Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 58214 times)
johnritsons toupe

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 00:48:34 »

So Thompson has been with us since he's 8 but he's not one of our own and people who have the banner are sad bastards. Go and fucking do one you dripping g from a diarrhetic arse. He may have been born up north but he's been town longer than most. I think he's pretty limited but he does care unlike most of the shit who wear the read. As for the sad bastards who had the banner, they were there. They got behind the team . They're trying to make the experience better rather than some cunt just fucking sniping. Go fuck yourself

Typical twisted wisdom of one of those that cant see further than the end of their nose when it comes to the lesser talented one of the Thompson brothers.

If you want a hero to worship, crack on with all the others who have low standards.

It takes more than wearing the captains armband, kissing the badge and clapping the fans after a few matches to get hero status, and being with us since he was 8 really doesn't make him one of our own, though why let facts get in the way of a mouthy rant eh Chalkie?

Now, run along son.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 00:58:48 »

Typical twisted wisdom of one of those that cant see further than the end of their nose when it comes to the lesser talented one of the Thompson brothers.

If you want a hero to worship, crack on with all the others who have low standards.

It takes more than wearing the captains armband, kissing the badge and clapping the fans after a few matches to get hero status, and being with us since he was 8 really doesn't make him one of our own, though why let facts get in the way of a mouthy rant eh Chalkie?

Now, run along son.

Stomp off or banned for being a twat, either or, to paraphrase run along, you have nothing to offer here.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:02:59 »

Im getting bored with the desperate love-in for Thompson. Unlucky with the pulled pork muscle but he is an average player who is injury prone beyond belief. And to the sad bastards who made the "one of our own" banner that was shown on telly tonight, he's not "one of our own" Hes from oop North. It's embarrassing listening to so many saddo's sing that dittey every week. Do the research. How stupid are you?
I have played with and against Nathan, and I can tell you now he loves Swindon Town. He will be the first to tell you he isn't the best footballer we have ever had but I would damn sure prefer 11 Nathan Thompson's on the pitch at the moment.
I've bit now cause I don't think fans appreciate how much he cares for this club, I have seen this fella in tears after big defeats so to say he isn't one of our own is a joke.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:05:13 »

Now, run along son.

I didn't start watching Swindon till I was 10? Does that mean I'm not a fan? Fuck off.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:09:24 »

The gallon of Arkells can not stifle my frustration tonight.

What will it take?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:10:57 »

Wiki which might not even be right has Nathan down as being born in Chester but Louis being born in Bristol.

So at most, Nathan was northern for 4 years!
Plus, just because he was born in Chester - doesn't make his heritage Northern.

If he was born to, two Swindon born people but in Chester - his lineage makes him Swindon regardless.

However, I have no idea where his parents are from, how long he lived in Chester or where they moved to after or if Wikipedia is a reliable source.

According to Wikipedia Dean Ashton was born in Swindon, he's one of our own!!!

I have also wondered by Louis Thompson has had various Wales call ups and Nathan hasn't. You'd have think they'd at least have taken a look?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:16:21 »

I'd just love to know what it takes to class someone as one of your own?
Have you got to be conceived in the Town End toilets after a fondle in the CGH and be born in the winners lounge?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:18:24 »

Does it matter? A lot of Swindon people are born and bred Man U/Liverpool fans, but that might be for different reasons.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:24:22 »

Have you got to be conceived in the Town End toilets after a fondle in the CGH and be born in the winners lounge?

Even more impressive would be the other way around....

Just got in, very relieved to have got a draw.  Why is someone slagging off Thompson, just a shit wind-up I assume
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 01:43:56 »

We avoided the bullet, so something to celebrate over the weekend Pint

The old cliche holds.....cup game takes your mind off the league.

Well done to BOO, has to be one of the better goal line clearances. Well done to the fans who turned up.
Flashheart

« Reply #220 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 07:36:38 »

Fuck me, the bell-end quota is high here lately.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 07:44:23 »

Oh ffs, You promised me you wouldn't mention that in public Dad.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:22:09 »

My Irish bad luck charm is broken!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:22:14 »

Not read through the thread yet.

The commentary summed us up after 20 or so minutes playing the ball backwards or sideways. When Thompson went off injured we changed our shape and seemed to look more confident and threatening going forward.

It's a shame about Norris' non goal, that could've been just what he needed.

After their goal there heads didn't drop.

Good penalty from Dougherty (sp)

My main concern is that we just can't seem to score from open play.

It was a much performance and we didn't disgrace ourselves on telly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, November 5, 2016, 08:25:39 »

and being with us since he was 8 really doesn't make him one of our own,

You utter fucktard, you do realise that means he's not played exclsively for any other professional team don't you. How much more one of our own do you want? Or do they have to be born within the sound of the railway hooter to count now?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: