Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor and the Medics......  (Read 927 times)
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:45:21 »

....are quite a well known band (apparently) but i'd never heard of them until yesterday when our chairman for my football club showed me the new away kit we have which is now sponsored by them (nice D&TM pic on front).

When i asked who they were (spirit in the sky) he laughed. Reason why he laughed is cos the owner of the pub whom i play for is the drummer in Doctor and the Medics.

bit of useless info but quite good all the same

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:53:06 »

Quote from: "magicroundabout"
....are quite a well known band (apparently) but i'd never heard of them

:shock: Bloody youngsters with ya hip and ya hop and ya R&B and ya 130 bpm dance rubbish
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 11:54:01 »

hey i'm not that young but thanks all the same Cool
i knew the song he was on about just not heard of the band

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 12:04:28 »

Spirit in the Sky...was done by Norman Greenbaum, I once saw an interview with him, where he said in his gigs he used to do other stuff, but the audience just wanted to hear SitS....so he changed his set to be just an extended version of the song.  :|
spacey

« Reply #4 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 12:19:48 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Spirit in the Sky...was done by Norman Greenbaum, I once saw an interview with him, where he said in his gigs he used to do other stuff, but the audience just wanted to hear SitS....so he changed his set to be just an extended version of the song.  :|

I believe Ralph Mactell had the same problem with his ditty 'Streets of London'....although why anyone would want to hear a short version of that let alone an extended one is beyond me.

Dr and the medics were junk, the fact that they're are still going is a disgrace Those birds in the band where rough then, they must be difficult to focus on these days .Does the bloke you know still wear bright flares? He probably smells of fields.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 15:11:58 »

Quote from: "spacey"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

I believe Ralph Mactell had the same problem with his ditty 'Streets of London'....although why anyone would want to hear a short version of that let alone an extended one is beyond me.

Dr and the medics were junk, the fact that they're are still going is a disgrace Those birds in the band where rough then, they must be difficult to focus on these days .Does the bloke you know still wear bright flares? He probably smells of fields.

Good point about McTell....a lot of years ago, you'd get folky birds who loved stuff like Streets of London....now I'll tell any old lie to get in a bird's knickers, but drew the line at pretending to like that shit.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 17:26:08 »

Even I have heard of Doctor and the Medics, although this isn't a good thing.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, August 25, 2006, 19:47:59 »

I've heard of them too. Had their one and only hit in about 1986 I think; No 1 for a few weeks. Can't believe it was 20 yrs ago.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: