Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon 0-1 Carlisle Matchday Thread  (Read 62224 times)
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:22:49 »

Will you fuck off with your incoherant paul bodin bullshit, he managed the green baize and they finshed mid table ffs.

soapy tit wank!  The green baize... they were the days!!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:33:49 »

We played Carlisle at home and their keeper didn't have to make one good save.  Nothing more to say.
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:35:13 »

Will you fuck off with your incoherant paul bodin bullshit, he managed the green baize and they finshed mid table ffs.

Well, we hired a manager who got relegated to League Two with Franchise FC in the first place. So it won't make any big difference...

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:36:26 »

Sack Wilson over the weekend and get In Gary Johnson to try & motivate the team before it is too late....... this season has been a shambles and we've gone backwards:
- all Fittons purchases appear to be investment projects for the future, the experience of Greer has not been replaced and we've tried to replace Austins goals on the cheap, which you would thought we would have learnt after the abject failure of dossevi / pericard.
- we need a director of football to act as a buffer between manager / board
- relegation to D2 with our squad would be totally unacceptable

ewsham Robin
Doctor Bamber

« Reply #409 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:37:34 »

We played Carlisle at home and their keeper didn't have to make one good save.  Nothing more to say.
neither did Lucas. Nuff said. We just werent good enough to open up a pretty poor side.

Their number 14 looked class, and that huge lump at the back looked a cut above until he got injured, but they had fuck all else. trouble was we had fuck all at all

do i remember their keeper tipping over a cuthbert header? or is that just rosy tinted hindsight
stfcinbmth

« Reply #410 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:41:45 »

Sack Wilson over the weekend and get In Gary Johnson to try & motivate the team before it is too late....... this season has been a shambles and we've gone backwards:
- all Fittons purchases appear to be investment projects for the future, the experience of Greer has not been replaced and we've tried to replace Austins goals on the cheap, which you would thought we would have learnt after the abject failure of dossevi / pericard.

Austin was bought on the cheap, so no other way to replace him really
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:42:15 »

We played Carlisle at home and their keeper didn't have to make one good save.  Nothing more to say.

They beat us 1-0.  Nothing more to say
NorwayRed
Not quite Hitler

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:44:40 »

I agree x3

Ran the fanclub: Swindon Town Supporters Club of Norway between 1992 and 1998. Now runs the non-commercial online website for Norwegian Swindon-fans.

Twitter: duncanshearer
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:52:22 »

Paul Bodin temporary manager rest of the season

Pint

No thank you

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:53:36 »

I've got no problems with the critique of Danny Wilson but can people please stop revising the last two years it weakens any arguments that you have. I've got more time for people who just tell it like it is instead of posts that seemingly disregard that Wilson kept us in the division in 2009 and took us to Wembley in 2010.

Nobody can argue that on the basis of this season, Danny Wilson is on borrowed time in a big way and, yes, should probably be out of the job by now. Nobody will go "well that's a bit harsh" if Wilson was to go in the near future.

Football is fickle.
Spencer_White

« Reply #415 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:54:59 »

One positive. The ref had a good game.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:56:08 »

Oh, that reminds me. The lino gave offside from a goal kick. Baffling

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:57:55 »

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #418 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 19:59:37 »

Must be why we lost
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, February 19, 2011, 20:20:53 »

It started off quite promisingly with the 'team huddle' and the crowd were really behind the team.  I felt strangely optimistic and had actually started to believe some of the crap that's been coming out of the player's mouths in the last week and honestly thought we would win.  How stupid am I?  We probably didn't deserve to go 1 down, but we had ample time to turn it around and yet again failed miserably.  We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored.  Everyone seemed to want to go for glory today hitting shots from much to far out etc instead of playing somebody else in.  

Carlisle weren't great, but they were better organised than us, defended better and most importantly played as a team.  We might look better than we did a month ago (hardly difficult), but we're still completely disjointed as a team and at times a complete shambles.

Benyon having to go off early on and being replaced by Dossevi who then also had to go off was unfortunate.  However, as others have pointed out what is the purpose of having Billy Bodin on the bench when Wilson is clearly never going to play him.  I can't believe he would do a worse job than Dossevi and it must be pretty soul destroying for the lad.  Yet again in the interview after the game, Wilson was harping on about lack of firepower being the issue.   Well, why haven;t you tried to do something about it then, surely there must be players available to bring in on loan?  We now have 1 fit striker for a relegation battle - fucking marvellous.  I felt compelled to listen to his interview on the way home from the game, not sure why because as each one passes I get more insensed by the utter crap that comes out of his mouth.  In fact, I'd go so far as to say I'm starting to despise the bloke!

As it stands now, I can actually see us going the remainder of the season without winning and finishing bottom of League 1.   The board have imo cost us at least 9 points by leaving Wilson in charge and it may be too late to make a change now anyway.  However, we are going to be relegated under him, so our only chance (slim as it may be) of surviving is to relinquish him of his responsibilities with immediate effect and get someone in for the remainder of the season.  Nobody could actually do a worse job than he's currently doing.

I'm so pissed off with it all and quite frankly the way I feel at the moment, I won't be attending another Swindon game whilst Danny Wlson remains in charge.  I'm not prepared to sit and watch my team go out of League 1 without a battle and at the moment, that's exactly what's happening.  They can all fuck off tonight as far as I'm concerned.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: