Pages: 1 ... 3052 3053 3054 [3055] 3056 3057 3058 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9111525 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45810 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:41:30 »

If he comes he comes as first choice, very highly rated at Boro and was QoS player of the season.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1460207035325296643

http://qosfc.com/match-2418

Josh Debayo misread the bounce of a ball, allowing Ross MacIver in, but the former-Motherwell man was absolutely no match for Brynn, who made another sensational save from close range to keep Queens ahead.

Scott Tiffoney got in behind the Queens backline, one-on-one with Brynn, but the Middlesbrough loanee was rapid to react, made himself big, and denied what looked like a certain goal for the Jags.

Sol Brynn was also sensational, denying two clear cut opportunities for Thistle as the Doonhamers safely made it through to the quarter-finals of the SPFL Trust Trophy.
https://ourmfc.com/sol-brynn-on-fire-for-queen-of-the-south

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #45811 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:44:35 »

Could be the next JoJo or Benda.

Suppose they wouldn’t loan us a keeper to sit on the bench so poor old Ward looks destined to return to No. 2. Probably deserves a prolonged shot as our No. 1.
That's what I felt when I read it - Pity for Ward. Think he is a decent keeper, but not gifted with the ball at his feet.

Talking of Middlesborough, Fryer was highly rated and came from them.

Remember this......

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #45812 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:48:47 »

Assumed under the model we’d be looking to get him in - see if he matches up to his data.
Buy him, develop and sell.

Under contract to 2023 with another year option. Depends how he’s rate at ‘boro. If he’s one they think can be their future #1 then it’s a pointless exercise for us.

Are you saying getting Benda in on loan was pointless?

Every team at our level uses the loan market, it's not what we would want in an ideal world but is a necessity for most clubs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #45813 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:50:07 »

'Doonhammers'....that's a proper nickname, love it!

Hopefully, looks like he will be more Benda than Kovar if the signing comes off.

Just out of interest though (to NMH's point above), have we ever signed anyone on loan who wasn't 'highly rated' by their parent Club?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #45814 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:51:28 »

Probably worth remembering that when Benda came in, McCormick started the season as #1 and Benda only came into the team from mid-October.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45815 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 07:59:22 »

Quote from: Nemo
Probably worth remembering that when Benda came in, McCormick started the season as #1 and Benda only came into the team from mid-October.

it is a good point. gave him time to bed in
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #45816 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:01:32 »

Are you saying getting Benda in on loan was pointless?

Every team at our level uses the loan market, it's not what we would want in an ideal world but is a necessity for most clubs.

In the sense that we gained absolutely nothing from it long term, then yes.
In the sense that once he returned to his parent club we struggled to replaced him, then yes.

Also, different club then, different ethos then.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45817 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:15:41 »

'Doonhammers'....that's a proper nickname, love it!

Hopefully, looks like he will be more Benda than Kovar if the signing comes off.

Just out of interest though (to NMH's point above), have we ever signed anyone on loan who wasn't 'highly rated' by their parent Club?

haha, almost nobody isn't 'highly rated'. Can you imagine if we signed a player that was 'considered a liability at his parent club'?

This lad sounds promising. Good to get that position sorted early as evidently Jojo is leaving. I presume we want another season working with Ward on his kicking, which was getting better but you could see he wasn't hugely comfortable with the ball at his feet. That is assuming Lindsey wants to play the same style as Garner did. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #45818 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:17:38 »

Charlton reckon Garner is going to sign Callum Johnson from Pompey - a right back. No need for Eggy?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #45819 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:19:40 »

In the sense that we gained absolutely nothing from it long term, then yes.
In the sense that once he returned to his parent club we struggled to replaced him, then yes.

Also, different club then, different ethos then.

We won the league!  
Had he not been in goal we may not have done.

The fact that the following season was a total fuck up does not make his signing pointless.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #45820 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:42:31 »

That's what I felt when I read it - Pity for Ward. Think he is a decent keeper, but not gifted with the ball at his feet.

Talking of Middlesborough, Fryer was highly rated and came from them.

Remember this......

Jeez, how few were there that night? League game too. It looks and sounds absolutely deserted. How far we've come in a short period of time.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #45821 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 08:44:34 »

Jeez, how few were there that night? League game too. It looks and sounds absolutely deserted. How far we've come in a short period of time.

You wally. Have you forgotten the behind closed doors season because of Covid?

Or are you attempting to whoosh people?

Either way you haven't fooled me!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #45822 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:02:50 »

Shit - hope this is wrong from a Charlton fan;

'Rumours that Callum Johnson of Pompey and Louis Reed of Swindon are signing and could be announced today'

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #45823 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:12:58 »

You wally. Have you forgotten the behind closed doors season because of Covid?

Or are you attempting to whoosh people?

Either way you haven't fooled me!

Ha, no, I'd completely forgotten it was during that period. God only knows what would have happened if the Town End had been packed.  Embarrassed

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #45824 on: Monday, June 20, 2022, 09:13:38 »

Reed is contracted for another year, I thought.
Pages: 1 ... 3052 3053 3054 [3055] 3056 3057 3058 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: