Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92851 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:50:31 »

I thought Smith got to stay on because he was at least working hard for the team - kept covering right back.  Williams was just as ineffective upfront so it was a fair enough call I thought.  Gladwin must have been a legs issue, he was our best player but had vanished in the 5mins or so leading up to the sub so I'll buy it.  None of our subs were at fault for the goals.  It is clear central defence is an area where we can and should look to improve next year, wherever we are.  I don't like to knock players when we are 4th on our budget and play some great stuff, but Branco's yellow card was our best moment.  The lad needs to be shielded in the run in I think, get another pre season under him and see if progress is made.  On current form he'll be dropping leagues like a stone if he left us.

Better but more frustrating than Franchise.
I didn't really rate him massively at the start of the season but L Thompson is going to be big gap to fill.  really missing his hustle and bustle to compliment the midfields technical ability.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:52:07 »

I still don't know what people expected him to say really.
I thought it was decent banter to be honest.  Why would he wish us well?  He left in huff and gets stick from us, no love lost either way.  I wish him all the worst in his career and I'm sure he loses no sleep over our loss in form.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:52:27 »

I thought it was decent banter to be honest.  Why would he wish us well?  He left in huff and gets stick from us, no love lost either way.  I wish him all the worst in his career and I'm sure he loses no sleep over our loss in form.

Exactly
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:52:31 »

Agree totally about L Thompson. Missing him big time
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:54:55 »

yeah we sold the wrong one there...

thot we wud have enuff money just from selling Luwannago...

but then again i guess nobody cud have predicted his Ossie meteoric rise at that point...
arkellsboi

« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:01:44 »

Agree to disagree. I thought he sounded like a petulant kid.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:02:01 »

Odd thought, but how did Ayling ever become a footballer?  Not knocking his ability, he's caused us trouble in both games, but he doesn't look like a footballer.  Most great players at school had that twattish look (they poncify a bit when they make it, but they still have it), but Ayling looks like he'd have struggled to cause a commotion in a library.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:03:58 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:03:16 »

Agree to disagree. I thought he sounded like a petulant kid.

See my comment just after yours to explain why that's inevitable :-)
So what.  Should my feelings be hurt by him not liking my club?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:10:03 »

Just got back from Ashton Gate. Balls.

The worst thing is we were miles, miles better than we were against MK. We just couldn't finish for shit and, to be fair to them, City took their (far fewer ) chances clinically.

Amusement came from meeting Jaybox (with banner) and watching him hurl abuse at the City family section for 90 minutes and then kick a steel fence when the third went in, that must have hurt.

Even better, there was a little lad behind me who responded to the city goal with by brilliantly shouting, in his most put out voice "shut up, it's not the winning that counts it's the taking part". Glorious stuff, although someone had better explain the concept of league football to him.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:14:59 »

Gotta say thought we were the better side, especially first half where Fielding has pulled out a number of good saves. They were clinical and punished 2 mistakes from us for 2 goals and a brilliant finish by Bryan, who is the best player in the league IMO.

For a club that doesn't care much about us they have celebrated an awful amount, hope Preston beat them for top spot. As for Flint, think he has every right to say that considering how much abuse he was getting, he also celebrated in front of us when they scored but I don't think we'll file a report to the police about it?

Thought Gladwin and Kasim were immense tonight and Obika simply has to start against P'boro on Saturday. We miss Louis Thompsons drive in midfield, game was made for him today as have a couple been since his injury.

Let's win Saturday and pretty much secure our playoff spot and then manage players ready for the playoffs. Id take Sheffield United, I think we've got enough quality to beat them over two legs.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:19:36 »

Writing this before reading through, so apologies for any repetition...

Back about 20 mins. Definitely feel much better after this game than I did after Saturday's debacle. Probably sounds stupid, but I felt we more than held our own against the runaway leaders. A couple of poor mistakes and some great goalkeeping made the difference.

Listening to Wurzel radio on the way back to the car was amusing - much talk of revenge for the 'injustice' of the game at the CG. Ha ha!

Actually looking forward to hearing what the TV pundits' opinion of the match was.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:21:59 »

After all that that, result aside, it wasn't in any way how I imagined 'hell' to be like.

In fact, if that's what hell is like then let the sinning begin.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:24:22 »

No, I've been to Hell, they've cunningly disguised it by using a U instead of an E.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:35:33 »

Arse fuck cocking shitbags.

Just got back in so apologies if I repeat what has doubtless been said as it were on the telly.

If we were more clinical and had had the rub of the green a bit more we would have been 3-0 up in the first half. Fielding is a good keeper and he kept them in it. Gladwin looked our best player tonight (controversial). He's going to score an absolute stonker of a goal any time soon with that right foot of his. Only one of the best keepers in the League stopped him from doing so tonight.

Second half...

Eurgh. I'm not one for decrying the way Cooper's got the boys playing, but tippy tappying it around outside and through the box and robbing our attacks of all momentum and surprise by standing on the ball before passing it wide so someone can try and whip in a cross DID NOT WORK TONIGHT. It will not work against any side who have half a brain and have seen how we play this season. It will not work against any side who are already beating us. It wastes precious time and gives way too many opportunities for a side like Shitty to get a boot in the way or a lucky deflection and hoof the ball the other end for a break.

When we ran through the middle with pace we absolutely carved them apart. Screw slowing the game down by sticking the ball wide, get Mass, Byrne, Kasim, Gladwin, Stephens et al running with the ball through the middle.

Branco is such a frustrating player. He can do something brilliant one minute and then absolutely diabolical the next.

Officials were ok. Better than I expected seeing as the ref was from Preston. Didn't catch everything but then who does.

Closing thoughts - having no fucking chips at the ground is criminal, and I am not a vegetarian just because I asked for chips you bellend, I just want something that's got a lower chance of having some slack-jawed bristolian's salmonella in it. That was not 'hell', that was a football ground with 11,000 very quiet welsh folk in it for 70 minutes. Oh, and we need to win EVERY GAME now. No excuses.

I'm going to go drink some beer.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 22:42:56 »

Gutted, ignoring our luck on the penalty appeal front, I thought we looked in control and a tad unlucky for 70 minutes but we seem to be like a fighter with a glass chin unable to defend himself when the tide turns and just need (still in boxing terms) to do a bit of illegal holding rather than looking to mix it, ie keep our shape and focus.

It's a results business innit and it is certainly not ALL about style on the ball.  Gung ho is idiotic.  Keep clean sheet as a first objective and the rest will come with the quality we have in most areas.

If Branco chooses to learn I think he is a very classy footballer by the way and far more so than Flint.  Having said that Branco's ban and even Thomson's may force us to re-evaluate the defensive line up for the better and Ricketts is looking a promising and shrewd signing.  The whole team needs to recapture that pride in clean sheets.

I am positive about the playoffs.  So long as we avoid the purple / all white pratfall and Cooper keeps the players positive and also focussed, we are surely about to kick that playoff door down with some force for once.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: