Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92855 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 09:50:06 »

but when we lost to chesterfield at wembley,that was down to playing loan players......oh shit

We've had a few, who've played their last game for us at Wembley, but there can't be too many who've made their debut at Wembley for anybody, let alone 2 like Bostock and Jaymac.  Only Paolo  Smiley
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 09:56:13 »

We've had a few, who've played their last game for us at Wembley, but there can't be too many who've made their debut at Wembley for anybody, let alone 2 like Bostock and Jaymac.  Only Paolo  Smiley

I'd fancy our chances against Chesterfield in the Semis or the Final. We've played some really good stuff against them this season. Comfortably done the double over them.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:03:34 »

I'd fancy our chances against Chesterfield in the Semis or the Final. We've played some really good stuff against them this season. Comfortably done the double over them.

It's an unlikely scenario for us to get a game v Spireites, but any side will hope to get us in the PO's because we give you a chance....OK if it clicks we can beat anybody, but the game v Chesterfield, was closer than the scoreline suggests, and I seem to remember them hitting wood and Louis making a fine goalline clearance.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:22:10 »

are bristol city really a "multi million pound side"? Who are their big money signings,I honestly dont know

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:24:22 »

I think this side is more about wages than transfer fees paid.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:26:04 »

are bristol city really a "multi million pound side"? Who are their big money signings,I honestly dont know

Think it's more the wage bill....which enables you to have a large squad.  Saturday, we'll probably only have something like 4 or 5 subs.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:28:41 »

ah that'd be it

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:29:03 »

They know nothing of the economies we are operating under, for instance on a Saturday away game they travel on the Thursday after training!!  As has been stated it is really the wages they pay, although I think Agard cost a fair wedge and is on a reported £15,000 a week!!!
Flashheart

« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:31:12 »

although I think Agard cost a fair wedge

750K according to wiki.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:31:16 »

City don't have a big squad though. So I guess some of them must be on a really good wage.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:42:11 »

Every club in the league would love to pay high wages, and Bristol City are lucky they have a chairman that supplies it. I feel there is a lot of sour grapes on here. So what if they have bought the league, does it matter? It may not be sustainable long term, but if it brings success like Bournemouth.

That saying, on our budget we have done miracles.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:49:19 »

Lots of records have been broken this year...

City beating us for the first time in 12 years
We actually scored and won away at Orient, Notts County and Doncaster
We've had a 20+ goals striker since Paynter in 2009/10

There are probably more than that but why not add ending our losing streak at Wembley to the list? We have players capable of putting in top performances like the first half of the season. Let's do it. Let's go up from wembley and give us a day out to remember.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Flashheart

« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:50:48 »

FUCK YEAH!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 10:57:40 »

City don't have a big squad though. So I guess some of them must be on a really good wage.
Wouldn't mind a JET on our subs bench, be lucky to field a full bench on Saturday!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 11:02:51 »

Every club in the league would love to pay high wages, and Bristol City are lucky they have a chairman that supplies it. I feel there is a lot of sour grapes on here. So what if they have bought the league, does it matter? It may not be sustainable long term, but if it brings success like Bournemouth.

That saying, on our budget we have done miracles.
Have to agree with both halfs of that Sippo. And I'd far rather we were doing it the way we are now than when we were the ones throwing unsustainable amounts of cash about.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: