Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266813 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11430 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:28:02 »

My understanding, they can't force an owner to sell  (look at Reading), but they can make their lives considerably harder with personal fines and such. Not sure if repercussions could extend to the club in the way of points or fines.

History shows they almost always punish the club and fans and are a wet fart when it comes to the actual perpetrators.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11431 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:30:52 »

Trust should be galvanising the fan base as we speak…

and desperately trying to source Dennis Bergkamps phone number.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #11432 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:52:54 »

Half of me wishes the u18's weren't doing so well.

It's something else Clem can try and take credit for. Just like he did with the stadium.

A couple of those kids could also go for a couple of hundred grand to a prem academy taking a punt. More money for Clem.

This Boo guy on twitter defending Clem on every post by the way. What needs to happen for these people to wake up? genuinely.

I'm not even convinced a points deduction would be enough. They'd somehow link that to the previous regime.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11433 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 11:55:03 »

Genuinely feel like the club is dying before our eyes and no one is doing anything about it.

That is an interesting POV.

What I would say or more pertinently ask is what happens if it does?

I’m not privy to the T&C’s of the JV agreement or the Sale caveats from SBC.

Supposing this terminal decline becomes ‘terminal’. At what point do the stakeholders whoever they are bail out? How does bailing out look?

Forget money going out of the club and any denials, it bloody well is. To someone or people for something. There has to be a point when their cover gets blown when there is not enough money coming into the club to A) take out or B) keeping the corpse beating.

A League 2 club has to have more value than a NL club whether in admin or not.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11434 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 12:33:49 »

Infinitely out of his depth. Guy is a total clown.

Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11435 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 12:36:33 »

Genuinely feel like the club is dying before our eyes and no one is doing anything about it.

The physical state of the place, as demonstrated in those Twitter photos, suggests you are right. The pitch yesterday was as bad as I’ve ever seen it. Not necessarily bad per se, especially compared to some of the other pitches we’ve seen across the league, but a symbol of where the club is. It used to be something we could be very proud of. No longer looks like it’s being looked after by somebody who gives a monkeys.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11436 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:02:08 »

Sadly the only way actions speak louder than words is when fans don’t attend the home games which would make a statement plus hurt Clem financially. With the lack of noise being voiced towards the owner inside the ground nearly non existent it tells us all we need to know and that is the majority will continue to put up with the way the club is being run until it’s too late.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11437 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:05:41 »

You know, I didn't think about the EFL governance rules when I read that, just the financial implications.

Did Clem ever confirm the preemption situation regarding Kiely?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #11438 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:11:59 »

It’s difficult to get away from the theory that so long as there is a corporate entity for money to pass through, that the ownership group’s objective is achieved. I don’t think it matters at all to them which division we’re in - Conference or League 2.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11439 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:17:58 »

Sadly the only way actions speak louder than words is when fans don’t attend the home games which would make a statement plus hurt Clem financially. With the lack of noise being voiced towards the owner inside the ground nearly non existent it tells us all we need to know and that is the majority will continue to put up with the way the club is being run until it’s too late.

I won’t be going anymore. Yesterday was my last game until we have change in the boardroom.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11440 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:19:35 »

I won’t be going anymore. Yesterday was my last game until we have change in the boardroom.

Problem is there’s 7000 that will🤣

So, give no fucks
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11441 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:31:35 »

Think 7,000 is a tad optimistic. Don’t know any season ticket holders sat around me that are actually renewing. Really can’t wait until the season is over and I can have my Saturdays back. The love is gone and find myself no longer looking forward to the next game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11442 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:32:49 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11443 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:37:48 »

Think 7,000 is a tad optimistic. Don’t know any season ticket holders sat around me that are actually renewing. Really can’t wait until the season is over and I can have my Saturdays back. The love is gone and find myself no longer looking forward to the next game.

I reckon at the moment we do have around 7000 die hards which could dip rapidly next season if things don’t improve.

So, give no fucks
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #11444 on: Sunday, March 3, 2024, 13:37:56 »

Precisely how I feel. I always said to myself I’d support through thick and thin, but when you feel like you are part of the problem putting money into the club like I now do it’s time to stop. If my not contributing serves in even a minuscule way to starve this regime out, then I don’t have a choice.
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 762 [763] 764 765 766 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: