Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Mansfield matchday thread  (Read 20193 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 08:48:01 »

Surprise surprise Clough thinks our first goal should have been disallowed. Nothing wrong in being a bad loser I guess but in my opinion that guy takes it to new levels. Don't think he has ever deserved to lose a game

What’s his issue with it? I assume he thought it wasn’t a free kick in the first place?
Even if he is right (and I’m not saying he is) and it was a soft decision - it wasn’t as bad as when the Mansfield defender got away with that handball in the box.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 08:53:02 »

First they should have had a free kick before our free kick,then he thinks Young was very tight to being offside. Reminded me of his interview after the Sheff Utd p/o

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:02:12 »

When the goal first went in I was partially worried Young might have been offside but again blatant handball in the box so *shrugs*
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:09:18 »

Walking up to the ground yesterday I was quite fearful but extremely glad to have been walking away from the ground with some of my enthusiasm for the club restored.

Thought that was excellent yesterday, everyone looked up for it. Watching players like Young and Kemp not shy away from aerial challenges with big Flint was a good watch and huge shoutout to Minturn yesterday, not faultless but doing a great job and the experience he’ll gain from holding his own against players like Akins (and then Flint) will stand him in good stead.

Definitely some shakey moments. Poor defending for their goal and they had several cut back chances to a player with acres of space in the box that they squandered which if scored would have us talking very differently but they didn’t and when on a run like we were, you take any sort of win and especially against an unbeaten side.

At the end of the day, a very enjoyable game and god did we as a fanbase need that, glad to see Austin coming on and contributing.

The cynicism within me reminds me that this is just one game and we’ve got a lot of work still to do until January and that we’re still in big trouble with Kemp and Young taken out of the side but let’s just enjoy yesterday for a little bit before Tuesday.

And finally, always nice to send Nigel Clough home disappointed again. 
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:20:48 »

I watched back the extended highlights. You can see that Khan has his arms wrapped round Lewis and pulls him to the ground as he passes to the Manfield player that UGM toe pokes the ball away from. It then goes to Young who bursts forward and is brought down for the free kick that leads to the goal.

Anyway, watch yourselves:

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #410 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 09:38:28 »

I watched back the extended highlights. You can see that Khan has his arms wrapped round Lewis and pulls him to the ground as he passes to the Manfield player that UGM toe pokes the ball away from. It then goes to Young who bursts forward and is brought down for the free kick that leads to the goal.

Austin's superb defensive header right at the end. Class.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 10:26:23 »

A very good entertaining game.
Nothing beats a winner in added time even more so when it's a significant result.
Felt that Mansfield were easier to play against than Stockport but should make the play offs at least.
Quite a rustic approach to put Flint up front with a good chunk of the game still left, but I get the thinking, apart from playing diagonals with varying degrees of success he was largely underemployed in defence.

The extra body in midfield made a noticeable difference but a different challenge awaits on Tuesday & Young might be needed to hold the ball up a bit more, assuming that the setup will be the same.

I think that Kemp did well with efforts at goal from free kicks when with Hartlepool but they've pretty poor this season so far.
Maybe he is due for one to fly into the top corner.
Good that we didn't concede any free kicks in Reed range yesterday.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 10:32:25 »

Made me smile when the comms said that Flynn has resisted wholesale changes 🤣🤣 There is a reason for that isn’t there?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 11:10:34 »

I honestly didn't think Clough's post match interview was that bad.

what's Lewis hair all about. Like a 90s Australian cricketer.

Glad he had an off game in front of goal
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 11:50:07 »

And just for shits and giggles and memories, cunt.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 12:14:49 »

I honestly didn't think Clough's post match interview was that bad.

what's Lewis hair all about. Like a 90s Australian cricketer.

Glad he had an off game in front of goal
No, I thought he was pretty fair. He said a draw would have been a fair result, which it would have been and we would have all gladly taken it before the game.

Oh yeah, the blonde mullet.... bad hair day or what!!!!
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 12:17:02 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 12:20:57 »

No, I thought he was pretty fair. He said a draw would have been a fair result, which it would have been and we would have all gladly taken it before the game.

When you consider they hit the bar at 1-1 & we scrambled the ball clear, whereas we managed to force the ball home it’s easy to see a different outcome.

The most pleasing thing is the fact that (and he can see it) we were good value for a point.

The extra body in midfield made us much more stable, and was pleased that Kinsella had a good game. There was a point in the first half where they broke on us and he was last man, and he did enough to slow them down so we could regroup.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 13:15:32 »

I thought Cloughs assessment of the game was fair. I particularly liked his explanation on why he put Flint up front Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 13:29:46 »

I thought Cloughs assessment of the game was fair. I particularly liked his explanation on why he put Flint up front Cheesy

....and that they were trying to get him back in defence when Chas came on.  Watch the winner for Chas's movement and execution of the header, it was Premier League quality.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, November 26, 2023, 13:52:17 »

....and that they were trying to get him back in defence when Chas came on.  Watch the winner for Chas's movement and execution of the header, it was Premier League quality.

Top notch, he may not have the legs anymore but still has the football brain.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: