Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31952 times)
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:17:23 »

Frankly, although I am sad to see PDC leave I always felt that it would end this way, suddenly and acrimoniously.  However I am very pleased to know that we won't be having to pay Phil Spencer's agent fees anymore. That never sat well with me.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:22:25 »

He took a team from nondescript, recently relegated, 4th tier shite, and won the league in the first season.

He then takes the team to the top of the 3rd tier, despite having a great player sold behind his back.

In the meantime, Swindon have unprecedented coverage in the National press

I suppose you're right, he's rubbish
No, just a cunt for bottling it and leaving us in the shit.
Barry Scott

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:25:42 »

I suppose you're right, he's rubbish

Has anyone actually said he's rubbish? Doubt anyone could ever say that, the bloke was a genius. Only like all genius, it's sometimes tinged with madness. Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:30:03 »

I've not seen a single person say he was rubbish.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:36:59 »

Jed is still at the CG, and apparently drives a Bentley, trust a few locals will go down and "interview" him!!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:42:04 »

Curly Withers.  But he'll refuse to answer any questions apart from about the players preference for types of tea.  New gaffer Darren Ward sensationally reveals that he is partial to lotus blossom and jasmine green tea.

Tea is the new cheese

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:46:08 »

Tea is the new cheese

Have we ever had a thread on the merits of various teas on the TEF....I'll drink most, but think Earl Grey sucks..
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:47:00 »

I just did
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:02:14 »

Indeed, just not the legend certain people seem to be arguing he was.

Agreed he got us promoted from the 4th division but its worth bearing in mind our budget which I wouldn't be surprised if it was double most others in that division.

And this year he did well but fuck me he became tedious since the Autumn, constant griping whining and general hissy fits, agreed it wasnt rosy behind the scenes but probably little different to what many others face.

Actually wonder for his sake it would have been better not to win title (although great for us) as after that he seemed to rapidly disappear up his own arse and think he was Mourhino and untouchable!

In conclusion did well and an interesting ride, but on reflection high maintenance and way to dear at this level.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:08:17 »

Agreed he got us promoted from the 4th division but its worth bearing in mind our budget which I wouldn't be surprised if it was double most others in that division.

And this year he did well but fuck me he became tedious since the Autumn, constant griping whining and general hissy fits, agreed it wasnt rosy behind the scenes but probably little different to what many others face.

Actually wonder for his sake it would have been better not to win title (although great for us) as after that he seemed to rapidly disappear up his own arse and think he was Mourhino and untouchable!

In conclusion did well and an interesting ride, but on reflection high maintenance and way to dear at this level.

Totally agree with this,  his constant moaning has taken the gloss off many a decent result when listening to him on the radio whilst driving home after matches this year.  The win ratio has been fantastic as has his engagement with the fans, but I believe that there will be life after PDC.  Ward and Miller is a good place to start.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:08:50 »

Have we ever had a thread on the merits of various teas on the TEF....I'll drink most, but think Earl Grey sucks..

If I have a choice, Russian Caravan or Orange Pekoe. Russian Caravan with milk, orange pekoe without.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:09:54 »

To be honest, I pretty much agree with you

However, I did notice the irony of people who rated Paolo a week ago, turning against him for perceived disloyalty
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:11:54 »

Agreed. And, despite Paolo's self adulation as a great manager - I've lost count of the times he's said he's a great manager which is proven by the number of times he's been linked with other jobs that come up - as far as we know Swindon has never been approached by another club enquiring about his services.

He confuses speculation in the press with interest from other clubs.

It will be interesting to see if/when another club takes him on.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:12:45 »

However, I did notice the irony of people who rated Paolo a week ago, turning against him for perceived disloyalty

Hows that ironic. You can still think he's brilliant but disloyal.
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 19:14:59 »

If I have a choice, Russian Caravan or Orange Pekoe. Russian Caravan with milk, orange pekoe without.

Good old Yorkshire Tea for me...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: