Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FLASH TO BURTON ALBION V ACCIE STANS OFFICIAL MATCHDAY THREAD  (Read 1011 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, December 1, 2009, 23:13:45 »

Spun the old Passat around and zoomed off to Burton Albion.
Didnt fancy a trip to Old Trafford, done Shrewsbury, Morecambe too far away and didnt reckon i could get in to Oldham v Leeds.
Got to Burton at 7-30 ish parked in a cul de sac and had to move a 'NO FOOTBALL PARKING SIGN' to fit in.
Burton do have a large car park but i didnt fancy sitting for an hour to get out.
Pirelli stadium is a bit like Wycombe only a bit smaller, terracing at both ends and one side and seating and exec boxes on the other.
I paid £13 to stand on one side with the home faithful.
It was fucking freezing but i was wrapped up well as i bobbed up and down to keep warm.
Had a Pukka pie and a Dr Pepper (the worse had already happened).
Wish i had gone in with the Accie fans as the 100 or so made alot of noise and seemed to have a good time, i was stuck with the moaners, codgers and kiddies.
Burton started well and pissed all over Accies for the first 15 the rest of the game belonged to Accies who looked like the home team.
Burtons keeper made a Gordon Banks like save to stop a Accies bullet header but was beaten right on half time.
I expected Burton to come out fighting but it never happened.
Accies scored on 70 something minutes and then thwarted any play.
I left a couple of minutes early and now plan to stick on some Frankie Vaughn!! Bye

Clems Army!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 08:52:32 »

Sounds like it was a good alternative, and not a total wash out for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: