Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peacock  (Read 2604 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:24:12 »

Did you think we played ok then arriba, because I'm struggling to find many positives from the game.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:28:28 »

i dont think he has played great at all this season and was same as usual imo.infact same as last season.i've never raved about the fella.
generally i didn't think we were terrible today at all.just the final ball mostly was lacking.our wide players didn't do what the should have. even their efforts were good today.it just didn't happen for them.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:29:22 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Did you think we played ok then arriba, because I'm struggling to find many positives from the game.

We were shit today. There are no positives to take out of that.

Two cast iron, nailed down

FACTS!
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:30:05 »

Quote from: "arriba"
generally i didn't think we were terrible today at all.

I'm afraid we were.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #19 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:31:11 »

There is a postive from the game. We only conceeded one goal.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 21:50:57 »

Big positive for me, Yeovil are a good side and scraped a win they barely deserved with their only real attempt.

They defended brilliantly today. Today was still better than most of last seasons performances.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 22:07:30 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Big positive for me, Yeovil are a good side and scraped a win they barely deserved with their only real attempt.

They defended brilliantly today. Today was still better than most of last seasons performances.

Your kidding right?  :?
Panda Paws

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 22:14:32 »

The whole "workrate" argument is bollox though really. Every player can work hard!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, September 9, 2007, 23:58:08 »

Quote from: "Rich"

well not really....surely the fact they've been around the play offs without any notable players should mean they're contenders? we were gash from defence forwards today and you can see why(they closed us at every oppurtunity)

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 07:57:46 »

I think I prefer Peacock in midfield now, he is a very hard worker and does not give up easily it is probably hard when your working all pre-season to adapt to a midfield role and then get shoved up front again knowing you won't stay there and the manager has already said your not a striker.

I agree he hasn't looked like his old self up front but it probably does not help with Blair as his partner as they are not the sort of players you'd put together, you have Blair that likes to get wide and play the ball and Peacock who likes to win the ball in the air or from midfield and try and knock it on for his strike partner to run on to at times.

I would imagine next week we could see the Cox / Paynter partnership as Sturrock has not got them here to warm the bench and I think it showed we need a new strikeforce.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 11:59:13 »

Well I dont think it helps his performance much when he centre half marking him is much taller and has his number when its in the air.

Peacock does a very good job of holding the ball up and spreading it wide when he gets it at his feet.

Which didnt happen Sunday, too much hoof hoof and more hoof. Which actually plays to no ones natural game
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 12:28:27 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
fuck knows why everyone loves him so much

hang on, i've always slagged him off!

i said weeks ago when we sign some strikers he should be nowhere near the starting eleven
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 12:34:37 »

id agree with most of that- yeovil, did well last year and should do this year... they didnt get near us in the first half, lack of cutting edge again cost us, quite baffling that the 11 on the pitch was nowhere near our  perceived best 11 but we still played ok and they implemented the perfect smash and grab victory.

after they scored everyone (fans, sturrock, players) started panicking and there was no way back then.

hopefully that one's out of the system and we'll bomb on from here.

officially blacker than the night.
red macca

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 14:16:03 »

Quote from: "DV"
Well I dont think it helps his performance much when he centre half marking him is much taller and has his number when its in the air.

Peacock does a very good job of holding the ball up and spreading it wide when he gets it at his feet.

Which didnt happen Sunday, too much hoof hoof and more hoof. Which actually plays to no ones natural game
Ah but if he actually fucking jumped yesterday he may have caused a few more problems, actually dv cox even beat him in the air when he come on so that is no excuse.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 10, 2007, 17:06:23 »

Quote from: "bennett"
Quote from: "Rich"

well not really....surely the fact they've been around the play offs without any notable players should mean they're contenders? we were gash from defence forwards today and you can see why(they closed us at every oppurtunity)

But they were poor. They created nothing. Ok granted they were good in defence but that's no exuse for our poor showing. We had our chances (not many but more than them) and we didn't take them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: