Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 35707 times)
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:04:32 »

There honestly is not 1 player I want back here next season. Twine has been fucking awful the last few weeks, in fact, other than the odd ‘worldie’, he’s been fucking shit since he’s been back.

He's not the only one who's been awful

But yes he has disappointed big time, can't see many higher league team following up ant interest...

QPR, Peterborough and Brentford have already said they are not interested any more....
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:06:39 »

This is the first time ever that we have been relegated to Div 4 and I have not felt that we had a good chance of bouncing straight back up (even though in reality we didn't).

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:06:57 »

Can’t agree. He was hamstrung by Power - that’s why he fucked off. Kovar apart, the decent signings he made were either sent packing by Sheridan or frozen out. Once he left and Power decided on Sheridan we were in deep shit. Just where he wanted us.

He spent a fair whack of the wages on Pitman, so we can’t not blame him for the signings, surely?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:08:48 »

Wright:
- Not a lot of pride not a lot of effort. Could have been 10
- Massive mistake to play Baudry. He was miles off it. Wright said he'd take the blame
- They were good, but they weren't Barcelona
- We didnt get a block in or a tackle
- Tame way to get relegated
- Players need to look at themselves.
- We have had 4 different managers and no difference
- Too placid and gave them too much time on the ball. Let them run in behind them
- Goals weren't that intricate.
- Poor penalty
- Playing against a good team you might get beat, but at least give it a go.
- Placid
- Recruitment and choice of players? Recruitment is a massive thing and 99% of getting good players
- Players have been injured or not made a step up from L2 to L1
- Some have hardly played and when they have they haven't played well
- Recruitment has been a big thing
- In both boxes we have been poor
- Recruitment and players resigned have been poor
- Players are out of contract and its a chance to start again
- This is not the way to get relegated.
- 5-0 was flattering to us!
- We have a blank canvas for L2. In L2 we are an attractive club. there will be a new manager and a clean slate
- Good club with good fans and not a L2 club
- Wright said contract is up and he will probably move on
- Will take charge for last 2 games.
- Consistency of play. We have players who get 7/10 one week and then 2/10 the next week
- Some of the performances over the last few weeks has been very very poor. Gutless would be the best word
- In the modern day, people will look at that, and analyse players. Players wouldn't want their clips from today's game
- Few words at half time and then we came out and concede two goals in the way we talked about at half time
- There wasn't a lot of pressure on the players. But they played with fear and they were placid. Now that its over they might play better. But you dont want players like that at your club
- Need a leader and recruit good players and good characters who might have bad games but not too many.
- Twine and Payne both tried today
- Club need to go  back to the drawing board.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:10:52 »

Brett is top scorer, though - even in this shit team. Those signed to supposedly supply him - Smiths J and M - were binned by Sheridan. DJ was sold as a final pay off for Power.

This is entirely down to the gruesome twosome - Power and Sheridan. And manufactured at that.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:11:12 »

Hartley:
- Shambles
- Not enough fight or spirit
- Wright cant explain it as he expected his players to put in a different type of performance
- Worse in the defensive box and the attacking box all year

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:11:43 »

Thing is, recruitment is only to be able to recruit against the budget given. If we built a team in a higher league on 50% of the budget in League Two like Wellens said we had, we deserve to be relegated for thinking that is sensible.

All the problems lead back to one problem. Lee Power and the ownership issues. Everything else is a consequence.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:13:09 »

Thing is, recruitment is only to be able to recruit against the budget given. If we built a team in a higher league on 50% of the budget in League Two like Wellens said we had, we deserve to be relegated for thinking that is sensible.

All the problems lead back to one problem. Lee Power and the ownership issues. Everything else is a consequence.

So do we have a bottom 4 L1 budget?
Do Rovers who are bottom have the lowest budget?
Do Hull have the biggest budget seen as they are top? Does the league finish in budget order?
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:13:23 »

He's not the only one who's been awful

But yes he has disappointed big time, can't see many higher league team following up ant interest...

QPR, Peterborough and Brentford have already said they are not interested any more....

Glad the Championship clubs have gone off him. Sign him a new contract, get a decent coach in that's not a dinosaur and he'll set League Two alight next season.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:15:51 »

Hartley part 2:
- Vast majority of players didnt step up from L2 to L1
- The likes of Fryers and Baudry. Injury and poor form
- A Grant. Injury and M Smith made him play second fidddle
- Swindon started in a higher division in a weaker state than they fininshed L2.
- As a division, its not as good as L1 has been in previous years.
- Developed into a 3 tier league. Larger group in the middle with 3-4 at the top and 3-4 in the bottom

adje

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:16:32 »

Glad the Championship clubs have gone off him. Sign him a new contract, get a decent coach in that's not a dinosaur and he'll set League Two alight next season.
Agree

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:18:38 »

So do we have a bottom 4 L1 budget?
Do Rovers who are bottom have the lowest budget?
Do Hull have the biggest budget seen as they are top? Does the league finish in budget order?

I've not said the league is ordered by budget but if you spend significantly less on a team per season than what you spent in a lower league, there's only one result. Similarly, when Blackpool made it to the Premier League and then capped the maximum wage at £10k a week.. You can't build a team on a shoestring budget. The investment is needed and we got hung out to dry with the hope that we'd pull off staying up. Result of it, we haven't

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:18:42 »

It appears obvious now that Power wanted relegation - and it’s not a conspiracy theory.

He is desperate to put the club into Admin and offload the club for £1. He’d get more back this way then actually selling the club for a few million.

He wanted relegation to try and guarantee there would be no buyer willing to buy the club - even better with a points deduction possible.

He’s come a cropper with Clem willing to be that improbable buyer and all the financial shenanigans coming out.

I hope the cunt gets rinsed.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:19:45 »

Hartely part 3:
- Terrible year
- Waiting for that spark and for it to turn around
- Oxford and Bristol Rover then good performaces at Ipswich and Fleetwood. You though those would be the turning point, but they weren't
- Couldn't pull a rabbit out of the hat
- So much going on behind the scenes and so many players used plus so much we probably haven't heard of yet that have made it a poor season

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Saturday, April 24, 2021, 16:20:08 »

Ha ha. Proper trolling sending Baudry out to face the press. Baudry. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: