Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: yaaaaaaay coxy scored!  (Read 4272 times)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:16:35 »

Coxy got his first league goal yesterday, a fucking belter it was too. And got MoM too. Woop.

(Apologies if this is a duplicate, can't find any other threads bout it!)

Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:32:15 »

Apologies if I'm missing something, but why is that so good? Do we get paid extra for goals or motm's?
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:33:21 »

I was under the illusion Leggett was merely congratulating someone most people want to succeed?! Was a belter of a finish. good on him.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:46:55 »

Apologies if I'm missing something, but why is that so good? Do we get paid extra for goals or motm's?

£400k of performance related add ons, so possibly.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:51:21 »

I was under the illusion Leggett was merely congratulating someone most people want to succeed?! Was a belter of a finish. good on him.

Well, that shouldn't be allowed. Like Parkin and Cureton before him... He's dead to me.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:52:11 »

Keeper could have done better! Commentator suggested that Cox shouldn't have been MoM.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 09:54:06 »

Keeper could have done better! Commentator suggested that Cox shouldn't have been MoM.

From what I've read on message board a lot of WBA agreed with it and want him to be starting future games.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 10:13:47 »

good for coxy.i want him to do well, then at least we can say he was too good for us and went on to better things.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 10:24:58 »

I want him to do well for several reasons.
Firstly there's the obvious add ons we might get.
Secondly it's a good advertisement for getting in quality players so they can get noticed. I don't mind quality players being sold after 2 or 3 seasons if we can keep that quality coming in - hasn't happened up front sadly.
Thirdly, I just want him to do well because I think he deserves it. Despite it being clear he was a class above, we were shit and his move was inevitable, he never once stated he wanted out. I thought he handled the situation well, still played with 100% effort despite the speculation.

Definitely a class act. I have moved on in the sense that we no longer have his goals, but I'm sure Cox looks out for our results much like I will look out for his goals.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 10:41:27 »

Summed it up perfectly there Si
Doore

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 10:45:34 »

It was a decent strike but the keeper should have done better.  Good luck to him - I want him to succeed because I told all my glory-supporting mates that we would be scoring goals in the premier league at some point.  I don't like being wrong.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 10:56:46 »

I thought he handled the situation well, still played with 100% effort despite the speculation.

Meh... we were still paying him a fairly decent wage and - I'm sure - some sort of goal bonus.

West Brom'll go up, he'll end up back at Reading, and probably score against us in the next couple of seasons.

At what point do we stop wishing him well?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 11:40:08 »

cheer up for fucks sake weasel

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 12:56:03 »

Meh... we were still paying him a fairly decent wage and - I'm sure - some sort of goal bonus.

West Brom'll go up, he'll end up back at Reading, and probably score against us in the next couple of seasons.

At what point do we stop wishing him well?

For me you answered your own question. Why not wish him well? He did brilliantly for us and, as Si already posted, he wasn't acting like a cunt demanding a move every 5 minutes.
My wish is that we go up the same season as West Brom, as that's the only way he'll be playing for us again.

It's All Good..............
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 1, 2009, 15:21:00 »

Great goal and glad to see he got MOTM.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: