Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228081 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6585 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:02:24 »

Boris now not ruling out Lockdown 3.

Still keeping the 5 day relaxation though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6586 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:17:11 »

He can't, can he.  The rates are going up as per last time.

Cancel Christmas now and it'll get a mass middle finger and be long term damaging to any remaining public confidence.

---
Bemused at them telling secondary schools to sort out lateral flow test regimes the day they all break up for Christmas. Fuckwits.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6587 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:37:16 »

Just lock it down now to get this shit over with - bored of it now

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6588 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:38:26 »

This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6589 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 14:55:04 »

Quote from: Berniman

that will just delay it, until the vaccine is in full flight anyway.

unless you mean Christmas specifically
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6590 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 15:14:16 »

My mate bought a pub this year (I know, I know!!) and got an email from sky stating his pub subscription has been suspended until January 27th so maybe Sky know more than we do!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #6591 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 15:33:39 »

that will just delay it, until the vaccine is in full flight anyway.

unless you mean Christmas specifically

I mean the next 6 weeks including Xmas.  Relaxing this while infection rates are sky rocketing is Bonkers IMO.  Just so people can have a party, get pissed and hug their grandparents..  I would rather that than this carrying on for 6 months more than it needs to..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6592 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 16:32:44 »

I mean the next 6 weeks including Xmas.  Relaxing this while infection rates are sky rocketing is Bonkers IMO.  Just so people can have a party, get pissed and hug their grandparents..  I would rather that than this carrying on for 6 months more than it needs to..

^ This

Was talking to the missus last night unless it comes down to religion (which it doesn't for the majority) why not just sack Christmas off and have said family piss up at Easter. Yes there is possibly a mental health issue but that's not a black and white issue, if your nan catches Covid after you have hugged her that's going to pretty fuck up your health as well.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6593 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 16:36:55 »

But that wouldn’t work would it, people would completely ignore the rules over Christmas and still see family and having already broken the rules be less likely to follow them in the new year. I was going to go to my parents on Christmas Day regardless of what was ‘allowed’ and many will be the same.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #6594 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 17:15:16 »

But that wouldn’t work would it, people would completely ignore the rules over Christmas and still see family and having already broken the rules be less likely to follow them in the new year. I was going to go to my parents on Christmas Day regardless of what was ‘allowed’ and many will be the same.

Of course they would, but if we were in official lockdown, do you think there would be less people congregating or more?  If the answer is less then it can only improve the situation surely.  Ultimately there is nothing you can do about morons anyway, you just have to read through this thread during lockdown and you will see plenty of people picking holes in the rules rather than use what everyone possesses, that being common sense.

Personally, my Christmas is not going to be any different whether we are in lockdown or not, because I don't plan to be a moron.

BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #6595 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 17:20:58 »

Feel really sorry for those managing skools. To get guidance for January, that will take a great deal of time to sort out, on the last day of what will have been a tough term, defies belief.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6596 on: Friday, December 18, 2020, 18:18:04 »

Of course they would, but if we were in official lockdown, do you think there would be less people congregating or more?  If the answer is less then it can only improve the situation surely.  Ultimately there is nothing you can do about morons anyway, you just have to read through this thread during lockdown and you will see plenty of people picking holes in the rules rather than use what everyone possesses, that being common sense.

Personally, my Christmas is not going to be any different whether we are in lockdown or not, because I don't plan to be a moron.
What's your definition of being a moron though, are you saying people are morons for going to see their families? Everyone has their own circumstances, my aunt is 96 and would rather die of COVID than spend the festive period on her own. This isn't a one size fits all scenario and putting people in a position where they are risking being classed as criminals for visiting family on Christmas days would be beyond ludicrous!
Flashheart

« Reply #6597 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:31:51 »

my aunt is 96 and would rather die of COVID than spend the festive period on her own.

Which is understandable, and I can very much understand people wanting to see elderly relatives.

BUT...

It's not just about your Aunt, or other elderly people who choose to see family, or the people that do go and see them. It is also, perhaps more pertinently, about the greater risk to the overall population in general. I am not going to judge anybody for wanting to see their relatives, but let's not pretend that they are not increasing the risk to other people. It really misses the point.

Anywho, more good news... Jeremy Cunt reckons we'll run out of jabs in January - we've not ordered enough.
Flashheart

« Reply #6598 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 11:47:51 »

And a lot of people would get together even if they don't have elderly relatives.

Those people have no excuses and could individually be the cause of god knows how many avoidable deaths. Those people really are morons.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #6599 on: Saturday, December 19, 2020, 13:10:45 »

Which is understandable, and I can very much understand people wanting to see elderly relatives.

BUT...

It's not just about your Aunt, or other elderly people who choose to see family, or the people that do go and see them. It is also, perhaps more pertinently, about the greater risk to the overall population in general. I am not going to judge anybody for wanting to see their relatives, but let's not pretend that they are not increasing the risk to other people. It really misses the point.

Anywho, more good news... Jeremy Cunt reckons we'll run out of jabs in January - we've not ordered enough.
Yes but at the same time people shouldn’t be forced to waste the final years of there life living largely in isolation. It’s a balancing act that is difficult to get right. At some point next year even if the vaccine isn’t the magic solution difficult decisions will need to be made as people will deserve the right to be able to live their lives. 10 months is a lot of time to waste for some and at some point next year a large proportion of people will stop tolerating the restrictions. The Christmas relaxation is as much to keep people bought into following the rules for a bit longer as it is compassionate. Regardless of risk to people, the NHS etc we can’t go on like this much longer...
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 439 [440] 441 442 443 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: