Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eastleigh v Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 58266 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:55:19 »

What do you mean why? Can't you see the slow death unfolding before your very eyes?
and us missing the pen would achieve what exactly?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:55:21 »

Oh, no. More money in the till for mr. siphon.

I wondered who would be first to say that.  Congratulations, you're chief dickhead for now.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:55:55 »

I'm not expecting us to actually play in the second round mind, we've got home disadvantage now
You may want to quantify that you may or may not want the town to lose. Otherwise you to could be called something unsavoury or worse a Power supporter, God forbid. Other religions are available. I happen to agree with you WRT the result, we are not out of the woods yet. See the clearing, yes, thanks to BOO and their goalie who played well.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:56:57 »

I wondered who would be first to say that.  Congratulations, you're chief dickhead for now.
Thank you so much, you're a legend.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:57:34 »

Quote from: adje
What do you mean why? Can't you see the slow death unfolding before your very eyes?
can only think they think it would be another nail in Williams coffin.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:58:07 »

Nothing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:58:25 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
I'm not expecting us to actually play in the second round mind, we've got home disadvantage now
You may want to quantify that you may or may not want the town to lose. Otherwise you to could be called something unsavoury or worse a Power supporter, God forbid. Other religions are available. I happen to agree with you WRT the result, we are not out of the woods yet. See the clearing, yes, thanks to BOO and their goalie who played well.
stop being a dick, it's clear what I meant.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:58:38 »

can only think they think it would be another nail in Williams coffin.
And or power.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 21:59:02 »

stop being a dick, it's clear what I meant.
I can't sorry.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:00:08 »

Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:06:35 »

I actually enjoyed the game. Did not deserve to win and on balance were lucky to still be in the draw for the second round. Will be be in it? I hope so but I'll not put any cash on it. We, well, you could all be discussing to death the players, Williams and Power, the future of the club and all the other noise generated on here by the same old contributors saying the same old stuff with gusto. If we reach the third round I'll be delighted but equally surprised as I'm expecting to be concentrating on league before then. That is our bread and butter, clearly things are not right and only Power going is going to change anything anytime soon. Long run in the cup at the expense of league one survival? Or quick exit and survival?
« Last Edit: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:13:49 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:09:05 »

Shows the demise of the club in that I'm genuinely happy that we haven't lost at conference Eastleigh..

Only way we were going to score was from a penalty or a stroke of good fortune. Actually thought Norris had a decent game up until final 3rd, but my word he couldn't hit a cows ass with a banjo.

Still a big problem at the back, needs organising much better and can only see a new manager being the one to instil that given that we haven't defended well the 3 seasons that Williams has been at the club.
Flashheart

« Reply #192 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:09:17 »

If we were doing well/OK in the league, tonight would be put down to "It's the cup".

But we're not doing well/OK in the league, so it doesn't quite work.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:18:30 »

So my take on a TV view of the game.

Started off by keeping the ball, doing nothing with it but it was a relief as I expected Eastleigh to come at us like a troop of spider monkeys on acid. But slowly they got into it an created about 3 chances, should have scored one of them to be honest.

The injury to NT was in the context of the game a blessing, because the change of formation seemed to confuse them. Not such a blessing in the context of the season.

Their goal showed Norris what a header should be. Sloppy defending again though. As said above it was a good job we got a penalty because we look absolutely hopeless in creating and taking chances up front. I really genuinely hope one or both of them do a Fjortoft, but ...

Thought after that we'd see the game out, but they came on strong again at the end and thank god BOO has a moment of clarity or we'd be out.

The performance was barely adequate, but at least we got the draw.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Friday, November 4, 2016, 22:20:19 »

Did Nathan Thompson have to be subbed, because he had cramp ? :gay:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: