Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wills / Imperial tobacco  (Read 1975 times)
lebowski

« on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 20:42:31 »

Don't think the company exists anymore, but is there any family connection here to our own Sir Seton Wills?
JPC82

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 20:43:57 »

he owns it
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 21:05:38 »

The Wills family started importing tobacco into Bristol 200 years ago,half of Bristol used to be owned by them.....in fact Sir Setons grandfather left a museum for the people of Bristol and is free to get into....if you get a chance take a peek its bril......when they were at there height of buisness they baught shit loads of property and thats what Sir Seton has    lots of land,in fact he owns more land in the south of England than Prince Charles!!..Ive always wondered why he didnt make Swindon Town a big club like Madjeski at Reading......it would of been small change to him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 22:55:48 »

Quote from: "JPC82"
he owns it

Or more accurately his family used to, it was sold to BAT (British American Tobacco) in the 60s IIRC. Which is partly where the Wills family wealth comes from, although Lady Wills is also wealthy in her own right
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 22:59:59 »

If the Wills family are THAT wealthy, then how on earth did we end up so skint?

O.K. he was making a bit from STFC from interests from loans, but surely it would have been a drop in the ocean compared to what he has if he really is that rich.

He's just a tad dim perhaps?
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 23:41:45 »

Sir Seton married into the Wills although I believe he was worth a few bob at the time it was nothing compared to the missus.  I suppose their haul would nowadays be classed as 'old money' and while they have their business interests and a healthy bank balance forking out what they had been doing albeit it loans must have been worrying the old trouble and strife a bit.

It's unfair to ctricise to much from afar but after Brady and Diamandis it's clear he was a bit neive or to trusting with whom he let steer his reins at the club.No idea how hands on he was in the day to day running but I suspect it was minimal.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 23:44:40 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"
Sir Seton married into the Wills although I believe he was worth a few bob at the time it was nothing compared to the missus.  I suppose their haul would nowadays be classed as 'old money' and while they have their business interests and a healthy bank balance forking out what they had been doing albeit it loans must have been worrying the old trouble and strife a bit.

It's unfair to ctricise to much from afar but after Brady and Diamandis it's clear he was a bit neive or to trusting with whom he let steer his reins at the club.No idea how hands on he was in the day to day running but I suspect it was minimal.

Haha I was waiting for that false statement to crop up
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2008, 23:54:45 »

I'm sure I read that from a bit of Reg trivia  Cheesy

Go on then Si do the honours!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 13, 2008, 00:21:28 »

http://www.thepeerage.com/p3785.htm#i37849

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wills_Baronets#Wills_Baronets.2C_of_Hazelwood_and_Clapton-in-Gordano_.281904.29

Born into the family
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 16, 2008, 13:08:27 »

so he's Sir David Seton Wills (Bart.)
is he    ..........?
STFCBart!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: