Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92864 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:29:51 »

He was lucky he never got sent off
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:32:11 »

This whole momentum thing is all well and good but its hard to get momentum and confidence from playing what will most likely be dead rubber games that don't mean anything. The players could struggle to be up for it.
Flashheart

« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:33:15 »

Oh, and I've found Luongo to be quite benign in the last 2 games. Maybe he's just being doubled up on? Or something else?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:34:10 »

Cooper has made some odd decisions on and off all season (to me). Tinkering. Reverting to 1 up front. etc.

I don't think him being under pressure has much to do with it.

For me now is the time to get our best 11 out on the pitch (suspensions aside), sticking by it and work towards getting form for the playoffs. Tonight I don't think he did much wrong with his selection. Not too keen on his subs but hey ho.
woolster

« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:34:56 »

It's that old chestnut of momentum which concerns me most heading towards the play offs. Been said already but bizarre selections in putting ricketts left wing back, keeping smith in the starting line up and then keeping him on in place of Williams. Despite the improved performance from Saturday, I have concerns that cooper is feeling the pressure and it's affecting his decision making. I know opinions are like arse holes but if most were thinking the same about selection, then we can't all be wrong can we?? Or is it a case if what the fuck do we know having never played/managed at that levell?!

Best post tonight, gladwin substitution was a joke
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:35:23 »

It also worries me that some players are out of form and others seem to have zoned out a bit already.  We need cool heads and confidence.

This is a tricky one, my main fear, was getting very close to auto by busting a gut, then missing out right at the end, and still ending up in the PO's.  We've now got a bit of a chance to take stock, 3rd could still just about happen, and is worth going for, and 4th has the supposed advantage of a home leg second, something we've not had since Blackburn in 90, so need to focus on not throwing that away.
arkellsboi

« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:36:29 »

Bearing in mind that not all Town fans have berated Flint for leaving (I've defended him on several occasions), and the fact that Swindon handed him his first professional contract, I'd say he's let himself down with those comments. I don't endorse the abuse he gets, but the people that dish it out are football supporters; he's a professional. Fucking act like one and rise above it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:36:59 »

Best post tonight, gladwin substitution was a joke

Smith should of gone off long before Willo was dragged off....awful for me...

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:37:09 »

Oh, and I've found Luongo to be quite benign in the last 2 games. Maybe he's just being doubled up on? Or something else?

When he's good he very good. Still ambles through large parts of the game to me, I expect a highly regarded international to be more influential. Not sure if its just a trait of being young/inexperienced. Or whether he can't be arsed. I think the former.

In any case it may not have come over too well on the TV tonight. Listening to SSP on the post match on the radio - he said Luongo had his best game for ages.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:39:48 »

Defence shit yet again. They got at us down both flanks. Unlike most I thought Smith had a decent game and it was easy to see why Williams was taken off as he was shit tonight and hardly got in the game and when he did he fucked up 2 really decent chances. Gladwin, like Saturday, was MOM for me by a country mile but he had faded badly by the time he was taken off. I don't have a problem with Cooper's subs but the defence is a total shambles and has been for a while.
Fair play to Flint for what he said. No problems with it but he's got to expect some real shit when he plays us again which he will do.
I don't fancy the play offs and the target now has got to be to get there.
woolster

« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:40:34 »

Smith should of gone off long before Willo was dragged off....awful for me...
Żep,  Smith was not at it, again
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:46:03 »

Bearing in mind that not all Town fans have berated Flint for leaving (I've defended him on several occasions), and the fact that Swindon handed him his first professional contract, I'd say he's let himself down with those comments. I don't endorse the abuse he gets, but the people that dish it out are football supporters; he's a professional. Fucking act like one and rise above it.

It's no different to the Nathan Thompson situation. If Aden Flint was saying that as a Town player about Bristol City we'd all (mostly) be loving it.

We gave him dogs abuse for 90 minutes (plus Branco being Branco) and then Sky Sports pitched it up for Aden to knock that comment out of the park.

Meh.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:47:52 »

It was a stupid question designed to get the reaction it got.  Blame the Sky reporter for being a cock.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:48:09 »

I still don't know what people expected him to say really.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:49:20 »

I still don't know what people expected him to say really.

Agreed. The reporter knew Flint wouldn't duck that.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: