Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92859 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:46:47 »

Anyone else find this a bit embarrassing now. We went a bit over the top I think.

Silly football fans....generally not the sharpest knifes in the draw.

Let's hope for play off success

Not even a little. Don't think anyone should apologise for a bunch of passionate kids celebrating a big win over a rival.

Could have done with the same level of passion last night.
gregorybellend

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:49:47 »

I heard the other fanbase reported an incident within these events to the police and harped on about it for months. I believe that to be the definition of going 'a bit over the top'.

Right, Greg?

Wink

Yeah right! What an idiot.

Football fans are such dim wits!

Going to football matches always makes me feel good about myself because I can compare myself to others. Watching city last night was great....made me realise I proberly have a much more privileged life than those half wits.

I guess most football fans live in tiny council houses and have way to many children that will follow in there footsteps.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:50:05 »

Anyone else find this a bit embarrassing now. We went a bit over the top I think.

Silly football fans....generally not the sharpest knifes in the draw.

Let's hope for play off success

I would agree but you need to realise it felt like a bit of a David & Goliath win. Our players are 19,20 etc and a lot are in their first or second season of professional football. To them they just beat professional footballers of many years with £10-£15 thousand coming into their bank accounts each week.

They were buzzing for it as were we. Back then we were still getting used to thinking "we'll finish mid-low table". By November we were just starting to realise what we could do.

Not an over the top reaction at all. Passion.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:50:06 »

I remember City very much enjoying Town's relegation in 2006 despite the Final Score ending their own Play-Off hopes. We took it accordingly with the standard responses.

This is no new thing.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:53:00 »

I guess most football fans live in tiny council houses and have way to many children that will follow in there footsteps.

probably in Bristol

I come from a land down-under
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:56:22 »

You mean proberly  Smiley

So we have Tom and Greg from the red side of wurzelland on here now. Ace.  Smiley
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:57:53 by 4D » Logged
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:56:57 »

Also, did anyone notice BRISTOL CITY fans singing "You're just a shit Bristol Rovers" to us last night?

I don't know about you, but I'd never catch us singing "You're just a shit Oxford United" or whatever to another team... bit of a compliment to Rovers there that Bristol City fans are happy saying we're a shit version of their bitter rivals even thought we dominated large parts of the game...  

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:58:05 »

Also, did anyone notice BRISTOL CITY fans singing "You're just a shit Bristol Rovers" to us last night?

I don't know about you, but I'd never catch us singing "You're just a shit Oxford United" or whatever to another team... bit of a compliment to Rovers there that Bristol City fans are happy saying we're a shit version of their bitter rivals even thought we dominated large parts of the game...  

In fairness Jay, I think that was taking the piss as we'd sung the same at them before you'd arrived. A decent response in context.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:11:07 by Nemo » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 14:59:41 »

Yeah right! What an idiot.

Football fans are such dim wits!

proberly

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:18:11 »

City fan at work has just piped up with "could you see how dirty swindon were as easily in the flesh as you could on tv?" as his first comment on the game.

Jesus H Christ, you won 3-0, if your first priority is the other team's discipline you really need to cheer up.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:22:31 »

City fan at work has just piped up with "could you see how dirty swindon were as easily in the flesh as you could on tv?" as his first comment on the game.

Jesus H Christ, you won 3-0, if your first priority is the other team's discipline you really need to cheer up.
Just trip the bastard up as he's coming back with his coffee.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:24:23 »

My day has been the same. Far more concerned with Branco and unimportant moments than the win.

In fact this started via messages straight after game ended.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:26:53 by Costanza » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:26:28 »

Just trip the bastard up as he's coming back with his coffee.
Or even better...with 2 coffees one in each hand, or is that just selfish? meh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:42:10 »

My first message was

"You played really well and didnt deserve to lose.. but HA HA HA HA".

Which I think is a fair reflection. Tbf to this particular City fan, he is a genuinely nice bloke.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 15:44:06 »

My first message was

"You played really well and didnt deserve to lose.. but HA HA HA HA".

Which I think is a fair reflection. Tbf to this particular City fan, he is a genuinely nice bloke.

I don't know any. All I got was "Wheeeeeeeyyyyyy!!!" on Facebook at the final whistle.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: