:23:12 »

Well no surprise here, a big shame as he suits the style we play and makes a big difference, but let himself down again by his off field behaviour. Hopefully we can use the saving on wages to bring back Ajose or someone else in the no.9 role.

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:25:07 »

Needs to be done but what a fucking waste of talent Doh

I wonder if this is partly due to the mobility of footballers these days?

20- 30 years ago, I suspect loan players were put in digs in the area of the club they were at. Contracted players bought or rented a place in the area where they played.

These days, it is not at all uncommon for me to be overtaken on the M4 by someone en route home to London after a match. Timlin was a regular and I often see Mercs that I recognise from the bit of car park outside the trust office bit of the car park.

Makes it more of a chore to turn up for training in Swindon if you have to drive in 40+ miles.

A fucking chore???

I would expect every man jack on here would grab at that 'chore'.

If the lazy-arsed twat can't be fucked to pop in for a couple of hours training 3 or 4 times a week he can fuck right off
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:27:10 »

In my mind it is.....in Ranger case it is very obvious that the guy is a complete twat however I suspect the team contain quite a number of other twats but not in the same league - I agree it is nice when one `likes` the perceived character of a player but I take the line that as long as who ever it  is playing / performing well who am I to judge their characters.... Pint

I couldn't disagree more. When you have the entire squad pulling in the same direction and busting their balls bar one "exception", what effect do you think it will have long term to see 'the one' walk straight into the team regardless.

Its a green light for the other good players to do the same. Thankfully they thus far have seemed hungry and professional enough not to do so. And how is Cooper meant to pick a team and tactic for a match, and practice that in the week, if the fucker may or may not turn up.

Its not about liking or disliking him or favouritism. I thought he was a dick when he arrived, but was happy enough he had seemed to knuckle down early on.

Its about turning up to do what he is paid to do, and the potential to disrupt the rest of the squad by not doing so. And that isn't judged only on 90 minutes on a Saturday.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:33:30 »

What's Sam Parkin up to these days?
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:33:47 »

I couldn't disagree more. When you have the entire squad pulling in the same direction and busting their balls bar one "exception", what effect do you think it will have long term to see 'the one' walk straight into the team regardless.

Its a green light for the other good players to do the same. Thankfully they thus far have seemed hungry and professional enough not to do so. And how is Cooper meant to pick a team and tactic for a match, and practice that in the week, if the fucker may or may not turn up.

Its not about liking or disliking him or favouritism. I thought he was a dick when he arrived, but was happy enough he had seemed to knuckle down early on.

Its about turning up to do what he is paid to do, and the potential to disrupt the rest of the squad by not doing so. And that isn't judged only on 90 minutes on a Saturday.

We shall see, won`t we in the coming weeks whether or not he will be missed.....I hope you are right but having watched the team with him and without him - we look more likely to win when he has played.....

Bathtime
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:34:52 »

A fucking chore???

I would expect every man jack on here would grab at that 'chore'.

If the lazy-arsed twat can't be fucked to pop in for a couple of hours training 3 or 4 times a week he can fuck right off

Sorry that I didn't use  Wink to signify my feeble attempt at satire/ sarcasm......
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:35:13 »

We shall see, won`t we in the coming weeks whether or not he will be missed.....I hope you are right but having watched the team with him and without him - we look more likely to win when he has played.....
It's not as simple as whether he's a good player and will be missed. I don't think anybody is suggesting that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:36:52 »

We will miss him as a player. I've no doubt. What I am saying is even so, I still think its the right decision to bin.

Its hard to quantify how much we'll miss him though. He may never have turned up ever again Smiley
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:44:52 »

What's Sam Parkin up to these days?

Wasn't he playing for Exeter? And commentating on our JPT matches?
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, December 31, 2013, 11:50:16 »

11 years since SSP's debut. How long ago does that feel?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: