Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228845 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6855 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 08:04:47 »

The u turning by this abysmal government is quite astounding.

I watched the broadcast last night and actually started thinking to myself that Boris was coming across as quite sincere. And then I remembered he'd been saying the exact opposite the day before, the contradicting cunt.

Talking about MOTs, I booked the car into the garage for Wednesday as only one of the windscreen scooshers works, and the second one only fires out a dribble.

Have you tried filling it up? Wink

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6856 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 08:05:51 »

The u turning by this abysmal government is quite astounding. I have to wonder what on earth the so called expert advisors are saying to them for the government to then get it so wrong time after time.
SAGE advised in December that schools should not reopen and that some kind of extended lockdown would be needed. The problem is not the experts, the problem is the govt is ignoring their advice, despite all their piffle about "following the science"
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6857 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 08:19:40 »

Those places will still be open wont they?

Apparently so
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #6858 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 08:52:31 »

I hate people who use windscreen wipers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6859 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 08:59:59 »

- Last day of term before xmas Gov asks secondary and colleges to lateral flow test pupils before return
- Then realises this is impossible to implement so staggers return while teachers scramble to ge enough bodies to implement it.

- Primary schools in certain borough in London are closed as virus rate goes sky high
- this is quickly extended to all boroughs when its realised its not really workable

- Sunday: Primary schools declared safe, despite SAGE advice that they should be closed.
- Unions ask to see the data that contradicts SAGE.
- Main union tells staff they haven't got assurances, so stay at home.
- Some schools need to shut sue to staff shortages.
- Monday, 8pm: all schools shut until Feb half term

Look, I get things change. I get advice can be contradictory. But this is rank incompetance, or political point scoring "we tried our best to...but", or trying to agree on all restrictions needed while BS the public while they did.

There is no way they didn't have enough sight of the issue to neccesitate leaving the school closures until 8pm the night before.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #6860 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:01:31 »

Con +5

FFS.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6861 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:09:57 »

Have you never adjusted a washer jet that is not working? A pin usually clears an obstruction. What car is it Bob?

I'm as useless with DIY, mechanics etc 4D, but I did open the bonnet for a token gesture. The left wire to the water tank has completely come away and is hanging loose and the right one seems to be ok but just spurting badly (I might try attacking that one with a pin though, good suggestion!)

Its a 2008 Clio, I did a bit of internet sleuthing and apparently fixing these things is awkward because the scoosher wires are hidden awkwardly in the engine somewhere.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6862 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:12:04 »

I watched the broadcast last night and actually started thinking to myself that Boris was coming across as quite sincere. And then I remembered he'd been saying the exact opposite the day before, the contradicting cunt.

Have you tried filling it up? Wink

ha - was the first thing I tried you cheeky git!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6863 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:18:50 »

Con +5

FFS.

?? polls??

Ignore
« Reply #6864 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:40:43 »

he was even trotting it out on sky yesterday morning. Changed within a matter of a few hours.

SAGE advised in December that schools should not reopen and that some kind of extended lockdown would be needed. The problem is not the experts, the problem is the govt is ignoring their advice, despite all their piffle about "following the science"

Yeah, I'm aware of that. I'm referring more to the likes of Jean Claude Van Damme and Whitty. I'd like to see them break ranks and tell Boris and co to fuck off and offer a sincere appeal. Preferably during a public broadcast.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6865 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:44:23 »

A working track and trace system is also essential to containing the virus, but we won't get one of those either. Only wasted £12bn on corrupt contracts instead.

What's happened to our world beating track and trace, seems to have disappeared without trace and no one even mentions it any more!

Ignore
« Reply #6866 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:48:03 »

I'm as useless with DIY, mechanics etc 4D, but I did open the bonnet for a token gesture. The left wire to the water tank has completely come away and is hanging loose and the right one seems to be ok but just spurting badly (I might try attacking that one with a pin though, good suggestion!)

Its a 2008 Clio, I did a bit of internet sleuthing and apparently fixing these things is awkward because the scoosher wires are hidden awkwardly in the engine somewhere.

I've had this issue on a couple of cars. I've found a handpump with a football adapter pumping air into the jet(holes at the top) clears any debris. You have to disconnect the pipes where they meet the jets(holes at the top) first. Also pumping water though the pipes while disconnected can tell you if the problem is with the jets(holes at the top) or down the system. If the motor is working it's usually easy to fix.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 09:50:08 by Arriba » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6867 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 10:01:13 »

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #6868 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 10:50:32 »

What's happened to our world beating track and trace, seems to have disappeared without trace and no one even mentions it any more!
It achieved it's primary objective - to funnel billions of pounds of taxpayers' cash into the coffers of Serco, Deloitte etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6869 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2021, 10:53:42 »

think there are too many cases now for it to cope
Pages: 1 ... 455 456 457 [458] 459 460 461 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: