Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premiershit  (Read 4058 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 17:30:35 »

clubs play to many games.  Well, that's the excuse being wheeled out for englands capitulation.  poor dears are to tired to play during the summer months.
I'll lay my cards on the table and tell you I have no interest in the premiershit or england, although I'm English as far back as written records go for the peasantry.
Why not drop the premiershit for all domestic cup competition.  As long as ALL English players don't play in the myriad of world friendlies that would magically appear to fill the fixture gap?

What about all the foreign players who play in the Premiership?

They dont seem to have any trouble.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:10:38 »

Well said Dave. Tevez didn't look too knackered last night.

We just aren't good enough.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:21:14 »

Well said Dave. Tevez didn't look too knackered last night.

We just aren't good enough.

True, but to be fair Tevez didnt have european games to play this season.

Also, there aren't many premiership players in the starting line-us of the top teams
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:24:56 »

I read that Schweinsteiger played two fewer games than Lampard last season.

Its an excuse IMHO.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:27:03 »

That Maicon has played something like 65 games-he's covered more ground than our entire squad!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:28:43 »

Maybe its the fact that our players are regularly getting pissed and stuffing their gobs with shit. You can't really say its the Cups as they only play in the latter rounds. maybe its the number of mid season friendly fixtures the clubs fulfill to top up thier coffers and clock up thier air miles. Possibly its the end of season jaunts - most of these to far flung places now where they can grow their fan base.
Maybe its just the faxct that they are lazy, whinging unfit cunts compared to Johnny Foreginer who can also invariably speak English better.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 19:46:31 »

I think 90% of it is in the mind.

Rooney was not fully fit though.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 20:03:14 »

It's not just you trogaldite, but using the term 'premiershit' is getting nearly as annoying/childish as 'Aljokefree'.

But nowhere near as annoying as opposition fans persisting in calling us 'Swindle Town' 20 years on from the debacle of 1990 Roll Eyes
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, June 28, 2010, 22:22:00 »

The problem with the Premier League is that it encourages a brand of 'entertaining' football that generates the Sky money and sponsorship which is ploughed back into the game. But it's a technically deficient league compared with the Spanish, Italian and German Leagues. Ball retention is not encouraged and Sky will talk about fantastic 4-3 games but players are just used to playing 100 mph games every week. Yet when we come to the World Cup we go out because English players can't retain the ball or be tactially flexible.

There are also deep seated issues with the coaching in this country and young kids end up playing a junior version of the Premier League where it's all about the winning and not developing their skills compared with say the Ajax way in Holland where kids don't play competitive games until much older and are taught to be comfortable with the ball in all posititions. This fits the system of football in this country and the strength of the club system masks the real issues. It will take some fundamental changes how we approach the game before change can happen. Changing the England Manager every couple of years will make little difference
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 06:17:29 »

Just put it in the automatic word changer thingymabob that 'premiershit' gets changed to 'premiership'. That'll fuck 'em off Smiley

I think it should be changed to: "I'm a bopard who finds it funny to repeatedly repeat unfunny things".
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 08:42:31 »

The problem with the Premier League is that it encourages a brand of 'entertaining' football that generates the Sky money and sponsorship which is ploughed back into the game. But it's a technically deficient league compared with the Spanish, Italian and German Leagues. Ball retention is not encouraged and Sky will talk about fantastic 4-3 games but players are just used to playing 100 mph games every week. Yet when we come to the World Cup we go out because English players can't retain the ball or be tactially flexible.
It's by far from the worst problem with the Premiership in terms of the way it's fucking ruined English football, but you are right. And some of the more brain-dead pundits actually crow about "being right" that the Premiership is turning what used to be a sporting competition into an entertainment franchise, a la WWF:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/stan-collymore/Stan-Collymore-column-My-World-Cup-row-with-Wolves-Mick-McCarthy-and-why-I-m-still-right-over-his-weakened-team-at-Manchester-United-article499137.html

Would a court in the land have convicted Ulrika if she'd stabbed the ignorant bastard when she had the chance?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 29, 2010, 11:00:21 »

stan collymore is a fucking prick.
he changes his mind by the day,and spouts utter bollocks the majority of the time.
he belives premier league matches should cost £20 a ticket as there is enough money coming in from elsewhere to fund them.
he fails to consider that the vast majority of smaller clubs would be ruined by such a stupid,ill thought out decision.
how could swindon town compare to say arsenal charging 20 quid to watch them?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: