Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92890 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:48:09 »

Just seen the BBC stats...21 shots. Sounds about right.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:51:02 »

So I'm walking out after the match, making my way around the ground, and it's pretty packed. Some Swindon female is shouting at a City fan, embarrassing herself and, basically anyone connected to the club. So I say to my friend "Pride of Swindon!" and next thing I know, someone has kicked me in the leg. Bloody hard, too. I have a quick look and it's a Swindon fan! I shout at him to tell him I'm a Swindon fan too, and he meekly apologises!

Like, it's OK to randomly kick people in the leg if they support a different team!

So if that person is reading this, I'd just like to say that YOU'RE AN IDIOT!
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:57:49 »

I got a few elbows during the blending in of fans. They were from City fans - it wasn't a big deal.

It did hurt for a few minutes.

welshred

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 23:00:06 »

That was very frustrating. There wasn't a great deal in it first half, but the chances they had seemed far more clear cut. We're so weak at the back it's laughable. Second half they sat back a bit but we didn't really look like cutting them open. We lacked movement up front. There's only so many times you can slowly pass the ball around the oppositions box before passing it out wide, crossing it in and have it headed away.

There aren't any options up front for the midfielders and we became so predictable. My only hope is that we can somehow change something and get back to winning ways. Where have the goals gone?

Wasn't overly impressed with City. Franchise were way better. Money bags Landsdowne will have to shell out a few more million to see them remain in the Championship.
scollenstfc

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 23:10:49 »

My biggest gripe isn't so much towards the game tonight as much as I'm hating on sky at the moment, I haven't been to either game over the last few days so have watched both on sky and the love-in for whichever team we are playing has done my swede in more than anything. For a start the MK game with Cotterill in the gantry, I mean why the fuck have him? Surely if you want someone to be relevant to the situation then wouldn't Simon Grayson be a better option? And then to have Karl Robinson join then at the end and bang on about how MK were now in the driving seat (ignoring the fact we still could have gone above them again if we won our game in hand) fucked me off enough. Then tonight there was Johnson and Johnson, both very much sat in the city camp, angered me more than the scoreline (disappointing but meh, playoffs on our budget is success in my book). All in all my sentiment at the moment fuck sky.

Having said that, will I cancel my sky subscription? No... Game of thrones starts in a week and I'm a fickle cunt at times  Cheesy
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 23:12:05 »

Horrific. The worst bit wasn't the result for me. It was the walk from the pub to the ground. Found myself walking up on my own being followed by a bunch of City fans throwing and shouting shit at me.

Absolute vermin of people.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 23:39:15 »

Goals aside we looked like the home side. It's city's season, let em have their fun. Be interesting to see how they do against the big boys next season.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 23:40:43 »

Goals aside we looked like the home side. It's city's season, let em have their fun. Be interesting to see how they do against the big boys next season.

With a minor spot of strengthening, they'll be fine.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 00:02:06 »

Hopefully not.

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 00:14:24 »

I thought it was a decent game first and foremost.
3-0 is very flattering for them but they took their chances and are a decent side.

Rather than slating branco like most were on Twitter I was more disappointed with Williams. Not squaring the ball for a certain goal was the biggest mistake one of our players made. I thought he was off the pace for the whole of his time on the pitch and his link up play with his strike partner was almost non existent. The forwards are definitely the biggest concern for me with that side. They need to up their game or promotion will slip by again.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 00:16:42 by arriba » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 02:16:48 »

4 words seems like enough..

Cotterill: you're 50, grow up

Flint: at least he's honest.

Rafa: should've elbowed him harder.

Attack: what happened to smith?

Defence: made it too easy.

City: still look pretty average

Promotion: batter franchise in play-offs

(Does that count?)

Pint

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 05:58:01 »

4 words seems like enough..

Cotterill: you're 50, grow up

Flint: at least he's honest.

Rafa: should've elbowed him harder.

Attack: what happened to smith?

Defence: made it too easy.

City: still look pretty average

Promotion: batter franchise in play-offs

(Does that count?)

Pint

Good shout, all of that.

I'd like to add...

Obika and Hylton Saturday.
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 06:18:28 »

My biggest gripe isn't so much towards the game tonight as much as I'm hating on sky at the moment, I haven't been to either game over the last few days so have watched both on sky and the love-in for whichever team we are playing has done my swede in more than anything. For a start the MK game with Cotterill in the gantry, I mean why the fuck have him? Surely if you want someone to be relevant to the situation then wouldn't Simon Grayson be a better option? And then to have Karl Robinson join then at the end and bang on about how MK were now in the driving seat (ignoring the fact we still could have gone above them again if we won our game in hand) fucked me off enough. Then tonight there was Johnson and Johnson, both very much sat in the city camp, angered me more than the scoreline (disappointing but meh, playoffs on our budget is success in my book). All in all my sentiment at the moment fuck sky.

Having said that, will I cancel my sky subscription? No... Game of thrones starts in a week and I'm a fickle cunt at times  Cheesy

Only upgraded Saturday morning especially for the last two games, suffice to say I will be cancelling as soon as the 30 days are up. My main observation would be that it's easier to get away with swearing in a football ground than in the living room.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 06:43:07 »

Well, I enjoyed (if you can enjoy a 3.0 defeat) that much more than Saturday's limp wristed effort. City showed why they're at the top: well organised, resilient and some good individual players. Our midfield was immense for most of the game, unfortunately the same couldn't be said of the defence or attack.

If we play at that tempo in our remaining games and do some work on the training ground around tightening the defence, we should be ok going into the playoffs. What happens then is anyone's guess.

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, April 8, 2015, 06:50:59 »

Well, I enjoyed (if you can enjoy a 3.0 defeat) that much more than Saturday's limp wristed effort. City showed why they're at the top: well organised, resilient and some good individual players. Our midfield was immense for most of the game, unfortunately the same couldn't be said of the defence or attack.

If we play at that tempo in our remaining games and do some work on the training ground around tightening the defence, we should be ok going into the playoffs. What happens then is anyone's guess.

Agreed on all points. Especially the entertainment value, it was a very good game to watch.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: