Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228849 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4395 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 09:47:00 »

A lot of government bashing for individuals travelling across the country during lockdown but little criticism of the mass gatherings taking place. Double standards?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4396 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 09:55:15 »

A lot of government bashing for individuals travelling across the country during lockdown but little criticism of the mass gatherings taking place. Double standards?

Interesting observation but I think we have established that you don't 'get it'.  Yes, from your perspective it's a terrible example of double standards and everyone should be thoroughly ashamed.

Nothing to see here
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #4397 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 11:21:42 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52943015
Matt Hancock suggesting protests will risk spreading the virus (whereas opening schools and shops increasingly is supposedly fine). I certainly feel confident following the advice of this, son in law of a baron, man of the people!
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4398 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 11:51:25 »

Scumbags

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52954899
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #4399 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 12:13:07 »

If you’re referring to Cummings, Jenrick, Kinnock etc, they all occurred when the country was in strict lockdown. Whether, rightly or wrongly, the restrictions have been lifted and people are making their own decisions and using their common sense.
I don’t think you can equate the two.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #4400 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 12:17:08 »

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-52943015
Matt Hancock suggesting protests will risk spreading the virus (whereas opening schools and shops increasingly is supposedly fine). I certainly feel confident following the advice of this, son in law of a baron, man of the people!

Im afraid I cannot believe anything this government says.  Any authority they may have had has gone in the tissue of lies they have produced for years now, but currently to see them continually lie to our faces on a daily basis.  Continually thinking they can tell us what to do but not what following their own rules.  No trust that they are doing the best for us whatsoever.

Never knowingly overstated.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4401 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 12:41:00 »

It looks like this was discussed in more detail last evening.  Good analogy by Rusty re football policing, and yes I have been treated differently at away games.  I do get it, even though some posters seem to think I can't get it just because my mind doesn't work in black or white, left or right, which ever way you want to look at it.

Just to be clear on where my head is:
Is this a worthy cause to protest against - absolutely yes
Is this the right time to be protesting - absolutely yes
Is mass gatherings the right way to be protesting at this specific time - IMO no (Unless social distancing can be carried out and upheld - which it obviously can't)
Is violence against the police and anyone else in our (UK) scenario in which the protests are taking place, required or acceptable - IMO unless provoked no.

Protesters will say they were provoked and the Police were to quick to come in aggressively, i have seen both sides, Police coming in strong and protesters pushing the boundaries getting in their faces and goading them.

Bottom line is, if this is being advertised as a peaceful protest, then there shouldn't be any need for it - all it does is damage the message and severely dilute the cause that they are rightfully trying to progress..

That will be it for me because this thread has been curtailed too much into the political thread - just wanted to make my opinions clear and show that i do "get it", i'm not a naive 15 year old (although at the moment i wish i was)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #4402 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 12:49:40 »

I feel sorry for the poor NHS workers that will have to more than likely deal with the consequences in a few weeks time.

Hopefully because it's a one off, when people get it they then listen to government advice and isolate!
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #4403 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 13:18:21 »

Just to be clear on where my head is:
Is this a worthy cause to protest against - absolutely yes
Is this the right time to be protesting - absolutely yes
Is mass gatherings the right way to be protesting at this specific time - IMO no (Unless social distancing can be carried out and upheld - which it obviously can't)
Is violence against the police and anyone else in our (UK) scenario in which the protests are taking place, required or acceptable - IMO unless provoked no.

Thanks Berni. Pretty much how I feel too. It’s a complex issue which causes conflicting feelings for most of us.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4404 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:00:29 »

Meanwhile in Brizzle...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52954305

Good to see the social distancing in London too  Roll Eyes
Lockdown 2 on it's way.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #4405 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:03:15 »

Meanwhile in Brizzle...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52954305

Good to see the social distancing in London too  Roll Eyes
Lockdown 2 on it's way.
They are currently proposing to do the same to the Churchill statue in London that’s now being guarded by some football fans. If that gets toppled I think it will properly kick off.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4406 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:08:38 »

Far left? Why Churchill?
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4407 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:09:42 »

They are currently proposing to do the same to the Churchill statue in London that’s now being guarded by some football fans. If that gets toppled I think it will properly kick off.

That would not be a good move.

Nothing to see here
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4408 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:13:04 »

I think it's the rent a mob anti establishment lot, the sort who would write on the cenotaph, hijacked this protest.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #4409 on: Sunday, June 7, 2020, 15:20:03 »

What happened to George Floyd was totally unacceptable.

However blatantly breaking the law regards social distancing and the vandalism and violence displayed this weekend is completely unacceptable as well.

The very same people will blame the government if the R goes up/ second wave. They are being extremely selfish attacking horses and the police.

Funny that the exact same group were the ones screaming for Cummings to stand down.

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: