Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chelsea in for Gerrard  (Read 4505 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 13:34:34 »

Ben, just a question.

If Arsenal really challenge next season - which I expect them to do - and win the league, will you still say Chelsea are the best team in the world?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 13:37:34 »

I can't see Arsenal winning the premiership next year but if they were to finish ten points clear and do well in Europe then yeah they would be.

But I don't think they will as they're not good enough - probably 2nd or 3rd. At the moment though Arsenal are probably in the top 5 teams in the world.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 13:39:06 »

They are better than the rest of the Premiership though, so as long as they do well against Chelsea then they have a chance.
Barry Scott

« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 13:45:02 »

I agree with you.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Man u, are all better than any european team in my eyes maybe not over one game, but stick them all in a league together and we would better them most of the time.

I always say the premiership is the best league in the world, maybe not the strongest, but as a business it makes europes leagues look stupid and our league is the most watched in the world. And as a footballing spectacle we are head and shoulders above europe.

You could say that the reason why Barca lost more than chelsea in their league is that the spanish league has strength in depth. I don't believe this, i put this down to their slower style of play. Romping away with cricket scores is not common on the continent, therefore making it easier to turn a game on its head.

Personally i have no doubts our league is the best, the standard of footbal is the highest and we make the most profit.

All the european leagues are boring, that is what makes us the best. Foootbal is entertainment, The premiership is entertaining. Serie A etc, is like watching paint dry.
Piemonte

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 13:52:42 »

Chelsea are not the best club side in the world, although they might be in a few years. FACTOID
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 14:01:05 »

:nono:  They are though. No-one can name a better side with any evidence to back it up.

The premiership is a much stronger league than la liga in my eyes. La liga being the strongest in the world is just a myth perpetuated by the Spanish media, it is no longer accurate, in the last couple of years the premiership has overtaken and started sprinting away at great speed like Linford Christie being chased by a rhino.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 14:01:19 »

The reason some people do not favour Chelsea is because they spent and spent and spent til they had ridiculous debts, and then get som eguy to give them money and save them. I personally do not 'hate' Chelsea, and think it would be good for Gerrard to go there OR real as both have better squads and poptential than Liverpool.

Having said that, there wouold be no place for Gerrard, Lampard, Cole and Wright-Phillips in the same team, so maybe it would be better if he went eslewhere from an English point of view.
Piemonte

« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 14:13:01 »

If Chelsea played AC Milan or Barcalona 10 times I would expect Chelsea to lose more than they won.  

They're a good side but you chelsea love is well over the top BWB.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 14:16:30 »

i know this is a bit off the topic but i've just read somewhere that southampton want £8million from liverpool for peter crouch! they're having a laugh if they think he's worth that! he's shit!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/legodcuervo/timmy.jpg

...and he looks like timmy!
lebowski

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2005, 17:02:32 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
Having said that, there wouold be no place for Gerrard, Lampard, Cole and Wright-Phillips in the same team, so maybe it would be better if he went eslewhere from an English point of view.

chelsea can consider it £32 million saved because having both lampard and gerrard in the centre of midfield just does not work!

not that i really care, but i think a better player for chelsea to sign would be someone like carrick, who did a fantastic job for england recently.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:18:51 »

Serie A etc, is like watching paint dry.

I can't let that comment pass,personally i find the Italian league is played with flair,skill,passion and guile.I really enjoy watching it.Maybe because the premiership is constantly being shoved down my throat[on the radio,tv ect], i find it overexposed and overhyped.Fair enough you don't like Italian football,but to say its like watching paint dry is such a trite cliche,it makes me feel so tired. Smiley
Besides the best and most important league in the world is the one with Swindon in it. Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:30:01 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Serie A etc, is like watching paint dry.

I can't let that comment pass,personally i find the Italian league is played with flair,skill,passion and guile.I really enjoy watching it.Maybe because the premiership is constantly being shoved down my throat[on the radio,tv ect], i find it overexposed and overhyped.Fair enough you don't like Italian football,but to say its like watching paint dry is such a trite cliche,it makes me feel so tired. Smiley
Besides the best and most important league in the world is the one with Swindon in it. Smiley

Good points....well made.

The good news is that the Italian FA have extended the retirement age, so that Pierluigi Collina, can have another season.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:41:50 »

I read that too, does this mean he will be able to represent Italy at the World Cup or not?
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:44:21 »

Cheers Reg.
At the end of the day its about personal preference.All 3 of the leagues have good things and bad things about them,its a debate that runs and runs.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Asher

« Reply #44 on: Friday, July 8, 2005, 08:48:49 »

Personally english league 1 is the best league in the world. FACT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: