Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is our Season still alive?  (Read 3019 times)
Piemonte

« on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:19:28 »

If what is anounced on Thursday is good news ie. Harford in as first team coach / assistant manager can we still make the play offs?

I'd have to say yes. One of the main features of the last couple of seasons under king has been our ability have both very poor and very good patches of form during the same season. We saw it last season, and to a lesser extent have also seen it this season.

If a fresh coaching approach is brought in to the club and our key players stay fit I think we can still make the play offs.

Fuck me that was almost a positive post
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:23:28 »

i think we may just sneek in there at the end! by virtue of goal difference
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:26:18 »

This is a toughy, I just don't know.  What I do know is that it'd make a very interesting end of season, with players out to prove themselves etc.  I still think the PO's are a little out of our reach, as it'd take Mick a while to get to grips with the complex relationship between Sammy Igoe and Brian Howard.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:29:01 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
This is a toughy, I just don't know.  What I do know is that it'd make a very interesting end of season, with players out to prove themselves etc.  I still think the PO's are a little out of our reach, as it'd take Mick a while to get to grips with the complex relationship between Sammy Igoe and Brian Howard.
soapy tit wank yeah i forgot about that! that relationship is part of the reason why we are where we are
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:45:04 »

I think our form will improve this season IF Harford comes in, but I feel this will prove to be a bedding in period for Harford and we'll miss out by a few places. However, with a good pre-season and some good additions to the squad - solid holding midfielder is a must as is a right winger - then we can challenge next season.

In all honesty, this season is more or less over for us. On the positive side, it gives whoever comes in chance to settle and for everyone to adjust to the changes.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:46:15 »

I think we'll just miss out this year, or worst case scenario if King goes then miss out by a lot.

I wouldn't be too disappointed with the season if it was close, with finances like ours it's not realistic to expect the playoffs as the absolute minimum.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:50:22 »

If we win say a minimum of eleven games out of the remaining 16 then the PO's are reachable......this probably will require winning at least 7 of our 8 home games and 4 of 8 away.....we still have to go to Hull, HPool, Looton.....and Tranny and Bormuff have to visit us.

This will require the kind of application and focus we just haven't seen this season, which makes it although possible, so highly unlikely that its not really worth thinking about.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:51:54 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
If we win say a minimum of eleven games out of the remaining 16 then the PO's are reachable......this probably will require winning at least 7 of our 8 home games and 4 of 8 away.....we still have to go to Hull, HPool, Looton.....and Tranny and Bormuff have to visit us.

This will require the kind of application and focus we just haven't seen this season, which makes it although possible, so highly unlikely that its not really worth thinking about.
where is your optimism?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:52:37 »

Where is the love?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 12:59:06 »

dude - where's my car
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:00:31 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

where is your optimism?

As a town fan of 40+ years , I lost my optimism at Soton on 25th April 1965, it rolled into a gutter, got washed into a storm drain on a flood of tears, and was last seen heading out into the Solent, never to be found again.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:06:01 »

What happened in that game Reggie?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:18:48 »

We needed a point to stay up in the old Div 2, assuming that Pompey could only match that at Northampton, as we had a better goal average. We lost 2-1 to the inevitable late goal.

For some inexplicable reason  Northampton were allowed to host Pompey in an evening KO on the Sat, so Pompey knew a draw was enough. Northampton were already up.

There was a bit of history between us and the Cobblers, from when we both came out of Div 3 in 62/63....it was Jimmy Dickenson's last match for Pompey.

With about 3 mins to go Pompey were one down, and we were staying up, then a Cobblers defender put into his own net when under no pressure.....it was assumed at our end that the outcome was fixed.......this was not unknown in those days.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:30:10 »

Bastards, no wonder you were gutted.  I'm angry about it now!!  And that was well before my time!
spacey

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:33:10 »

My brother is a Cobblers fan.He's gonna get a right spamhead when I next see him :x
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: