Pages: 1 ... 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266887 times)
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #7905 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 22:43:37 »

Not that I'd advocate it, but it would be better to stage a mass walkout
We had one of those on Saturday.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7906 on: Thursday, November 9, 2023, 23:58:33 »

Pinched from another forum

Jesus wept.

Fucking Grimsby and all.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7907 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 00:02:27 »

Just saw a comment that swindon fans are expecting too much with instant success, need to steady the ship and slowly rebuild. Made me think that there may be a point to it, I wonder how it would have gone down though if Clem had said that’s the aim over the next few years. Would it have reduced season ticket sales? Probably. But in 3/4 years time we may have found ourselves to be in a better position than we are now…

How and why?

Why should he not expect to have a higher wage budget than Sutton, Grimsby and Harrogate given the obvious revenue differences?
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7908 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 00:05:34 »

if you trust Clem and trust everything is above board and every penny is going to the benefit of the club - absolutely.

I no longer believe this. I don't have any evidence. I'm not itk.

This.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7909 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 07:08:44 »

Didnt think of that to be honest, good point.

Harrogate i am miffed by.

It was a joke really but there may be some truth in that, however, look at their gates. Other income won’t be much different surely? There must be money coming in from other sources AKA Dale Vince @ FGR via Ecotricity.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7910 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 07:13:27 »

It was a joke really but there may be some truth in that, however, look at their gates. Other income won’t be much different surely? There must be money coming in from other sources AKA Dale Vince @ FGR via Ecotricity.

I mean if they are paying London weighted wages are they also receiving London weighted sponsorships?
I assume they don’t charge London weighted (season) ticket prices?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7911 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 07:39:29 »

I can't believe people are convincing themselves that Sutton have a bigger wage bill than us because they are paying London weighted wages!

The point is that with our revenue vs their revenue we should be outspending them, end of story.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7912 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 07:44:10 »

Never trusted this “Group” from day one.
Absolute shambles and lies.
Knew from day one about the budgets and certain details not for open forum discussion.

The reason why I laughed at the “competitive budget” statement absolute bull shit.
We are low end League Two and have been since his tenure.
Not a pot to piss in and panic has set in commercially now.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7913 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 07:45:41 »

Never trusted this “Group” from day one.
Absolute shambles and lies.
Knew from day one about the budgets and certain details not for open forum discussion.

The reason why I laughed at the “competitive budget” statement absolute bull shit.
We are low end League Two and have been since his tenure.
Not a pot to piss in and panic has set in commercially now.

How do you see it playing out?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #7914 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 08:55:41 »

How do you see it playing out?

Very concerning and can only hope common sense prevails and this lot leave with a small comfort of respect. A takeover happens and we can move on once more in our history.
Two major concerns the selling price and who actually owns what and what will they want out of any potential sale.
Getting to the point now where I can see Clem wanting out but who else will have a say?

Only hope that we don’t get points deductions.
Immediate concerns are whether bills are being paid, hearing all sorts but the rumour mill is bursting.

It’s going to be a bumpy ride though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7915 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:05:15 »

Pinched from another forum

If we humour this and say that it is true, (at this stage it's difficult to tell the difference between fact and fiction) then surely it's very concerning that Clem is putting in 250k in November to aid cash flow. The biggest outgoing is the player wages I assume? So if our income is circa 6-7m (can't remember the exact figure) then deducting the players wage outgoing of 2m leaves 4-5m. Clearly there are other costs to deduct, but would these accumulated costs be more than 4-5m per year?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #7916 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:09:54 »

And that is the problem. Nobody knows where the money goes. Perhaps Zavier Austin might know. He’s good with money isn’t he?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #7917 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:10:21 »

If we humour this and say that it is true, (at this stage it's difficult to tell the difference between fact and fiction) then surely it's very concerning that Clem is putting in 250k in November to aid cash flow. The biggest outgoing is the player wages I assume? So if our income is circa 6-7m (can't remember the exact figure) then deducting the players wage outgoing of 2m leaves 4-5m. Clearly there are other costs to deduct, but would these accumulated costs be more than 4-5m per year?

Bingo... somebody is doing alright out of us.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #7918 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:12:44 »

Heard a rumour that the Council told the club that the roof in the Arkells stand needed emergency work this summer, £250k. Anybody else heard that and whether that affected the ability to afford players?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7919 on: Friday, November 10, 2023, 09:16:38 »

Heard a rumour that the Council told the club that the roof in the Arkells stand needed emergency work this summer, £250k. Anybody else heard that and whether that affected the ability to afford players?

Only what was said in the statement
The club pay rental to the JV which is then paid back to the club and reinvested to fix the stadium which is being carried out progressively which we have reported on in the Advisory board meeting minutes and the current spend this close season was +£200K.

Not clear if rent savings paid for most of that, or if 200K was above it.

If we've sacrificed players by necessity to do the repairs - why are we needing 250K in November?
Pages: 1 ... 525 526 527 [528] 529 530 531 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: