Pages: 1 ... 874 875 876 [877]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1301378 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13140 on: Today at 12:38:36 »

I'm actually thinking of two other clarkes. There are three of them ffs. He's gotta be related to the other two. There aren't many of Clems fan club left on the facebook groups, its down to handful so to have three of them with the same last name.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13141 on: Today at 12:42:52 »

Only one who used to wind me up more was the one that responded to every bit of Clem criticism with a laughing react. He got banned from the non Matthew Walker group though as he got on the admins tits too much.

You wonder if some of them even support Swindon. There was one that was more of a Lee Power fan that disappeared after he left.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #13142 on: Today at 12:47:10 »

Only 23 were permanent managers though (in the 23 that does count Gunning who even though is technically a temporary manager he can be classed as manager for managing 18 games).

Colin Todd
Andy King
Roy Evans
Andy King
Iffy Onoura
Dennis Wise
Paul Sturrock
Maurice Malpas
Danny Wilson
Paolo Di Canio
Kevin MacDonald
Mark Cooper
Martin Ling
Luke William
David Flitcroft
Phil Brown
Richie Wellens
John Sheridan
Ben Garner
Scott Lindsey
Jody Morris
Michael Flynn
Gav Gunning

17 were temporary with some doing more than 1 spell as temp manager.

Breaking down the figures further the temporary managers have been - with games in charge figures.

David Tuttle 0
Ady Williams 2
Dave Byrne 18 (2 terms)
Paul Bodin 2
Fab Picarretti 1
Tommy Miller 2
Lee Power 4
Matt Taylor 1
Noel Hunt 2
Tommy Wright 2
Gav Gunning 1st time 3 (2 terms)

Then in the permanent manager list there have been a few that for whatever reason didnt stay long and all left of their own volition and not the club deciding, and, all with less games that Gunning has been in charge.

Martin Ling 9
Dennis Wise 17
Kevin Macdonald 14
John McGreal 0

That TBH seems a pretty standard turnaround of managers at this level I would think.

Yeah the Chelsea figure does include caretakers etc as well.  

Thing that stood out for me when I looked was the manager who didn't actually manage a game for us and the fact that it seems to have been ages since anyone has stayed for much more than a year.  Just a repeated pattern of hope followed by despair.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #13143 on: Today at 12:49:23 »

Three managers who have managed more than 100 games for us this century - King, Wilson & Cooper.

It is a bit of a "way of the world" thing as a bunch of those managers who haven't reached that threshold jumped ship for other jobs - Wellens, Lindsey, Garner, Flitcroft, PDC (sort of), Sturrock & Wise all weren't sacked.

There's a very thin band of "good enough to keep the job, but not good enough to get a better one" managers
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #13144 on: Today at 12:51:01 »

I think Cooper is our only manager to complete back to back seasons since King...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #13145 on: Today at 13:13:40 »

Only one who used to wind me up more was the one that responded to every bit of Clem criticism with a laughing react. He got banned from the non Matthew Walker group though as he got on the admins tits too much.

You wonder if some of them even support Swindon. There was one that was more of a Lee Power fan that disappeared after he left.

He’s still at it
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #13146 on: Today at 13:34:36 »

I don't frequent the Matthew Walker group so doing myself a favour there. If the one running the group is that much of a simpleton, what hope does the group have?
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 876 [877]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: