Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mick Harford?  (Read 5791 times)
hong kong red

« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 09:28:09 »

Quote from: "Titch"
Quote from: "hong kong red"
Quote from: "Titch"
I have heard from two different sources, both iin-siders, that it does indeed look as though this will be happening.  Apparently King going upstairs and Harford becoming manager.  They have been reliable sources in the past i must say so it has made me think!!!

ENOUGH!!
name names!
i couldn't care less who these people are, but i won't believe any of this bollocks until someday announces truthfully, exactly where these stories come from.
i don't want to hear that your mate's girlfriend's gran's an executive floor tea lady and she told you. i don't want to hear that the yts groundsman with the high pitched voice and the withered hands was making up rumours again to become popular so bloody spit it out!!

email me directly if you don't want to let these other monkeys know.
i live 6,000 miles away, i won't tell anyone...
I can't actually name names as that would be wrong.  All i can say is one is an ex-town player (legend status) and another i really can not say!  I don't ask you to belive it, in truth i am not sure i think it will happen, all i am doing is relaying what i have heard.  To be quite frank i could not give a shit of people believe it or not!

well that's not very fucking helpful is it???!?!?
come on spit it out, who is it?
is it killer? did you hear it from killer?
DMR

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 18:33:34 »

King will NOT be moved upstairs

We cannot afford that
Piemonte

« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 19:28:17 »

We wont be getting a manger who is currently employed  if king goes, for the same reason
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 20:29:42 »

I've heard it from an "insider" aswell but they said don't be too sure about it, it may not happen.

Bob Holt wouldn't know anyway which is why he said what he said in the paper..
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 20:31:56 »

Why would a man who is Chief Executive and a Director not know about the management situation at the club?
Piemonte

« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 21:11:00 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
Why would a man who is Chief Executive and a Director not know about the management situation at the club?

Its a fair point
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 21:31:31 »

can't afford another contract to pay out surely? unless ston wills is paying for it himself!
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 31, 2005, 22:28:56 »

I would bet a hefty amount that King will still be here come the end of the season.  I may be forced to eat these words, but I think even if the board were against him, which they do not appear to be, they could not financially afford to oust him.  Especially with King threatening to sue the club for unfair dismissal if this does happen.

More likely he will be here to the end of his contract, at which point the board will review his contract and probably offer him another year having put together a great end of season run and finished in sixth, but lost in the playoff final 2-1 to Luton to a Steve Howard brace.
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 1, 2005, 00:55:12 »

Well that was all a bit of an anti-climax, if you want to call it that.

On reflection King's not likely to ever move "upstairs" for reasons mentioned above.

Harford is just as unlikely to oust his old golfing buddy as manager.  He attends a fair few games as King's mate so maybe given the atmosphere and all someone’s put two and two together and made eight.

Assistant remains a possibility I suppose, but Harford’s not going to come cheap and perhaps that’s what Holt’s comments today where aimed at.

On top of that read a few posts today that questioned would we ever want Harford as manager anyway?

His record is exactly that of a successful manager.  Except at Luton back in the 80’s he hasn’t lasted very long where ever he’s gone.

Onwards and upwards….

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 06:48:15 »

It's in the Western Daily again today ...

Holt saying the whole thing has been almost agreed at board level. Brace yourselves, looks like this one's true.
hong kong red

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 07:33:13 »

Quote from: "Chris K"

Holt saying the whole thing has been almost agreed at board level. Brace yourselves, looks like this one's true.

but didn't holt say 2 days ago that it was all chinese whispers and nallocks - that there was not truth in any of it??

what exactly did he say in the paper? does he actually explain what the setup would be??

all sounds well dodgy to me...

especially after his recent dismissive comments, god i wish devlin would come back. our board seems to be going the way of so many previous swindon boards - ie: doon they toilet.
and just what exactly does the poison dwarf do? doesn't he have loads of cash? i thought wee feckin willie was loaded, why doesn't he ever bloody chip in when we need it?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:24:19 »

HKr I thought Willie had already ploughed in over half a mill to help us out.  Mate lets be honest unless you're a multi multi millionaire there's no point in investing a lot of money in a club like Swindon.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 09:34:31 »

Quote from: "hong kong red"
Quote from: "Chris K"

but didn't holt say 2 days ago that it was all chinese whispers and nallocks - that there was not truth in any of it??

what exactly did he say in the paper? does he actually explain what the setup would be??

all sounds well dodgy to me...

especially after his recent dismissive comments, god i wish devlin would come back. our board seems to be going the way of so many previous swindon boards - ie: doon they toilet.
and just what exactly does the poison dwarf do? doesn't he have loads of cash? i thought wee feckin willie was loaded, why doesn't he ever bloody chip in when we need it?

Perhaps, but you know what they're like. Deny one day, confirm the next. Typical Swindon board.

Annoyingly the article isn't on the Press' website yet.

Choice quotes from Holt include:

"He will make an annoucement in the next few days bit first he has to talk to various other people."

and

"There was a long conversation with Andy King and his proposals will be agreed by the board."
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 13:26:14 »

Is now on the official site - announcement due in the next few days
alex

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2005, 18:02:56 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Ushering King upstairs would be insane. We can hardly afford the current wage bill, moving him upstairs and adding in a new contract, well, I beleive thats called creating your own monster.

true, but remember there is no chief executive anymore so now they have cut that job off the wage bill, maybe teh club can afford to employ a director of football and a manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: