Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266515 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9060 on: Friday, December 8, 2023, 22:30:28 »

Aren't we taking cup competitions seriously this season? I thought that was the plan...

Double or nothing in 24/25...
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #9061 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 09:29:54 »

Ongoing fixture congestion cited as the reason.

Must be the three cup comps and league games in hand being prioritised.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 09:32:12 by The Million Pound Man » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9062 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 09:56:49 »

soapy tit wank what a shite excuse
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9063 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 10:04:50 »

on one hand it's only the WPS.

on the other it's a shame for Genesini
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9064 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 10:11:06 »

I realise it's a symptom of a wider malaise etc. etc. and so on, but there are people on FB and Twitter who appear to be genuinely exercised about the Wiltshire Premier Shield.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9065 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 10:16:10 »

I realise it's a symptom of a wider malaise etc. etc. and so on, but there are people on FB and Twitter who appear to be genuinely exercised about the Wiltshire Premier Shield.

I think because, like so many things, the comms have been utter guff.

Never first with the news and the excuse is risible.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9066 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 10:40:58 »

Well I won £3.20 on the euro millions last night. Willing to chuck it in to the kitty if anyone else struck big.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #9067 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 17:02:17 »

Just seen this quote from Jenkins who is buying Newport, and couldn't agree more but it is something we are lacking

I spent nearly 20 years doing what I did in football and every football club needs leadership and direction," Jenkins said.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #9068 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 17:28:30 »

Clem can fuck off as far as I am concerned

Week after week coming up against superior squads in the bottom division is terrible

Fund the squad or fuck off - simple as
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9069 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 17:31:20 »

Fuck off Clem and take all of the money taking chancers with you.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9070 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 17:53:44 »

Having sat back and watched the last few weeks of this ever changing soap opera, I’m looking forward to Clem facing the cameras and the guests pre match in the various lounges.

There has already been ‘fisty cuffs’ in the Corporate lounges requiring Steward intervention between season ticket holders. So Clem can expect a warm welcome if he puts his head in there on Boxing Day.

People have asked me if I’m prepared to invest family time, reputation and money in the club.

Clearly, under the existing shambles we currently see there is little to no chance of this happening. I don’t want to be associated in any way with the shadowy characters we regularly see on match days in our Boardroom.

Quite honestly, I have other sporting interests to occupy my time. I don’t need my legal or financial teams looking over my every move in case someone or something comes crawling from under the floor boards.

Each match takes approximately 90 minutes of my time each way from my home in Bath. I cannot enjoy a few drinks because of the risks involved.

I am sick and tired of reading the lies, alleged covers ups, and shady deals that have become the norm at the club.

On the other hand, I could enjoy my time with friends at The Rec, comfortable in the knowledge that I am supporting a superbly run professional sports club with excellent local training facilities, superb back office teams running everything from media interaction with the fans to player management in all of its various forms.

I can actually walk to Bath Rugby from home, so no travelling, I can support a respectable operation knowing that they are going places.

Also vitally important, is the respect the club has for its supporters. It doesn’t take the piss out of them on a weekly basis.

So for the foreseeable future I will be keeping my powder dry and watching how things progress over the coming weeks, confident that nothing good or positive will happen over January.

Let’s face it ladies and gentlemen, what would you do? Professional operation or Swindon Town.

adje

Ignore
« Reply #9071 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 18:08:02 »

Having sat back and watched the last few weeks of this ever changing soap opera, I’m looking forward to Clem facing the cameras and the guests pre match in the various lounges.

There has already been ‘fisty cuffs’ in the Corporate lounges requiring Steward intervention between season ticket holders. So Clem can expect a warm welcome if he puts his head in there on Boxing Day.

People have asked me if I’m prepared to invest family time, reputation and money in the club.

Clearly, under the existing shambles we currently see there is little to no chance of this happening. I don’t want to be associated in any way with the shadowy characters we regularly see on match days in our Boardroom.

Quite honestly, I have other sporting interests to occupy my time. I don’t need my legal or financial teams looking over my every move in case someone or something comes crawling from under the floor boards.

Each match takes approximately 90 minutes of my time each way from my home in Bath. I cannot enjoy a few drinks because of the risks involved.

I am sick and tired of reading the lies, alleged covers ups, and shady deals that have become the norm at the club.

On the other hand, I could enjoy my time with friends at The Rec, comfortable in the knowledge that I am supporting a superbly run professional sports club with excellent local training facilities, superb back office teams running everything from media interaction with the fans to player management in all of its various forms.

I can actually walk to Bath Rugby from home, so no travelling, I can support a respectable operation knowing that they are going places.

Also vitally important, is the respect the club has for its supporters. It doesn’t take the piss out of them on a weekly basis.

So for the foreseeable future I will be keeping my powder dry and watching how things progress over the coming weeks, confident that nothing good or positive will happen over January.

Let’s face it ladies and gentlemen, what would you do? Professional operation or Swindon Town.

All very well if you like rugby!🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9072 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 18:11:56 »

Nothing will change until this happens though.
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #9073 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 18:19:23 »

Good post bathford. I make a similar journey and until recently I would have said stick with The Town but not anymore. I am sick of all the shenanigans and  the corruption of what used to be enjoyable win or lose. Going to the County Ground takes up time and money as I have to fork out for carers to look after my wife and I don't know that I can justify the expense anymore. The midweek insult hasn't helped.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9074 on: Saturday, December 9, 2023, 18:37:53 »

The midweek insult hasn't helped.

I think this is going to be the turning point for many that are wavering.

Unless the club do something positive in the transfer window, which lets be honest seems very unlikely
Pages: 1 ... 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: