Pages: 1 ... 3270 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 3276 ... 3981   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9105822 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #49080 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:22:31 »

My Plymouth supporting mate said that Jephcott works best in a 2 which is why he's wasn't playing for Plymouth as they've gone to 4-3-2-1 formation, I can see us going 4-4-2.

All depends on how that 1 up top is used though doesn't it. 

Doyle couldn't play as Bradford's CF but was bountiful as ours, I've not watched any of Plymouth's games so have no idea of their current style so I can't comment as to why he's not in their plans but hopefully he fits well into ours. 

Get a feeling Morgan is to be involved quite early on, not as a starter but expect a few 10-15 minute spells.

Looking forward to seeing it all fit together, hopefully a sum of the parts kind of deal and less reliant on one player.  As Reg always maintained you're better off spreading the goals around.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #49081 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:28:56 »

Some more Morgan Roberts goals

https://twitter.com/townendreds/status/1565588997279125504?s=21&t=Op_nTrEBkIoa8E6s_ZDt5w
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49082 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:34:20 »

No right foot, get rid.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #49083 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:35:32 »

No right foot, get rid.

It's still an upgrade on JML who had no left or right foot. Nor a brain!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49084 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:36:27 »

We never properly replaced Ricky Shakes, all been downhill since
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #49085 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:37:38 »

Speculation from Nixon that we failed to register the McKirdy sale in time...
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #49086 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:46:14 »

Speculation from Nixon that we failed to register the McKirdy sale in time...

I would piss myself if that's the case.

I know that's probably not in the long term interests of the club. I'm sure the fee was good and I know we all need to move on.

But purely from a fans perspective it's a mouth watering prospect to have McKirdy, Jephcott, Wakeling and Hepburn-Murphy as forward options. Adeloye too.

I personally think McKirdy would knuckle down. What choice does he have? score some goals and move in January. Sulking does him no good.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49087 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:46:24 »

That’s because the only arse he can brown nose is from Hibs.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49088 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:48:29 »

A pretty impressive window from the club it has to be said. Jephcott signing in my eyes in an absolute coup. Guaranteed goals in league 2 and 1 given the right service. Loan with a buy clause for a 22 year old fox in the box is absolutely superb business. Hepburn-Murphy is kind of a punt, showed glimpses of talent when younger and now has a chance to show what he can do in league 2. Exciting, direct and pacy I am led to believe. Assume the front 3 will be Wakeling, Jephcott and Hepburn-Murphy eventually?

The RB from Spurs is an interesting one. Spurs offering him a contract (which he refused to sign hence the fact he ends up at us permanently) suggests they see potential in him and the fact he has come to play first team football in league 2 is a great sign. I guess selling Ward and bringing in a young keeper might have been to create a bit of wriggle room in the budget further up the field. Let's hope Brynn doesn't get injured or suspended too much! Morgan Roberts sounds pretty much like the Aguiar signing. Northampton fans suggested he was technical but slight and so a move to non-league was what was needed. He's done well at Banbury so why not take a punt. If he can make an impact like Aguiar then happy days.

It's obviously disappointing to lose McKirdy, after last season's goal scoring heroics he was always going to be on quite a few clubs shopping lists. He's going to revel playing in the SPL at Easter Road, Tynecastle, Pittodrie and the 2 Old Firm clubs and he is going to be able to turn the wind-up merchant dial to 11. It will be interesting to see how he reacts socially in Edinburgh. He will become a known character and is likely to get a lot of banter/abuse from fans in the city. On the pitch it will be interesting to see how he does. Waiting to see if we get any good bye message from him on the socials.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #49089 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:49:43 »

I would piss myself if that's the case.

I know that's probably not in the long term interests of the club. I'm sure the fee was good and I know we all need to move on.

But purely from a fans perspective it's a mouth watering prospect to have McKirdy, Jephcott, Wakeling and Hepburn-Murphy as forward options. Adeloye too.

I personally think McKirdy would knuckle down. What choice does he have? score some goals and move in January. Sulking does him no good.

Just to piss off Lee Johnson is enough for me😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #49090 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:49:57 »

Fair play to Swindon to sticking by their value.
Player on way home.

More waffle than a Belgian pudding emporium.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #49091 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:50:39 »

I hope we have a sell on for McKirdy.

If he impresses at Hibs he could suddenly become a 2-3 million pound player.

Equally he could flop and be worth nothing.

Rather we covered ourselves just in case.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49092 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 08:57:39 »

More waffle than a Belgian pudding emporium.

Cheesy
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #49093 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 09:07:28 »

Always a shame to see a favourite like McKirdy go. Despite his drawbacks, he was great value.

I have a feeling though, that Jephcott could just become a Swindon hero. Give him service and he's got a track record of scoring goals. if you put the likes of Darcy, Gladwin, Wiliams and Reed behind him when they are on song, he'll get chances. With Wakeling next to him, or RHB (is there any word on when he will be match fit?) then I think we'll be ok. Adeloye, you would think, may be looking at a Conference loan when the window reopens.

With Lavinier coming in, it's going to be interesting to see if and where Hutton fits in. Further forward, or just a back up? I'd expect Shade to kick on if we go with 3 up top, and hopefully replicate the form we saw at the Bescot last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49094 on: Friday, September 2, 2022, 09:14:14 »

Think it’s a bit of a joke we didn’t move Hutton, Shade & Adeloye on in the window.

Disgraceful club. Bad data.
Pages: 1 ... 3270 3271 3272 [3273] 3274 3275 3276 ... 3981   Go Up
Print
Jump to: