Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FM2005  (Read 12494 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:26:42 »

Umm i can't be bothered to look for a new one with my current dial up connection. Still waiting for my dad's work to sort his broadband out for him, so i will probably be back at uni before then anyway.

If anyone wants to find me a non-offensive avatar then please do.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:37:04 »

here's my tactic

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jameswalsh/sonicyouth4-4-2.tac
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:43:17 »

My tactic seems to be working well for me now. Any tips on how to tighten the back four. At the moment i'm scoring loads, but i'm leaking goals like a king managed swindon town  :-))(
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:46:29 »

Who you playing in defence? I concede quite a few (had two 3-3 draws in a row, how King-esque) but I find Nicholas - Ifil - O'Hanlon - Smith quite a solid defence.

Comyn-Platt isn't bad either.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:48:16 »

I'm in the prem and have basically the regen players (because i'm in 2010 or something). I will start again, but i just can't seem to win the prem league. I've won everything else loads. What's everyone's closing down/marking settings etc...
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:50:22 »

Put a sweeper behind them.

When I won the premiership I only conceded 4 goals at home all year, but with a 4-4-2 I was conceding about 3 or 4 a game, just wasn't working in the premiership.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/premtable.jpg
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:55:33 »

so would 3 at the back with a sweeper work better than flat 4? I was going to try this but then my full backs would surely have to play a lot narrower. Guess i should experiment and watch a few full-match highlights. Once i have tweaked my defence i should have everything perfect i think  Yes
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 13:58:34 »

I always play a 5-3-2 formation.  I find it by far the most solid/balanced formation.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:04:36 »

I always tend to go for a flat 4-4-2, wingers pushing on, one CM staying back a bit, and one getting forward.

I sometimes change to a 4-1-4-1 to see a game out, and often nick another goal playing this way.  The extra man in midfield sits just in front of the back four - and the one CM that was inclined to sit back now just sits in CM, with the other three midfielders getting forward to support the lone striker.

I find that FM is not so suited to obscure formations like CM was.

I tend to have decent defences, so I must be doing something right.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:06:26 »

Well I used a kind of 1-4-4-1, I guess you could say it is a negative tactic but I was leaking so many goals it was getting ridiculous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/2hats/formation.jpg

Not with those players though, you need to have a decent sweeper to get the best out of it, I had Gabriel Milito and the two wingers playing  like Robben and Duff or Wright-Phillips and Cole do for Chelsea, I had Antonio Di Natale who was the star player and Steed Malbranque with just one class striker (Fabrizio Miccoli for me).
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:14:02 »

here's my first choice lineup and formation

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jameswalsh/lineup0506.jpg

Over the summer I sold Roberts to Torquay (£12k), Jenkins to Leyton Orient (£3k), Thorpe to Belenenses (free) and released Lee Briscoe and Ben Wells. I've signed Malvin Kamara (free), Tom Heaton (£120k), Anders Ekelund (£8k), Andy Smith (£10k) and Paul Furlong (£1k). I've just tried to strengthen the squad this summer, if I don't get promoted and my wage bill gets cut again I'm going to resign  :x
Spud

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:15:13 »

How do you take screen shots of the game?.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:19:32 »

Press print screen.

The only player I've ever sold for money is Parkin I normally just release them or wait till their contracts run out because I can't sell half of them and if they're good I won't sell them at any price.
Spud

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:28:49 »

Im currently Everton in the Championship, ive played about 25 games, won 22,drawn 2 and lost 1. Luckily i picked up a decent squad with alot of good youth players, ive also added alot of 16-18 yr olds to my squad for the future.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, September 7, 2005, 14:41:15 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Umm i can't be bothered to look for a new one with my current dial up connection. Still waiting for my dad's work to sort his broadband out for him, so i will probably be back at uni before then anyway.

If anyone wants to find me a non-offensive avatar then please do.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:KxExG9uzXA0J:www.wickedsunshine.com/Images/PNG_Design_400x400/Pie%2BTimeForPie_400x400.png

Sory it's a link and not a picture, it's not saved as a .jpg and I didn't want to save it, basically because I'm at work and couldn't be arsed.   Also it is a half-arsed attempt itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: