Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looks like it's true  (Read 7612 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:23:16 »

the excitement is that King may not have FULL control!!!! yippie!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:25:48 »

Well, according to sources close to Luton (ie Luton MB's) he was the one who turned them around this season.  Very good coach and takes the first team training, get's players working for each other and gets them working hard.  I'm sure Mr Newell might have something to say about that though.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:29:26 »

hmmmmmm yes because its mr Newell thats been getting all the credit for getting luton up to the top this year although having said that they havent collapsed since Harford left them
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:29:53 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Is Harford actually any good though? What has he ever achieved? Just wondering what all this excitemnt is about, to be honest.

I base my Harford excitement solely on an article I read where Newell, said that he delegated all coaching and tactics to Harford,  and he dealt with player recruitment morale and only spoke to the players before match day, because he felt otherwise they tired of listening.

This set up would seem to be ideal for us.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 11:31:42 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Is Harford actually any good though? What has he ever achieved? Just wondering what all this excitemnt is about, to be honest.

I base my Harford excitement solely on an article I read where Newell, said that he delegated all coaching and tactics to Harford,  and he dealt with player recruitment morale and only spoke to the players before match day, because he felt otherwise they tired of listening.

This set up would seem to be ideal for us.
thats why luton are where they are! we have reason to be optimistic!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 18:48:08 »

well... we need king to stay on though, this would be perfect i think if King is still there to get players, while Harford would be the manager.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 18:53:25 »

I think Kings going, yesssssssssss
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 19:05:00 »

The latest is that Harford has denied all knowledge of this story, this may be meaningless, but does chime true to an extent......far more likely is that there will be a reshuffle of existing staff, with maybe Reeeeeves and Iffy getting some sort of upgrade, Walsh a downgrade and King staying in charge by whatever name.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 20:22:43 »

Harford is totally a rumour. Considering neither he nor Bob Holt know anything about him becoming our next manager, I don't think its true!
Personally I think King is doing okay.

But then again, we do have the resources to pay Ferguson/Wenger/Mourinho, nad they do all want to come to Swindon, and with one of them in charge we would definitely have won the league by March...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 20:43:57 »

Soapy Tit Wank  reeves4england has gone off on one!

surely the 'big shake up' isn't going to involve just walsh being downgraded? thats no news at all really!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:06:08 »

NO! Not Walsh! Even I would join in with WE WANT WALSHY OUT!
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 21:08:24 »

I fuckin hope Kings stays.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Dazzza

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:10:24 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The latest is that Harford has denied all knowledge of this story, this may be meaningless, but does chime true to an extent......far more likely is that there will be a reshuffle of existing staff, with maybe Reeeeeves and Iffy getting some sort of upgrade, Walsh a downgrade and King staying in charge by whatever name.

Surely that could have been announced this morning if it where the case.

After all of the hype that's just the sort of announcement that will get a few goats up.   :twisted:

yeo

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:26:54 »

I wonder if they have these "pre" announcement  stories  to increase hits to their website.Its pointless , annoying  and invites stupid rumours in my opinion.

/
W56196272
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 23:31:36 »

Quote from: "Johno"
well... we need king to stay on though, this would be perfect i think if King is still there to get players, while Harford would be the manager.

Johno, it sounds like you are supporting King just to be different and righteous.  You remind me of the religious kids at college.  Please qualify that statement with some kind of reasonable and rational argument!

Ferguson, Wenger and Morinho bang on the door of the County Ground wanting a job, but Johno waves them away "We need King to say on"....

:old

Sounds like a bad idea to me.  You have a manager, assistant manager, coaches, scouts and physios.  I didn't like the Coppell carry on, and the only reshuffles I wouldn't mind seeing is a new Assistant Manager instated as whilst I don't understand the position, I do not think Walsh is helping matters.  That is just a gut feeling I hasten to add.  I wouldn't mind a new manager taking charge, but I do not want to see King being advised or a messy carry-on as players get confused, and it highlights King's inadequacy which we don't want to see.

If King's going to get the push, lets see a Town legend go gracefully.  He's done a lot for the club, but this season is piss-poor and time and time again he fails to turn the club around during poor runs of form.

Must say I am surprised to see this on the back of a 3-0 win and things looking up, but I still think King will be here come the end of the season, and I firmly believe Swindon Town will be challenging in the playoffs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: