Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 544709 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #2655 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:13:17 »

But, of course, we don't actually know what is going on

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2656 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:15:12 »

But, of course, we don't actually know what is going on

Two sides to the story and all that Clap

So, give no fucks
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #2657 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:19:35 »

So, in essence, Power is saying I admit I am obliged to sell to Clem, but I’m switching the lights off and not putting a penny more in to run the business, so whilst all the legals are being sorted the club is going to run aground.
True to form he then publicly absolves himself of responsibility, saying that all Clem needs to do is complete the deal, knowing full well that sales don’t get completed overnight. Meanwhile, who knows how many hurdles are being put in place to hold up the smooth passage of the legal process.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2658 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:26:30 »

This might happen or that might happen.
Possibly next week maybe longer though.
Interesting times ahead.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2659 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:27:26 »

The problem is as a club we don't have any time the clock is ticking

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2660 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:35:30 »

The problem is as a club we don't have any time the clock is ticking

Don’t be surprised that within a short space of the announcement that Axis AKA Clem have control of the club and finances the manager is announced and a raft of players too. I have no more than a feeling that a manager and assistant and players are actually lined up waiting for the trigger to be pulled. God I hope I’m right.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2661 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:36:57 »

You have to be right LL there is no alternative if things are not sorted really soon.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2662 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:45:10 »

I think we all hope thats the case LL. Theres little alternative at the moment.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #2663 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:45:50 »

Potentially the wrong place for this, but what the heck he is closely linked with the current shyster: A certain Andrew Curran is trying to acquire shares in Rochdale by approaching the recently deposed directors who still have shares in the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2664 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 09:55:14 »

Quote from: Flashheart
My guess is that Power's telling the truth.

But.

He's offering the shares with conditions that Clem is not obliged to agree to.

yes, I think it's such a factually checkable thing it would be idiocy put into the public domain being a lie.

it's only guesswork beyond that. my guess is Morfuni needs some sort of assurances in debt to power, indemnity or something and that Power has gone AWOL in that regard .

but it's all guesswork innit.

worrying times, for us fans that are out the loop it's difficult to 'trust the process'. Maybe if this happened in May we'd be a bit more relaxed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2665 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 10:09:12 »

Quote from: ThreeDrawsMentality
Potentially the wrong place for this, but what the heck he is closely linked with the current shyster: A certain Andrew Curran is trying to acquire shares in Rochdale by approaching the recently deposed directors who still have shares in the club.

I know.  itk account.  .

John McGreal, who recently left Swindon after one month in charge, is now the joint-favourite for the Rochdale job alongside Pete Wild.

Latest odds below... 👇

BeGambleAware | +18

#RAFC #STFC
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2666 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 10:33:15 »

The statement had no other purpose than "don't call me the bad guy, it's all Clem's fault".

We had the same shit from Bob Holt when Bill Power was trying to buy the club and it all got played out via the press.

I really hope Clem can get over whatever hurdle is currently holding up the deal from being done. My guess is it's over debts owed to Power (and whoever else). The fact is though, Power holds the cards and if he doesn't bend we're up shit creek.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #2667 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 10:45:20 »

I think we all hope thats the case LL. Theres little alternative at the moment.

Agreed. BTW, that’s a cute little stream that runs down the Main Street in Chard.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #2668 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 10:45:47 »

Yeah I think you are probably right, which is why the courts are required to sort this out once and for all. Clearly Clem isn't an idiot and despite the timing being absolutely awful for the football club is not blinking or falling for any of Power's games.
Fair play to him I know it doesn't help us as a club, but it's about time someone stood up to him, seems like he's shafted e enough people in the past. Well done Clem.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2669 on: Sunday, July 4, 2021, 10:55:41 »

From a Bristol City fan who makes some good points

This looks to be the stereotypical game that happens when a cash-strapped seller of a club wants to receive top dollar but the buyer wants to pay the absolute minimum and it is therefore in their interest to hold back until the club is placed into administration.

The current owner looks to be running out of funds, players and staff were not paid last month, so all the buyer has to do is wait and they will be able to buy the club at a rock bottom price and put the money saved into the club rather than the pocket of the seller.

These games always run the same way with fans fearing that their club may fold - you may remember the "don't let Torquay die!" fundraising efforts - when all that is really happening is the jockeying between a motivated seller apparently running out of funds and a canny buyer wanting to buy at fire sale prices.

Usually when the buyer is in the position of strength that this buyer appears to be they will simply sit back and let the club go into administration before taking over as, with no other buyers in the frame, this is going to be their cheapest option.

It doesn't matter if half the squad and staff have gone because the buyer has the money set aside to re-employ them.

One interesting factor will be the approach taken by Swindon council who are owed IIRC £1.5m of back rent on the County Ground.  The buyer will be looking to negotiate with them to have this reduced or waived because without this, they will claim, the takeover "cannot" take place.

Which would effectively mean that Swindon council tax payers will be part-funding the takeover to the tune of £1.5m.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: