Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Fans demand answers from club's new owners  (Read 15565 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:41:55 »

It was quiet in the meantime iirc, but the difference is as can be seen from the first link during the takeover Fitton and Wray kept open dialogue with press. There wasn't complete silence

That's it  in a nutshell.

But even if there is an NDA giving a blanket ban, I don't think the Trust were out of order with their questions. They may not get answered soon, but the club has said they expect the takeover to complete this week so its not that stupidly timed.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:46:10 »

Realistically, an NDA is not stopping the consortium releasing a short statement saying IF we takeover the club we plan to continue to provide the funds necessary in keeping the squad together to push for the Championship.

It's totally ridiculous to suggest Black would say 'that constitutes a breakdown of trust' and pull out of the deal after all he's been through. I'm pretty sure that's not the sort of thing the NDA is in place to stop them talking about anyway. Why would Black want to stop them talking about something that could calm down the fanbase and take a lot of the heat off him that's been coming his way in the confusion about what lies ahead?
Dozno9

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:46:38 »

Board members old or new aren't going to say anything yet and that has been made quite clear so it's just wait and see for now and the Trust putting this out with questions thought of around a pub table isn't going to get anywhere.

If I was the Trust I would have put a statement out a long time ago about the buckets of cash flying out the window, the transfer embargo and Wray leaving the board. The wheels came off a long time ago.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:53:53 »

There's nowt wrong with voicing concerns.

But demanding immediate answers?
Barry Scott

« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 09:56:31 »

I don't understand why people consider it so inconceivable that there's not some sort of gagging order in the NDA they've signed. Sure, it's not common, but there could be a clause saying the meetings have to be conducted dressed as transvestites, we don't know and just because it's not common, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

It's got to be patently clear to Jed and co that the fans want answers, that's surely not in doubt, he's supposedly known for being open, so surely the problem is there's something preventing him talking?!

I can't imagine for one moment that he's not aware our fans want answers, or he's sitting back, feet on desk, deciding silence is the best course of action. He's even spoken to Banbury fans for fucks sake, if he could talk, I've no doubt he would.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:04:42 »

Agreed.

Black has hinted via twitter that there may be more going on than meets the eye, I read that as issues surrounding monies owed to AF, SMA and JW. Perhaps their roles in this and the new lot coming in has a sensitive side to it meaning silence is the best option?

Even if they did release a little information that would only lead to more questions and so on and so on.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:08:26 »

Whatever happened to SMA? If Black has been the sole financier for a while, I guess he's been gone for quite a bit?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:17:19 »

Whatever happened to SMA? If Black has been the sole financier for a while, I guess he's been gone for quite a bit?

He is on Dairy Lees (day release)

I'll get my coat!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:20:07 »

Board members old or new aren't going to say anything yet and that has been made quite clear so it's just wait and see for now and the Trust putting this out with questions thought of around a pub table isn't going to get anywhere.

If I was the Trust I would have put a statement out a long time ago about the buckets of cash flying out the window, the transfer embargo and Wray leaving the board. The wheels came off a long time ago.

Have you thought of volunteering  for the Trust, i'm sure they would welcome the help
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:28:52 »

“We urge Mr McCrory to allay these concerns immediately.”

There's nowt wrong with voicing concerns.

But demanding immediate answers?

Have to say, I assumed they meant immediately after takeover complete/FL approval. If they meant immediately as in today then I think they'll be disappointed.
Flashheart

« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 10:30:25 »

Have to say, I assumed they meant immediately after takeover complete/FL approval. If they meant immediately as in today then I think they'll be disappointed.

If they do mean once it is complete then that would be furry muff. I didn't read it that way however, I took immediately to mean right now.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 11:18:04 »

Can't possibly hurt to keep these concerns in the public domain.

As someone else has pointed out above, I am certain the Trust would welcome another volunteer with fresh ideas.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 11:43:59 »

Immediately means now Batch. I don't see how that can be interpreted any other way.

The takeover was agreed less than a week ago. In my opinion, since the last takeover happened, we've had 5 more years of blanket media coverage (in general, not just STFC), 5 more years of instant updates, 5 more years of Twitter (I don't know if I'd even heard of Twitter 5 years ago) and consequently, people have just been getting more impatient and demand to know things NOW! NOW! NOW! Sometimes that just cannot happen.

Don't get me wrong, I want this sorted out and want to know what's going on as much as the next man. If we are still in this position in a week's time I will be chomping at the bit to know what is happening.

In the mean time - this is a general question to anyone - what would be your idea of a perfect (but realistic) statement from the old/prospective owners?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 12:01:08 »

i'd settle for a hello...
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 4, 2013, 12:03:51 »

With a name like Jed he's definitely a red neck. So we'll be more likely to get a 'howdy'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: