Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266675 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #6030 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 10:23:33 »

I think it has been mentioned before, Kiely has his way in now. No idea what happened to the other lady who was originally named.
I believe the amount of shares in the Parladorio name was always below the significant person threshold.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6031 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 11:58:11 »

which iirc is 10%
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6032 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:20:56 »

Why is Chris listed if the shares are not in his name ? is this normal to put shares in his wife's name but he is the interested party ?

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6033 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:26:32 »

I presume Chris Kiely's business is purely about using data to scout players and not involved in the Agent side?  Given such individuals cannot be involved in running football clubs - I am 90% sure that is how I understand his involvement, but you never know, we did try and put a convicted Money Launderer and Drug Trafficker on the Board.

Maybe a gradual move to just declaring what many suspect to be the case - that Clem has and needs help, or that others sit behind him.  Still, another example of not being fully open and transparent because the PR suggested it was a short term loan that was all but repaid.

I don't imagine this is anything more than crossing the t's and dotting the i's related to the share issue.  Would have been nice if they'd just included the fact we'd see it coming when discussing it recently, and gives the Trust another thing to discuss.  But, presume it's no impact to BAU.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6034 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:35:15 »

Not one but two Kiely's eh. We should be so lucky.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6035 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:04:06 »

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2023/september/the-county-ground-to-host-concert-in-2024/

Ooh, a concert, we've not had that one for a while. I wonder what Callum Rice does these days?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6036 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:11:21 »

That has to be one of the most poorly designed surveys I’ve ever seen

Speak to a promoter, get an act that will sell out a 15k venue, and people will go to it.

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6037 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:14:07 »

The club should be nowhere near this other than touting themselves as a venue to promoters.

Taking risk in this area is actual madness.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #6038 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:18:45 »

Didn't the last concerts utterly ruin the pitch for a while?

Sent from my XQ-AD51
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6039 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:21:32 »

The club should be nowhere near this other than touting themselves as a venue to promoters.

Taking risk in this area is actual madness.

Why? Seems like a good idea to me
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6040 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:23:19 »

Why? Seems like a good idea to me

Concerts at the CG? Maybe.

Concerts at the CG run by Swindon Town FC? Hell no.

"What music does everyone like?!" This is not how a credible organisation acts.

As I say, speak to Live Nation, AEG etc and offer the stadium as a venue. DO NOT own the risk.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6041 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:25:53 »

I doubt you’d have got many people responding Elton John to that survey 20 years ago, but he sold it out.

If they want to put on a sell-out concert of 10-15k, nothing usable will come from that survey. Well intended, but amateurish

Things get better but they never get good
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #6042 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:39:51 »

Someone else has to do it.  They take the ticket money you sort out the bars and concessions.  You probably at this stage don't charge the promoters anything more than costs.  Thats the way it would have to work.

Its a massively expanding business.  Whilst I was event managing the Kings of Leon at Wrexham, the same company were starting the Arctic monkeys tour, had Muse in Plymouth, Coldplay on their stadium tour.  Live Nation who I also work for had Burna Boy, Wizkid, RHCP out.  Elton John was doing every stadium going.  Springsteen was out doing stadiums. 

Frankly they are late to be trying to plan for '24 and if they are  intending to do it themselves they are idiots.  You can lose a fuck load as a promoter.  Even good promoters.  Orchard, a company who were doing all the Cardiff Castle shows have just gone down.  And they were people who worked within the business.

Frankly the way STFC business is run I fully expect to see them bring in a complete chancer who claims to know what they're doing and watch him fail and disappear loading debt onto the club.

Never knowingly overstated.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6043 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:42:10 »

Didn't we have a faintly shit series of concerts with a bunch of 90s pop acts on the same day at some point 8 or so years ago, more recently than Bryan Adams/Elton John?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6044 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:42:16 »

Hosting a concert wouldn't be too onerous as long as it didn't interfere with getting the pitch ready for the following season.
Timing would be key, other than that not a problem.

Probably in a niche minority when it came to naming the 4 live acts.

Vote Saxondale.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:46:55 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: