Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 58254 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:28:38 »

How do you sum up a feeling of relief and disappointment? Pleased we didn't lose, but disappointed with how we played.

Thought there were too many players who seemed anonymous for long periods of the game. I've seen a number of mentions of Doughty playing well, but I didn't think he showed the type of energy and impact I would have expected. Looked a bit more tentative than I'd seen before. Maybe not match fit or a little rusty perhaps?

Murray worked hard but lacked quality. I'm also disappointed if it was indeed cramp that he went off for. I would hope he would be able to put in an energetic 90 minute display.

Goddard drifted out of the game for long periods. Kasim popped up every now and again to show that he was on the park. Norris tried hard, but his lack of quality is frightening - I want him to come good, but worry that he is the next Jamie Slabber! The Fonz was bigged up by everyone on the TV, for some strange reason!

Best way to describe it for me would be that if there was competition for places there would be none of the 11 that would have booked their place in the stating line up for the next game.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:29:37 »

Relieved we got a draw which was the least we deserved. Great atmosphere in the away end.

I was near some twat who jeered Norris every time he got the ball which really annoyed me. It's obvious he is lacking confidence but he put in a real shift tonight - as did the Fonz. Fuck knows why they spend so much time out wide though.

I've never understood booing or jeering our own, especially when we are in the current predicament.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:43:55 »

Fuck knows why they spend so much time out wide though.

Because they get zero service through the middle. The few times we did, Doughty won a penalty, Kasim created a good chance and Delfouneso should've had a couple too.

The narrow pitch and 5 across the middle really didn't work. Kasim was anonymous in the first 20 minutes. I thought we looked a lot better once Thompson went off but still lacked a lot of creativity.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:56:40 »

Played alright, dominated most of the game after we switched to 4-4-2 without creating much but we still should've won the game. Eastleigh are dog shit, classic non league kick and rush and it's really disappointing we couldn't beat them.

Atmosphere was good though. The 'banter' from the 14 year old Eastleigh fans was amusing. Did particularly them singing about us going down and then us joining in, poor lambs didnt know what to do with themselves.

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 09:21:59 »

I thought we knocked the ball around nicely. We have some decent,technically gifted players but that isnt enough. The neat and tidy knocking it about was in areas of the pitch that created little from it.
The flaws are still obvious. Fowards are clearly lacking confidence and the defence is frail. I also think players decision making when on the attack with the ball at their feet is often wrong.
The goal conceeded was shocking. Defender not looking at the scorer or the ball. Team needs some muscle and experience. 3 or 4 in key positions would bring out the talent in the young pro's im sure

« Last Edit: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 09:24:17 by Arriba » Logged
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 09:43:52 »

Ditto what everyone else said about the atmosphere. Barring the power out twats it was a good effort. Got into an argument with one of them after the game had finished and they were singing it as the players and staff came over to applaud the fans. Bugger had no idea what the alternative was but just wanted Power out for some unexplained reason other than 'What's he doing to our club?'. Idiots. I would rather have power than no-one or some fucking cowboy who puts us into a winding up order or administration again so we then have no club at all.

But I digress. Game was alright. We kept the ball away from Eastleigh well in both halves, but our defensive issues were obvious again. They went forward with pace and in greater numbers than we did as well as having some 'ahem' solid players who could win the ball or get the tackle in.

The whole side is lacking in confidence and it shows. BOO actually had one of the better games I've seen from him, but his confidence levels meant he wasn't willing to run at players or keep some pace on attacks. Norris is just not in any kind of form whatsoever at the moment. I'd rather have Goddard or Stewart start. Delfonseo is doing all the right things at the moment and his work rate is excellent, but his final decision making is not there. That's probably confidence as well.

I don't mind the way we play, keeping the ball and stroking it about, but when we rob all the pace from an attack I do get a little frustrated, especially when we have a good opening.

Special mention to the cowboys who built the stand, who puts a fucking pillar right in the middle?

Replay will be interesting and good for both teams I would imagine.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 09:48:33 »

So Thompson has been with us since he's 8 but he's not one of our own and people who have the banner are sad bastards. Go and fucking do one you dripping g from a diarrhetic arse. He may have been born up north but he's been town longer than most. I think he's pretty limited but he does care unlike most of the shit who wear the read. As for the sad bastards who had the banner, they were there. They got behind the team . They're trying to make the experience better rather than some cunt just fucking sniping. Go fuck yourself
Ha ha. Nice one. Made me laugh 😀😀

Sent from my SM-G935F
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:02:58 »

Well, I enjoyed that - maybe because it was a rare away day for me and the stand was rocking. Don't know what the fella with the Power Out A3 sized 'banner' was trying  to achieve, but each to their own I suppose.

Fucking impossible for me to get a perspective on the game from behind the goal - so used to watching from the sides. Honestly couldn't see a thing once the ball got over the halfway line.

Played alright and there will be a few league teams wishing they were still in it at 5 oclock after being dumped by a non league side.

Hope it's £15 for the replay!

That must be the darkest walk-up to a ground ever - passed the graveyard, too. Put the willies up my missus!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:13:38 »

passed the graveyard, too. Put the willies up my missus!

You did that in a graveyard? Bloody hell. Takes all sorts  Grin

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #234 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:21:43 »

Typical twisted wisdom of one of those that cant see further than the end of their nose when it comes to the lesser talented one of the Thompson brothers.

If you want a hero to worship, crack on with all the others who have low standards.

It takes more than wearing the captains armband, kissing the badge and clapping the fans after a few matches to get hero status, and being with us since he was 8 really doesn't make him one of our own, though why let facts get in the way of a mouthy rant eh Chalkie?

Now, run along son.
You're confusing two issues. One is whether NT is one of our own, which I think most people would say he is. The second is whether hes any good or not. This is opinion. As I said, I think he's limited. He's been at fault on some incredibly fucking dumb goals to concede eg Rovers. But whether he's any good or not has no bearing whatsoever on whether he's one of or own.
You don't rate him, I get it. You're not alone but don't combine two different arguments.
Now I'm jogging along, dad.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 10:40:26 »

For some reason I expected Eastleigh to be better than they were.

We learnt nothing new. We're rubbish in both boxes which unfortunately is where games are won and lost.

Need at least a striker and a centre half in January or we'll continue to struggle.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 11:05:00 »

Jamie Cureton used to clean Lee Power's boots who'd have thought it  Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 11:19:24 »

Jamie Cureton used to clean Lee Power's boots who'd have thought it  Smiley

He also said he never game him a christmas top for doing it
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 11:31:45 »

Very odd location for a ground, completely in the middle of nowhere and the walk from station through a pitch black, muddy field was interesting.

Thought we looked much better when we switched formations. Again, plenty of possession but we seem to really lack the confidence to attack a team. Eastleigh were poor, if we'd have shown a bit more ambition could have easily won.

Feel sorry for delfounso, he makes so many good runs and works hard but gets virtually no service. Kasim might as well not have been there and it makes such a difference to have doughty back.

Nice to see a good atmosphere in the away end too, pretty good away day and nice to at least be in the hat for once.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 11:53:44 »

Some off the commentary from I think Keown hit the nail, He mentioned showboating, and passing sideways is pretty but doesn't get anywhere, it was pretty much an L2 standard game, 1 passing side, 1 pressing side, wouldn't be surprised if we were back there next season in the league.
Although he sounded ill-informed at times, I thought it was telling that Keown seemed to think that us playing three at the back was a completely new thing that Williams had put in place this week - his conclusion based on how we were playing was that our 352 system was something alien and intimated Williams was copying a fashion that higher grade managers had introduced. He assumed that going to 442 was a return to something normal for our players. While wrong in his reasoning, he was absolutely right in that going 442 was the right thing to do. Shame it took Nathan's injury for it to happen. I wonder if Williams would have changed things if he hadn't been injured?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: