Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rate 'em and slate 'em  (Read 1620 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 19:04:22 »

Tom Heaton, Jack Smith, Jerel Ifil, Patrick Collins, Andy Gurney, Nicky Nicolau(Christian Roberts 71), Gareth Whalley( Ricky Shakes 45), Stefani Miglioranzi, Michael Pook, Rory Fallon, Jamie Cureton(Tony Thorpe 45)

Heaton 7 We'd have been 3-0 down in the first 15 minutes if it wasn't for him, superb shot-stopping and growing in confidence.
Smith 5 I honestly can't think of him doing anything other than being out of position constantly.
Ifil 6 Did well against a quality - albeit old - Goat and didn't make his obligatory mistake.
Collins 5 Below average, we need Seano back.
Gurney 6 Still lacking match fitness but relatively solid.
Nicolau 5 Made no impact whatsoever, looks terribly awkward with the ball at his feet.
Whalley 5 Almost non-existant.
Miglioranzi 6 Worked hard and used the ball well on the rare occasions he had it, still too lightweight but nothing will change that.
Pook 5 His worst performance in a Town shirt so far, unsurprisingly considering the fact he was deployed on the right.
Fallon 6 Won headers but the flick-on's still didn't go to anyone...
Cureton 5 I think he had to go off at half-time because he was dizzy from running the ball in circles.

Thorpe 6 Looked lively but had fuck all service, should have started ahead of Cureton.
Shakes 6 WHY DROP HIM?
Roberts 5 No impact whatsoever.
j1mmy

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 19:12:52 »

Heaton 7 Kept it "respectable" with some good saves

Smith 5 all over the place proberley not worht a 5

Ifil 6 poor again i honestly dont think centre half is for him, or football for that case

Collins 6 Did Ok but far to queit for my liking, but he is a Wendy

Gurney 5 after an average showing against Yeovil he got back to the stuff we hate him for. opening his big mouth going in far too tough and wasting free kicks

Nicolau 6 was desperate to get one over the Southend and worked hard final ball was poor however

Whalley 4 was he playing?

Migs 5 far, far, far to patient with the ball and with current bunch of monkeys we have in our team it just wont work

Pook 7 put in a lot of effort and made some good passes fallon and cureton far too static

Fallon 6 hard to rate him when all he has to do is bring balls down

Cureton 4 (see whalley)

Roberts 5 came on late didn't do much

Shakes 7 fully of energy, fight and effort. Deffo should start v Bournemuff

Thorpe 7 Very good and seems full of fuel and fight now. Very frustrated with some of the balls though and was signalling something to king (hope it was a V sign  Smiley )
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 19:31:25 »

i thought jack smith did well towards the end of the game. kept pushing forward & made a few decent runs, but when he got towards the 18 yard box he had no one to pass to.

cureton & whalley should be dropped for the next game. thorpe did well after coming on & showed more effort in 45 minutes today than he has since the start of the season.

pook is probably player of the year so far, not brilliant today but got stuck in & wasnt helped by being shoved out wide 1st half.

collins was pretty poor IMO and his lack of pace showed at times when 50-year old shaun goater was out-running him. at fault from a few set pieces, which rory had a go at him for.

rest of the team was pretty average. not looking forward to bournemouth, will take a big improvement on today if we're to get anything from that game.
Spud

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 20:52:25 »

Thorpe actually did something today when he came on which i was pleased about, looked alot sharper its just a shame the ball was continously hoofed up to the strikers.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 21:05:58 »

Heaton 7 Great keeper, kept us in the game as much as can be possible

Gurney 5 Shite, shite and more un-co-ordinated shite
Collins 5 Never heard of man-marking
Ifil 6 Kept attackers out on numerous occasions but still dodgy
Smith 6 Got forwards and nearly scored in front of the TE  Oops

Pook 6 Not a right winger, but did okay
Migs 5 Lost with or without the ball. Needed to SHOOOOOOOT
Whalley 6 Some neat touches but no defensive capabiilities at all
Nicolau 5 Quiet and didn't do much, although the team did little to help him

Fallon 5 Good presence and won the ball but couldn't hit a donkey's......
Cureton 4 Invisible

Thorpe 6 Ran around and worked quite well as a playmaker
Shakes 6 Lively and added a bit of a spark but should have started
Roberts 6 Lively again but unable to create much
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, September 10, 2005, 21:10:39 »

Ummmm, I would have rated Migz higher than most of you lot. Thought 90% of the time his passing was good and he was full of running and energy
McLovin

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 08:05:21 »

random comments:
Jack Smith is our best full back
Gurney still can't take free kicks or play it simple
Migz should learn to take a fucking shot - it was so infuriating to see opportunities opening up for a crack at goal and the stupid cunt just gave it back to their midfild/defence
Whalley has been incredibly disappointing
Cureton is worse
Should Heath have a bash up front (seeing as he is a striker)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 08:07:20 »

What a game to go to my first Town game of the season! I thought Southend thoroughly deserved their win, but what was more annoying was that they weren't that great, but they were an organised, tidy team that appeared to know what they were doing. Sadly, we weren't Sad

(My ratings)

Heaton - 7. Looks a very good prospect. He commanded his box well and made 2 excellent stops from dangerous Maher free kicks (The guy put in cracking delivery all game). Kicking wasn't great, but better to put the ball out of play than straight to a striker!

Smith - 6. I liked the look of Smith. I assume that he is another right footed player playing on the left wing? (A la Duke). He is much better than Duke and looked confident on the ball. Stupid booking at the end of the game.

Ifil - 5. Thought he was quite poor. Obvious blistering pace but sometimes has to use this because of mistakes. Has potential to be a solid centre back.

Collins - 6/7 - I was impressed with Collins. Looks a decent centre back and good skill to set up our goal.

Gurney - 5. Can't remember much from Gurney apart from a stupid foul which led to a booking and missing a sitter from 3 yards. Seems odd to have a loanee as captain.

Nicolau - 6. Worked quite hard but crossing was pretty poor.

Whalley - 5. Frustrating as he looked in small patches like he can be a player. Better than Hewlett but that wouldn't be hard.

Migz - 6. Obvious that this bloke is different class. Showed good composure in the centre of the park but dallied on the ball a bit in the second half. We need him to stay fit.

Pook - 4/5. Not a right winger but I thought he was better in the first half than the second. Thought he was woeful in the second half and struggled to show even the basic footballing ability when he tried to control a throw in and the ball ran out of play. Not impressed. Did try hard and never let his head go down.

Fallon. 7. Did well up front, effectively on his own in the first half. Good flicks and control on his chest and good use of the ball with his feet. Seems much improved on the last time I saw him. Deserved his goal (was it offside?) but maybe should have had a hat trick.

Cureton 3 - Too lightweight and generally not very good.

Subs.

Shakes 5 - First 2 minutes I was wondering how this guy made it as a professional footballer!! After that, he settled down and was fairly dangerous down the right wing. Electric pace!

Thorpe 6 - Pick of the subs. Made more of an impact in first 2 minutes than Cureton did in the whole half. Seemed to link up with Fallon much better and looked pretty confident. Should start next game.

Roberts 4 - Apart from 1 decent run when we were chasing the game, hardly touched the ball.

Crowd was poor today, Southend made a bit of noise, but the Townend was quieter and emptier than I am used to!

Good scoreboard and spotted the Townend ad, very swish!

Southend will do quite well this season, their number 6 played well, and Maher puts in some wonderful crosses with his right foot.

Sadly, we are going to struggle. We have a decent squad but they seem to be underperforming. What are we going to do in January when our 52 loanees are returned. Where was Mcdermott today? He has to be better than Pook!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 11:23:30 »

Pook was brilliant when moved into the centre - I kept getting him mixed up with Migs, he was that good.  Pook > Whalley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 12:05:41 »

Pook was poor, only to the high standards he has set himself so far this season

Maybe he is a bit burnt out, I dont know...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 16:01:08 »

Quote from: "Walrus"
Pook was brilliant when moved into the centre - I kept getting him mixed up with Migs, he was that good.  Pook > Whalley

I disagree. I thought he was awful. He couldn't even manage the basic of football skills, twice he had chances to head balls through for Shakes to run onto and succeded in messing them up both times!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 16:03:27 »

still don't get why pook was on the right wing. couldn't believe it when i walked in the ground to see the team line up!
Asher

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 16:09:24 »

Fucking joke, smith was a positive today! You bloody prerss box people.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, September 11, 2005, 16:41:56 »

Quote from: "Asher"
Fucking joke, smith was a positive today! You bloody prerss box people.
You must be easily satisfied. Smith had a nightmare for 15 minutes then settled to mediocrity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: