Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Frustrated Di Canio lets fly in 20-minute rant  (Read 15998 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 10:40:08 »

I know the dark days probably more intimately than most.

But to label people cunts because they question the way the manager conducts himself is quite frankly ridiculous.

Don't get me wrong, I loved what happened last season but I am finding his open criticism of people that are quite clearly doing their best with what is available to them has got more than a little tiresome for me

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 12:17:47 »

Nothing would please me more than allowing Di Canio to run the place from top to bottom how he wants to do it. I cannot see how he could run it without huge expenditure though. It's obvious with the removal of the previous chairman that the board wanted somebody stronger to deal with the manager.It looks to me like the board have had enough of the way things were with players coming in etc and wont simply bank roll signing after signing anymore. there have been a fair few failures in that regard and not cheap ones.
The amount of money forked out regardless of the youth set up has been more generous than previous managers had at their disposal. Changing the youth system would take money and also time.

I like Di Canio but i'm tired of his rants and threats. Don't kid yourselves that STFC is on the map as it aint. The Manager is all they are interested in. He's bigger than the club and that is a potentially dangerous situation.
If he can manage the team and change the youth set up under a budget set by the board then great. I doubt he can though and if he's fucking off after 2 seasons as he has predicted then what is the point in revolutionising the whole set up? The problem with youth isnt that they are doing anything wrong currently. It is a problem across the board as virtually all clubs like ours operate similarly. Clubs don't have the dosh to throw at it and wont risk it as it's money that could buy players for their respective first teams.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 12:32:33 by arriba » Logged
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 13:25:12 »

As expected all the relevant views have already been expressed on this thread and I have just come to accept that PdC is  basically out there on his own and as such is a gift to the media which they are never going to turn down.

Last season was a one off unlikely to be seen again, and a very large percentage of people were quite happy to see and hear Paolo in full flight. This season is not quite the same and views change, yes there have been some reported "quotes" that perhaps were better kept behind closed doors but if he works that way then so be it.

As another who has experienced the real scrapings of the barrel where the Town have been I would much rather put up with the current scenario and Pdc/Staff/Players/Board giving a real try to get us into the Championship.

I notice that in today's Adver Sam Morshead takes a little swipe at "anonymous posters etc." but can see where he is coming from as it is his job to report on what is said - far easier with PdC than certain other managers we have had I would guess.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 14:23:39 »

I happen to think there is a fairly significant number who grievously undervalue PDC - going beyond a mere expression of taste for openness or distaste for ranting.

There are some good points made by the dissenters that now carry more weight due to the apparent loss of shared vision between the STFC investors (as represented by the Board) and PDC.  Advantage to the "I told you so" insustainibilli of our negativistas who have taken the cup upsets, the Johnstones and a rare Championship and now find all that "ranting" too much, bless 'em.

PDC was an outspoken maverick when employed by us, as well as a qualified and charismatic coach.  For me he is entitled on the back of his achievements to fight his corner to maintain the vision formerly shared with the Board for STFC.  If PDC judges a behind closed doors chat won't help that shared vision of the Championship, I don't see why he should pretend to be the yes man he never was when his job spec changes. 

A manager is generally remembered for his on field success and that involves attracting investment into the club and its playing resources.  Compare and contrast Redknapp and Mourinho to Wenger and Aidy Boothroyd who managed Watford when they went straight back down.  Perhaps we could poach him from Northampton, mmmm nice.

I still think Paolo and civil war has a better chance of fluking the Championship than some journeyman "yes man" or inadequate rookie.  I admit I would not re-structure the Youth set up based on PDC's vision when the ambition seems to be to recoup or at least dilute our existing investor overexposure.

In PDC some of us still hope.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 15:25:44 »

In PDC some of us still hope.

Genuine question

Has hope replaced trust ?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 15:55:48 »

PDC is flawed - even if I happen to think he's a flawed genius

The backing he received from the board was critical last year.

Don't know the ins and outs but the Clarke incident backing at a time when the league position was poor sent a strong message to the boardroom.  Tehoue may have been a fat whinger but again I'd guess PDC benefited from Board backing again.  This all sent a message to the players that PDC was boss - if they start getting mixed messages I think that will make his task harder.

Hence the hope rather than the trust as PDC needs his Board.  He is that strange mix of strongman leader in need of a bit of love.

I fear both Board and PDC may be performing some kind of exit ritual dance - I'd just love it (really love it) if PDC did it again and forced more Board backing!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 16:30:16 »

PDC is flawed - even if I happen to think he's a flawed genius

The backing he received from the board was critical last year.

Don't know the ins and outs but the Clarke incident backing at a time when the league position was poor sent a strong message to the boardroom.  Tehoue may have been a fat whinger but again I'd guess PDC benefited from Board backing again.  This all sent a message to the players that PDC was boss - if they start getting mixed messages I think that will make his task harder.

Hence the hope rather than the trust as PDC needs his Board.  He is that strange mix of strongman leader in need of a bit of love.

I fear both Board and PDC may be performing some kind of exit ritual dance - I'd just love it (really love it) if PDC did it again and forced more Board backing!

Agreed

But board backing should not be forced, and I really hope to god that sustainability comes before pandering to tantrums
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 17:07:53 »

Agreed

But board backing should not be forced, and I really hope to god that sustainability comes before pandering to tantrums

Agreed!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 17:54:51 »

Agreed too in fact  The "forcing" being done by achieving success on the pitch and promotion. 

Results and a second Promotion is PDC's job and sustainability (but not fossilization) the Board's.

If the plan has changed to make on pitch success less likely, don't employ a a driven but maverick manager like PDC if you want some faceless corporate spokesman as your manager. 

"Don't employ" might mean sack/engineer an exit sadly.  Let's just enjoy it all while it lasts and hope for yet more success.  I doubt that we would be as high as League One at all this year without either our backers or PDC.

Good win today with goals from a top Italian signing
Flashheart

« Reply #84 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 18:00:08 »

He did say after today's match that there is not hostility with the board.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 18:12:06 »

That would be good.  He sounded a bit more coherent than usual, even if that is a low bar
Coca Fola

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 20:08:33 »

Genuine question

Has hope replaced trust ?
No I trust him 100%, best manager we've ever had. Yes, ever.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 22:41:54 »

What a stupid fucking statement.

It's All Good..............
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 22:51:32 »

Oh my days

You might have a point if we ignore all the history of the club before the early 90's, if not then its quite an amusing statement
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, December 15, 2012, 23:00:07 »

Anyone who includes "in PDC we trust " in any of their posts on this forum (or anywhere else) is a  massive massive cunt

/
W56196272
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: