Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92872 times)
paddieu

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:12:16 »

Am I disappointed we lost to City? Yes. Am I disappointed we threw away a chance of automatic promotion? Yes. Am I disappointed we'll be in the play-offs? Well, in the balance of the start of the season yes, but in perspective of our budget and relative inexperience the play-offs is a fantastic achievement and I'd have snapped your hand off for that back in August.

The result was gutting, but the performance was just what I wanted. We took the game to them and created chances. We bossed possession and we kept playing football. If we could defend we'd be lethal, but that's ultimately been our downfall this season - that and not having the experienced heads to know how to win when under pressure.

Of course it annoys me that City have had such a good season, but if they finished anywhere else but 1st it would be a bad season for them. Yes they've got the players but ultimately it's Lansdown's money that will have bought them the title. I'd love to be up there competing with them on footballing terms, but in financial terms I'm much more comfortable with Power's approach.

Trailing off in the latter part of the season has been hard to take but with the budget we have and the footballing philosophy and players we've got we've done fantastically well.

Yeah I'll go with all of that as an overall view of the season so far...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:13:47 »

I'm not sure I can stomach the playoffs, I don't want to go to watch, but can't not watch. Humph.
With you on that. But my most immediate concern is going to work in Brizzle tomorrow morning, with a Slave Trader sat at the next desk. Think I'm just going to walk in, not say a word and just spark the fucker out first thing. Set me stall out early doors, as it were.

Or I might just sit down quietly and get increasingly annoyed at his gloating and perhaps engage in some mild swearing. But I prefer the fantasy Clarkson version
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:14:19 »

I'm not sure I can stomach the playoffs, I don't want to go to watch, but can't not watch. Humph.

This is how I feel.  Recent play off history aside,  we're just too flaky in defence.

The commentator on sky said something along the lines of 'Swindon will relish the play offs'.

No, no we won't.

It also worries me that some players are out of form and others seem to have zoned out a bit already.  We need cool heads and confidence.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:16:37 »

Love the honesty from Flint there tbh, makes a change for a player to say what they really think.

Better than the fake crap you normally hear, but we've more than our fair share of mentalists, that will see it in a different light.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:18:53 »

What did he say? Sound was off in the Duke
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:19:02 »

With you on that. But my most immediate concern is going to work in Brizzle tomorrow morning, with a Slave Trader sat at the next desk. Think I'm just going to walk in, not say a word and just spark the fucker out first thing. Set me stall out early doors, as it were.

Or I might just sit down quietly and get increasingly annoyed at his gloating and perhaps engage in some mild swearing. But I prefer the fantasy Clarkson version

I've got a fake City fan sitting behind me (been to 2 games). I told him today that if he so much as offers an ounce of symapthy I'll interpret it as taking the piss even more than blatant gloating. FFS..
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:19:28 »

A game of what ifs really...

What if the ref had had the balls to send off Flint and Kasim in the first half?
What if Gladwin/Williams had scored instead of hitting the bar?
What if Branco had got that ball down the right flank right, instead of gifting a goal away?

City probably deserved their lead at the break, but barely touched the ball for 15-20 minutes after. Thought we were very good for most of the 2nd half, playing the ball around well and really making them work in defence. Their fans were clearly on edge, much as we would have been in the same situation.

What told on the day? A little extra quality and composure in the final third. Putting it into perspective, they've spent £11m(?) this year, we've spent £1.8m. When we had somebody chucking money at us we worked our way to the top of League 1 too.

The question now is can Cooper pick the players up ready to secure a play-off spot and have enough steel to see the job through? They say it's all about momentum, so as long as we pick up a bit before May then promotion is still a very real possibility. I'll take that now.

Hope the 1000 Town fans made it out of hell alive. Some pretty aggressive waving and jumping going on in the home end. Expect the FL to come down on City hard for that.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:19:39 »

Am I disappointed we lost to City? Yes. Am I disappointed we threw away a chance of automatic promotion? Yes. Am I disappointed we'll be in the play-offs? Well, in the balance of the start of the season yes, but in perspective of our budget and relative inexperience the play-offs is a fantastic achievement and I'd have snapped your hand off for that back in August.

The result was gutting, but the performance was just what I wanted. We took the game to them and created chances. We bossed possession and we kept playing football. If we could defend we'd be lethal, but that's ultimately been our downfall this season - that and not having the experienced heads to know how to win when under pressure.

Of course it annoys me that City have had such a good season, but if they finished anywhere else but 1st it would be a bad season for them. Yes they've got the players but ultimately it's Lansdown's money that will have bought them the title. I'd love to be up there competing with them on footballing terms, but in financial terms I'm much more comfortable with Power's approach.

Trailing off in the latter part of the season has been hard to take but with the budget we have and the footballing philosophy and players we've got we've done fantastically well.

Samdy sums up my feelings too....

I hope we have enough in the tank to get over the line .....autos went up in smoke on Saturday in style.

Tonight we had 21 shots with 8 on target and hit the post and bar......if you don't score, you will not win a football match.....city just picked off our fuck ups...bang bang bang....

Hopefully this reality check will help us.....

Sky are cunts for changing the fixtures and also the studio guests David Prutton tonight.....nobody In The studio with a link to swindon and that cunt Cotterill on Saturday....it's enough to cancel your subscription alone....

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:20:04 »

What did he say? Sound was off in the Duke

He said.

Wait for it.

You are going to spit feathers.

he
said that

he doesn't want us to get promoted. As the Town fans were singing "Aiden you're a cunt" in the background if my ears didn't deceive me.
Flashheart

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:21:22 »

I vote for the fantasy Clarkson version.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:22:13 »

Got a few elbows on the way out as we were blended in. Ouch.

Are they making Branco walk home then?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:22:19 »

he
said that

he doesn't want us to get promoted. As the Town fans were singing "Aiden you're a cunt" in the background if my ears didn't deceive me.

Bristol City fans have called the police over less
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:26:06 »

Are they making Branco walk home then?

Haha.

All my City supporting associates moaned about Branco before commenting on anything else.

I reminded them that they'd just won 3-0.
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:26:27 »

I would like to say that for the second consecutive game I have seen no evidence of this alleged cheating by us, but,...... Branco.   
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 21:28:54 »

It's that old chestnut of momentum which concerns me most heading towards the play offs. Been said already but bizarre selections in putting ricketts left wing back, keeping smith in the starting line up and then keeping him on in place of Williams. Despite the improved performance from Saturday, I have concerns that cooper is feeling the pressure and it's affecting his decision making. I know opinions are like arse holes but if most were thinking the same about selection, then we can't all be wrong can we?? Or is it a case if what the fuck do we know having never played/managed at that levell?!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: