Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Glastonbury 2010 Tickets  (Read 8181 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 07:51:15 »

Nothing will beat last year for me... Lineup is a tad poor considering it's meant to be a big anniversary, but there is enough music and to keep me entertained, and so much going on over the whole site that I'm sure it'll still be a great week!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 09:16:24 »

Nothing will beat last year for me... Lineup is a tad poor considering it's meant to be a big anniversary, but there is enough music and to keep me entertained, and so much going on over the whole site that I'm sure it'll still be a great week!
I'll agree with that. Still, the more I go, the less time I spend watching the main acts.
I can't help thinking that they must have SOMETHING special lined up for the 40th. Maybe a surprise that will only emerge at the festival. S

From the Dark Side
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 09:23:22 »

On an asside I met Michael Eavis last week, we did a gig for his nephew, hes a miserable old ugly fucker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 11:14:56 »

i don't think i'll go to glastonbury again but the line-up looks a lot better than the last couple of years. as others say, virtually nothing on the main stages but some great acts spread over the three days on the smaller stages. also good to see some dance music back (though there's still no drum and bass - they used to have a couple of top DJs in the mix, andy c, high contrast, etc.) in the shape of toddla t and co - they seemed to have completely removed it from the schedules until now.
Dazzza

« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 12:18:56 »

Happy enough with that.   

Again, I seem to spend less time watching the headliners and more time taking in the smaller stages. 

Ray Davies at the acoustic tent last year was a little bit special; even though we were parked right outside the tent it was a cracking.  Set to a background of fireworks in the distance on a mild night.  At the end of the set there was a ripple of Lola across the crowds as people toddled off.

Again last year we randomly saw Phil Jupitus singing with the Blockheads.  That was mental and it was fantastic to see the fat fuck genuinely thrilled to be belting out some of their classics.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 12:48:48 »

V is betterer!  Girl Giggle
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 16:01:18 »

V is betterer!  Girl Giggle

Hmmm.  Not sure I believe that and I work the bloody thing.

My last glastonbury was a bit of a mess.  A bottle of Jamesons, me falling over in mud telling half the people trying to pick me up to fuck off, the other half that they were me bessie mate, a rather pissed off wife due to me apparently kneeling up in the tent and pissing out of the door in the night.

Needless to say I haven't touched Jamesons since.

Never knowingly overstated.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 17:16:01 »

whiskey is bad, its all about the frangelico these days, a proper mans drink
adje

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 17:23:45 »

Not impressed with that line up at all, the 2 most overrated bands in the whole world headlining.New Model Army the highlight!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Doore

« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 21:07:19 »

As I don't tend to go to festivals any more I usually look at the Glastonbury line up and feel a pang of envy for those going.  This year I feel sorry for them, that is a terrible line up.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 16, 2010, 21:28:24 »

If Billy Shears says it's terrible then it must be the best line-up they've ever had! I wish I was going! (smiley face, smiley face (c) Ardiles 2010)
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 14:23:01 »

U2 pulled out... brilliant! Now to replace them with someone a) good, and b) not annoying. I'd take the Stones or Zeppelin thanks.

Knowing the way it's going, i expect they'll just resort to Kylie or Coldplay...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 14:25:44 »

RESORT to Kylie?Huh? How rude! Kylie is a godess
LucienSanchez

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 14:27:18 »

She's awful. Truly awful.

nochee

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 25, 2010, 14:27:53 »

U2 pulled out... brilliant! Now to replace them with someone a) good, and b) not annoying. I'd take the Stones or Zeppelin thanks.

Knowing the way it's going, i expect they'll just resort to Kylie or Coldplay...

Great news isnt it Smiley

As long as the dont replace them with suicidal fucks Radiohead or anyone similar causing people to slit their wrists i dont care who takes their place.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: