Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Salford pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 23622 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 17:57:56 »

Didn't see it,just listened to the Comms. A question for anyone who watched. Should McKirdy have been subbed?

About 10 minutes before he was…
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:08:58 »

Oh well. The reflective me says there are much bigger fish to fry in the world than the result of professional football having the privilege to continue taking place.

The Town fan in me knew it would be tight. Got that key first goal but Town just weren't quite with it today. Bizarre goal of theirs for the winner really so possible it should have ended a draw. Would've taken that. Not to be. Still tight as a Nun's Chuff after all top three lost too.

Happy to be a woke human, living in a relatively democratic country (despite our issues here) and hope that all of those in the Ukraine currently can come out of this safely and with limited destruction. And I mean all of them - including men who wear dresses and women with lots of metal in their faces and people who freely choose to have ink on their skin - all that matters is all humans are given the right to live freely in their country of choice; without fear of murder, persecution and or the stripping of their human rights.

Sometimes football has to take a back seat from the forefront of our constant thoughts - for me currently this is one of those times.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:15:36 »

you still wobbling on any woke. matchday thread, create a new one
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:25:43 »

Salford, ffs, they were garbage. Typical town performance against cunting plodders. No side going for promotion should lose to a team with Jordan Turnbull in it. Absolute goobers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:26:30 »

Expect Bradford to be the same next week

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:30:58 »

Salford, ffs, they were garbage. Typical town performance against cunting plodders. No side going for promotion should lose to a team with Jordan Turnbull in it. Absolute goobers

Yep, pretty much sums up my thoughts. Woeful today.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:32:02 »

Expect Bradford to be the same next week

Yep, and sheridump's Oldham the week after.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:37:59 »

With Exeter sandwiched in between!

So, give no fucks
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 18:59:17 »

Oh well. The reflective me says there are much bigger fish to fry in the world than the result of professional football having the privilege to continue taking place.

The Town fan in me knew it would be tight. Got that key first goal but Town just weren't quite with it today. Bizarre goal of theirs for the winner really so possible it should have ended a draw. Would've taken that. Not to be. Still tight as a Nun's Chuff after all top three lost too.

Happy to be a woke human, living in a relatively democratic country (despite our issues here) and hope that all of those in the Ukraine currently can come out of this safely and with limited destruction. And I mean all of them - including men who wear dresses and women with lots of metal in their faces and people who freely choose to have ink on their skin - all that matters is all humans are given the right to live freely in their country of choice; without fear of murder, persecution and or the stripping of their human rights.

Sometimes football has to take a back seat from the forefront of our constant thoughts - for me currently this is one of those times.

For some reason, I came away from today feeling very similar. Usually something like this would ruin my weekend, but with everything going on in Ukraine I found today much easier to take. It sort of puts it all into perspective.

In regards to the football, perhaps today we got brought back down to earth a little. The 3 game win streak coming against 3 quite useless sides. Can only beat what's in front of us and all that but Salford were a lot more organised and there was a sense of inevitability before they scored that corner. We're a great side when things are going well but quickly lose our heads when sucker punched.

Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:12:51 »

Missed having midfield options (e.g. Payne, Lyden) on the bench today. Aguair and Iandolo not really at it unfortunately.

Deserved a draw. Write it off and move on
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:21:15 »

Two moments where our defence switched off.
Average at best and no real stand out performers. Could have ground out a 1-0 scrappy win but didn’t.
The league is open, no real quality or consistent sides.
Move on to next week. The Ukraine situation continues to take over my inner thoughts.
Salford were shite but we lacked that cutting edge that we found Tuesday.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:23:25 »

But sadly 4th in league one so I suspect that offers some consolation

Have you never looked at their forum they constantly take the piss out of us so why not revel in a little fun when possible😀

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:32:35 »

Disappointing result. Weren't at the races following 3 great wins and performances. Guess a top side wins/grinds that out 1-0, we're not auto promotion quality but may sneak a playoff spot. Over 10,000 today superb backing again
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:45:15 »

How is the roast pork loin?

Cheesy

Someone that knows.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, February 26, 2022, 19:53:37 »

Nah. Not having that. I thought they were more than decent.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: